yes its embarrasing...BUT need to know

Options
Ok so this might be a little disturbing to some people... BUT do you go to do #2 every day? because i used to be very normal then got fat and now that im MFP im having sum issues...even though i try to eat alot of fiber(which i hear is good for that) so im just curious as to what is "normal"

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Once I started eating better, I don't necessarily go every day, sometimes it's every other day. I can tell you that when I was fat and ate like crap it would be at LEAST once a day........

Ew.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is it poop day? Someone else just posted something similar.

Everyone is different, so there's not really a "set" normal. Doctors say a bowel movement once every day to three days is considered normal/average, but that it depends.

The issue is that you WERE regular and now you're not--so you had a set bowel pattern that changed.

Are your issues that you're constipated, or have diarrhea, odd stools, etc.?
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I have the same issue. I eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and it is still an event when I finally go.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    It does depend on whats normal for you, but I would say at least once a day is a good goal to reach. Add beans and veggies if you are having problems reaching that goal.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Less garbage in, less garbage out!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    women don't poop!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky if I poop every other day.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    When I ate fast food everyday, yes, but it was because my body was trying to get the *kitten* literally and figuratively out of my system.

Now? No, like every other day. Depends on your fiber and water intake.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usally go 2 times a day.... Your supposed to go every time you eat a meal... Thats the bodies natural response to eating food. It wants to make room for the next meal
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    yay for poo threads

family-guy-hoodie.gif
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Eating fiber is awesome.. but if you aren't flushing it down the pipes with water.. a nice amount of water.. you're just bulking your poo.
    Ok so this might be a little disturbing to some people... BUT do you go to do #2 every day? because i used to be very normal then got fat and now that im MFP im having sum issues...even though i try to eat alot of fiber(which i hear is good for that) so im just curious as to what is "normal"
  • spangey13
    Options
    women don't poop!

Come on now, even Angelina Jolie poops
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm like a human atomic clock...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    "Regular" has different meanings for different folks.

Are you uncomfortable with the rate at which you're going? The actual experience of going? If the answer is yes, you probably should check with your doc.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If I eat lots of salads and veggies I go everyday ... Gross explosive everyday....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I usally go 2 times a day.... Your supposed to go every time you eat a meal... Thats the bodies natural response to eating food. It wants to make room for the next meal

It takes 8-12 hours to fully digest food. Do you think your morning poop is from you sleep eating?
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    If I eat lots of salads and veggies I go everyday ... Gross explosive everyday....

*Barf* - That just killed my attraction for you
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    How do you people not poop everyday? I poop everything, I think.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    You should do #2 everyday. Exercise + fiber + water = bowel movements!