yes its embarrasing...BUT need to know

Options

Replies

• _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    women don't poop!

Haha! My husband totally believes this!

I've never been "regular." The more water I drink, the better.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    women don't poop!

FACT.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    My stepdad always tells me:
    "New pushing the old, old pushing the hole."

It always cracks me up.
    I get mad if I don't poop at least once a day....but it's nice to be able to do it twice.
  • LishaCole
    Options
    On the natural health side of things 2-3 well formed bowel movements (non- diarrhea) per day is considered optimal. I have also heard atleast once per day from my doctor.

The following information was taken from Brenda Watson's website (I found it helpful):

"Conventional medicine defines constipation strictly in relation to the frequency of bowel movements and that regularity of bowel movements is individual: one person may experience three movements a day while another may experience one every three days. However, natural health practitioners believe that the bowel is the foundation of good health and having 2-3 bowel movements daily is important in keeping not only the bowel, but also the body healthy.

Those who suffer from constipation show the following symptoms:

dry, hard or lumpy stools
    straining to have a movement
    incomplete evacuation or feeling like you still need to go
    a sense of difficulty in passing a stool

The following lifestyle factors can cause constipation:

lack of exercise
    being dehydrated
    eating too many refined carbohydrates.

The following health conditions can cause constipation:

Prescription drugs such as cholesterol lowering drugs, prostate drugs and muscle relaxants.
    Some disorders of the endocrine system such as diabetes or hypothyroidism can also constipate due to disrupted or inadequate hormonal signals.
    Other disorders include irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, Fibromyalgia, lupus, chronic fatigue, and other inflammatory bowel disorders.
    Neurological problems can also cause constipation when neuromuscular signals are disrupted.

A wide range of symptoms can be experienced with constipation including:

abdominal discomfort /fullness
    bloating
    headaches
    lower back pain
    general feeling of malaise

According to the Canadian Association of Gastoenterology approximately one million Canadians a year suffer from constipation(http://www.cag-acg.org/patinfo/constipation.htm, 04/05/2005).

Healthy bowel movements are essential to a healthy body. The bowel is like a sewage system, unless we cleanse the system of toxins daily, they will enter the blood stream and harm the body. Constipation has many damaging effects on the body including:

Raising your risk of colon cancer (Eur J Cancer. 2004 Sep;40(14):2109-15)

Causing pressure in the bowels which can stimulate the growth of cancer cells (Cell Prolif. 2004 Dec;37(6):427-441).

Causing psychological distress, anxiety, depression, insomnia and sexual dysfunction (J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003 Dec;18(12):1412-6).

Causing autointoxication; which is when toxic substances are absorbed from the bowels. Autointoxication has been blamed for a long list of health problems, including depression and serious skin problems (J Am Acad Dermatol. 1986 Sep;15(3):559-63)."
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    usually multiple times a day
    HiRes.jpg

Warped maybe - but I love this!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Define "a lot of fiber" for me. Are you eating at least 25-30 a day? Less than that and you may not go every day.
  • cmj444
    Options
    Are you taking medicine? Many meds constipate as a side effect.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!!! I always know I am not drinking enough water when I'm not going at least twice a day. Water, water, water.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1-2 times a day. Usually 1, occasionally 2.

I've recently upped my fiber and make sure I drink 2-3 litres of *fluids*. Doesn't have to be water.

Once I went about 5 days and it was HORRIBLE. If I don't go in the morning I panic cos I just can't go unless it's at home :sick:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I usually go every other day.. while I'm at work. A little inconvienent but I'm just glad it comes! But it's very unpredictable since I'm irregular. I try upping my fiber, water and fruit intake. Coffee always helps too ;)

This! I usually always go after a morning coffee >.> TMI, I know... but it helps.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have spurts (no pun intended) where I go every day, then a week were it's every second or third day. It depends on my water intake that week, how much veggies I've eaten, etc. I think my most regular is when I eat an apple every day. For me, that does the trick. If you are bloated, gassy, feeling gross and are constipated, then it's a problem. If you feel relatively normal, and your cycle is every other or third day, then that's normal for you.
  • CentralCal559
    Options
    I have the same issue. I eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and it is still an event when I finally go.
  • CentralCal559
    Options
    I'm getting myself in trouble
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    If I eat lots of salads and veggies I go everyday ... Gross explosive everyday....

*Barf* - That just killed my attraction for you

So when you're looking at Playboy (or some other mag like that) and you see a chick sitting naked with her legs open, you don't think, "I'll bet that's what she looks like when she's sitting on the toilet?"

When I am looking at the Playboy the last thing on my mind is a toilet or her sitting on a toilet...

It will be now! :wink:
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea! Let's eat the same things at the same time, same amount and then keep our activities the same so we can compare?
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't go as much as I used to since changing my diet & eating cleaner & when I do go it's not as much as it used to be.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    mac.jpg
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and eat pretty clean and go 2-3 times/day. Definitely more regular now that I was when I was eating junk.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    YLTkh4XLSk-Nsh9U7-kBEQ2.png
  • mirandaneal19
    mirandaneal19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All i gotta say is if you are eating fibrous foods you should not eat way to much for it can also clog, that being said, eating a healthy recommended amount of fiber is great for a bm, but the trick is you should also drink plenty of liquids because fiber needs to be flushed out of the body those two things should help you stay regular i am not a doctor and i only took two health and nutrition classes in college, but that is what i have learned, fiber plus water = happy BM it works for me :D