What gamers do we have on here?

Options

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm actually surprised at how many gamers we got on here. Good showing! Saw earliar in the thread there is a group for gamers too...sweet.

Anyways, been playing since ohhh like 1988 starting with text based MuDs and finally got hooked by Everquest....since then I've probably played every MMO to date.

Currently playing Dota2, League and GW2

1988? Newb...
  • tr33p1g
    Options
    I'm mostly active on PC although I have just got a new Xbox ready for Halo 4 and Forza Horizon.

On PC I play Left 4 Dead 2,Team Fortress 2, Dungeon Defenders & Skyrim

On Xbox any Halo game, Forza and Gears of War

Vita its Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid HD
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Excluding the (I think Binatone) console I had (sometime in the 70's), with various versions of Pong cunningly disguised as "tennis" and "ice hockey" etc, the first computer game I played was Space Invaders on the Sinclair ZX81 (1981). I had to type it in. FIrst "bought" game was 3D Monster Maze. It had a black and white T-Rex (made from various letters and symbols) that chased you round a maze while you looked for the gold.

I was late into the online gaming lark and my first online game was Demise in about 2000 (http://www.decklinsdemise.com/news.php) followed by Dark Age of Conan... those were the days.

Whoever it is that is looking forwards to Torchlight 2, the intro and character selection and intial visuals are not up to D3 standards, but once you get into the game (and especially online which works flawlessly), its a lot of fun. I'm TheDreadPirateRoberts on T2 and... God knows what on Guild Wars 2. :)
  • FreeThotStrm
    Options
    Loved video games since childhood. PC games for me were WoW (hardcore, like 12 hour raid days O.o), LoL, Guild Wars, Aion, and I tried the D3 beta and was unimpressed. Now I still have my WoW subscription and will PVP on occasion, but mostly play games on my Kinect.
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I play FPS shooters on PS3! 8-) Mostly Battlefield 3 but sometimes CoD (MW3, Black Ops. Add me if you like. My PSN name is gingameister! 8-)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Been playing games since I was a younin. Started on an Atari my Great Grandmother bought to keep me occupied as she raised me. Anywhooo.

Currently I'm playing a lot of the new Madden. I noticed there have been mostly RPG based responses so I'm not likely to win any fans with this game, but the new connected careers mode is a great step for the series. The new physics engine for movement is also a positive step.

Also, I finally jumped back into MW3 last night as well. I was one of the guys who pre ordered a Hardened Edition and waited outside at a midnight sale for it. I played and played, until I got Skyrim. Then I put 160+ hours into Skyrim and sort of let MW3 collect dust. Last night I downloaded all the drops I missed and I'm officially back in the MW3 game. This is on PS3 btw.

I'm beyond excited for Halo 4. I've been waiting for something that I felt I could put my 360 to use for as I tend to get all my games on the PS3. I still occasionally rock Halo 3 just for kicks so a new one has me rather stoaked.

I belong to a clan for parent gamers which is rather awesome. The support network is rather cool, and the amount of people out there playing on a regular basis makes for a great network of gaming buddies.

If you are interested in hooking up my PSN is cubizzle as is my 360 Gamertag. I'm very creative.

oh, and I used to play StarCraft, and WoW. My wife is not gamer by any stretch of the imagination, and when I started to get deep into WoW I got shut down! I don't play that anymore.....

ps...friend me here too!
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am a IMVU developer and reseller have been since 2009 :) I don't play much, I just get dat money! ;) lol
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Lifelong gamer from the early days, starting with Pong. Played about everything since. I started MMORPG's with Asheron's Call, played it a couple years and moved onto EQ. 5 years there until WoW launched. I've played WoW ever since, enjoying MoP right now! I spent about 6 months in Rift when it first launched and lost interest. I always stay with WoW.

I don't raid non-stop anymore, like I used to. I play more for fun and relaxation now. If I started raiding again, I'd be stuck in the massive time sink again. I can play a few hours now, and put it away. There are still days that I want to play sun up till sun down, though. :blushing:
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I play mostly console (PS3) and love FPS like CoD. Also love Minecraft for PC!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yooohoo!
    Yo know, us Gamers have our own special groups here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=gamers

I'm 23, and have been gaming for the past 20 years of my life. That's right...I was playing Super Mario Brothers when I was 3!
    I own NES, SNES, Sega, Xbox, PS2, Gameboy, Nintendo Wii and DSi, and I have 2 PS3 consoles (so I can play against my guy online...in the other room...for non co-op games). So I mostly play console, back in the day I was really into PC though with goofy games like Sims and Road Rash haha

At the moment, I'm playing Borderland and Dead Nation with the hubs, as well as replaying the Fallout series

All hail Caesar!
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm actually surprised at how many gamers we got on here.

Lol, the last thing to be surprised about. How many of us got fat by sitting in front of a screen for hours on end?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yooohoo!
    Yo know, us Gamers have our own special groups here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=gamers

Thanks! I never knew about that. And Road Rash was such a fun game haha
  • Slimat30
    Options
    Finished Diablo a while ago and found it very addictive. Guild Wars is okay but not terribly impressed thus far. Best game this year has to be dark souls! Closely followed by Batman :happy:
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Geeze when did I start playing games? NES... Zelda... lol.

I stick mostly to RPG and Simulation games. I used to be big on MMOs but these days they don't have the same draw as a well made RPG.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    WRPG!
    I'm a Dragon Age *kitten*.
  • KathyLBrooks
    Options
    I have and still on occasion play FFVI and am now playing WoW. So I guess that it is the 360 and my laptop. =)
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Legend of Zelda fiend here... Any time, any place, any platform.
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Borderlands 2!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just started playing WoW again after 4 years off.

Stupid pandas :p

I also play Portal(2) on occasion.
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've got a PS3, an XBOX 360, a DSi XL, and a PC. I use all of them pretty regularly.

I also happen to have a Genesis or two, an N64, a Game Gear and an NES laying around somewhere. It's been a while since I touched them though.