Size 24 to size what??

Options
Just curious. I am a size 24 and am 5'8". I am just wondering what sizes people have become once they have lost weight. I know it's possible, but I just need to reassurance that it can be done. I am not requesting pictures (unless you want to post them), but just some encouragement I guess is what I am looking for. Also, what was your plan of attack to get healthier? How did you lose the weight Any replies would be greatly appreciated!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Replies

• Elise_healthy4life
    Options
    I was a 26 now I'm a 16 I brought a size 14 dress today but its a bit tight I want to be a 12 :)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well, I am 5"8" and as an adult I have ranged form 10-12. Since I started MFP I have lost 15 pounds and wear 8-9. I don't take pictures though, I am not photogenic. I am not trying to loose anymore weight at this point, I just trying to tone up now.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    5'5.5" and 23 here. 34-27-37 now. I was a size 13 in juniors in highschool and now I'm a pretty solid size 7 (occasionally a five). I believe I was an 8+ in women's back then and now I'm a 2-4 depending on the brand. At H&M I'm an 8.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and a 24. Good question.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I started out a British size 24, currently a British size 16/18 aiming to be a 12/14 - 5'5" and 38 years old btw
  • 302cupcake
    Options
    I was a size 24W at 302 pounds - I am now a 16W at 232 pounds and halfway to my 162 pound goal.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    5'5.5" and 23 here. 34-27-37 now. I was a size 13 in juniors in highschool and now I'm a pretty solid size 7 (occasionally a five). I believe I was an 8+ in women's back then and now I'm a 2-4 depending on the brand.

TAIGA!!!!

*ahem* Back to OP. 5'8" and getting close to onederland. Large frame, currently wearing a size 16 pants. At my highest weight (258) I was wearing tight size 20/22.

My body type is weird. I have no butt, thinner legs, and a huge belly, so getting pants that fit in the waist as well as the legs is really hard to find.

Edited: All sizes are US sizes.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I was a size 36W and it was tight. I had to buy them at a big girl's store and occaisionally shop at the big man's store for jeans. I am currently a juniors 11/13.
  • CRichards22
    Options
    I was in a snug size 20 10 months ago after having my second baby and I'm wearing comfortable 12s and snug 10s now! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! Just keep logging! :happy:
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I was a size 20 (OK, 22, but squeezing into a 20) the winter before last. Now, I'm a 16. It only took so long because I only started being diligent about weight loss for the last 6 months.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Size 22 to an 18 in 50 days.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started out in a 20 now Im in a 12. Still have 25 more pounds to go. Good Luck on your journey!
  • lanouette
    lanouette Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and was a size 24. Now I am a size 14. You can do it.
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey! 5'9" & currently weigh around 183+/- & wear a loose 12/fitted10. I still need to lose about 15 lbs before I'm healthy weight an.d then tone. I'll probably end in a size 8. :) don't worry! That can be done! I use to wear a size 28. 203 lbs lost as of this morning. it's totally worth it just keep with it.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and a size 24. My goal is a size 12. I have always been heavy and I don't have a great muscle structure under all the flab... Well, I assume I don't. ;) My point is that I'm not sure it's realistic for me personally to be a size 8. Don't get me wrong, I would do back handsprings of joy if I ever get to an 8. But between my doctor and I we figured that a realistic goal was a size 12.
    BTW, I have 142 pounds to lose. So, I'll see you around on this lifetime journey. :)
    Elizabeth
  • CheriBC34
    Options
    I started out a 22/24 and some 26/28's in January 2012 (and I'm 5'7) and now I'm wearing L/XL and yesterday I bought a size 14 skirt oh and 2 skinny belts!!! whoop whoop!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Just here to say try focusing on measurements over "clothing" sizes--depending on your body type, clothing can be a ***** (ex: when I was at my worse during anorexia, my pants size was only 2 sizes smaller than my normal size... my hips don't lie). Obviously, you'll be able to get into a non-plus size range of clothing when you reach your goal/ideal weight... :) Just putting out an early reminder that focus on measurements, pictures, and how you feel over numbers on a scale and numbers on a tag!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I was size 24W at 238. Now I am 193 and wear size 16W (U.S size).
  • johannasmith
    johannasmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to this feeling. I have been obese my entire adult life and it has given me fat brain. I really feel larger than what I actually am and I have a hard time believing I will be smaller than a size 18. I am now a size 14/16 and I am having difficulty believing that I could be a size 12. However, it can happen. :) I was a size 22/24 when I started. You can do it!!!!! Good luck! Friend me if you like for support!
  • abbiepql
    Options
    Judging my clothes is hard to call. I started in 6X and now I wear anything from a XL to 1X or a 18. And that is my pants - in shirts I could easily do a 16 so depending on SO MANY variables - like where you carry most of your weight (that area will be the last to get smallest) and what shape you are, as well as what brand or merchandiser you buy from will call that size number into play. General rule of thumb for me is about 30 lbs. per size in the larger sizes and 20 lbs. per size when you get into the "normal" sizes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!