Size 24 to size what??

Options

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". Started at 160 in February in a size 10/12 with size XL tops.

Now I'm 131 in size 1/2 pants and xs/s tops.

It's possible! :happy:
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I started at a size 22. I'm currenty a size 16 and my goal for the moment is to get down to a size 8. I've been a 12 in the past and I was about 30lbs overweight at the time so I think an 8 is a reasonable goal.

The size goal is really only an estimate. My real goal is around living in my normal weight range. I'm healthy, I have regular physicals, and I have frank discussions about my weight with my doc. When I get close to or acheive my goal, I will continue to talk to my doc about it and adjust my expectations accordingly.

Also, coming from a place where I was so overwhelmingly far from my goal, sometimes it is good to step back and say: "What is my goal today?" or "this week?" One year from now can feel surreal but next week is just around the corner and I feel like I have a grasp on what to do between now and then.
  • melclare10
    melclare10 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    im down to a sixteen maybe a tight 14. im 5'3 lost 60 pds.Ive lost 7 more pounds since this last picture. :)
    63sy1w.jpg
    p4vp2.jpg
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    I'm just over 5'7 when I was 200lbs I was a size 13 (I never had much in the way of hips) now I am 155lbs and wear a size 5 or 7
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall and weigh 290 and wear Size 22 to 24 (or 2X to 3X). When I was around 220 lbs., I was in a size 20. At my goal weight, which is about 180, I was Size 16.
  • GmomC
    GmomC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My turn...lol.
    First of all, I'm a pear-shape. So even way back when I was 125 lbs, I wore a junior size 7 or 9.
    My stats now........I am 5'6.5". I started at 205 wearing pants that were a really tight 18. I didn't own any 20's, and had no intention of buying any.....so I just wore the biggest 18's I had and squeezed into them. Ouch!!!! I am now down to 178 lbs and I am wearing 16's...and they are very comfortable. But, I am getting close to trying on my 14's in a few more pounds gone. Oh....and I lost the 27 pounds from June 30th of this year til now.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! It is so worth it! Don't forget to take your measurements too. Some weeks when that scale doesn't show much of a loss, if any, you may still show a loss in inches.
  • EveMother
    Options
    I started out in February as a US size 28W, I am now a comfortable size 16-18 and still shrinking. It is possible to get it off, don't give up!!! I want to get down to a size 12-14. I've lost 35 lbs so far.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". I was a size 24W and am now a size 12 (might possible be a 10, but haven't purchased any pants that size yet). Good Luck!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at a size 22 and my goal is size 10/12. I've been as low as a 14 in my adult life, but 10 or 12 would be better. I'm 37.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was a 24W (5'11) & currently wear anything from a 6-10 depending on the brand, style, etc.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at a size 22 and my goal is size 10/12. I've been as low as a 14 in my adult life, but 10 or 12 would be better. I'm 37.

Oh, and I'm 5'6".
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    It's funny- I was just thinking about this yesterday! Interesting thread :)
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to this feeling. I have been obese my entire adult life and it has given me fat brain. I really feel larger than what I actually am and I have a hard time believing I will be smaller than a size 18. I am now a size 14/16 and I am having difficulty believing that I could be a size 12. However, it can happen. :) I was a size 22/24 when I started. You can do it!!!!! Good luck! Friend me if you like for support!

are we related? It is a brain thing isn't it? I'm still only part way to my goal, but have a real problem convincing myself to even try on smaller clothes.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and 5' 3". On August 1st, 2011, I was 239 lbs. and a size 20/22 in bottoms and a XXL/1X in Tops. As of this morning I am 140.8 lbs., and am wearing a size 8 on the bottom and a M top as I type this.

Two pieces of advice I can give you is:
    1 - Be committed to yourself, and remember that not logging or "fudging" the #'s doesn't hurt anyone else but you! So be honest with yourself, and log everything your eat... the good, bad, and UGLY! That is the only way to really learn about how and when you eat and to start to make better choices. Knowledge is POWER!

2 - MOVE! I am truly amazed by how inactive I was before compared to now. If you sit at a job all day, and come home and sit on the couch and watch TV all night, you would be amazed how even a walk around the block will help!

Before:
    2011-10-19_16-55-05_118-1.jpg

Now:
    Untitled-11.jpg

*Edit to add Age and Height
  • dareacceptor
    dareacceptor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was a size 22 - but I bought size 24 "just so they were nice and loose" or so I told myself. I'm 5'9" and mid 30s. I'm in an 18 and still in the process, but here's where I started.

Motivation. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I was watching the Biggest Loser. I watched an entire season in about a week (I was watching online, needed something in the background while I was doing some spreadsheets. Having it on in the background, I realized that the trainers gave a lot of encouragement to the participants. They kept telling them "you can do it." It occurred to me that I never thought I could do it. So I decided... I *can* do it.

Tracking. I started by tracking my calories. I didn't plan to change my calories, I just needed to know how many I was consuming. I was shocked when I started tracking calories in a day - based on portion size and types of food.

Calories. Once I was tracking calories, I realized that's where I needed to start. I started to watch portion sizes, I limited treats, and things like butter, mayo, & dressings were nixed from my intake. I decided I'd rather spend those calories elsewhere.

Exercise. I started walking in the evenings. Okay, it wasn't evening - it was night. Like after 10. It was quiet out, cool, no one out to stare at the fat lady, and I could enjoy my music while walking. Soon I started trying to jog for some of the time. I also found out I could eat back some of my exercise calories - woo hoo! That was motivation to burn some calories so I could have some of my "treats".

Communicate. I started telling people what I was doing. I was embarassed, but also needed friends and family to be aware of the changes I was trying to make in my lifestyle so they could help me stay on track. This part has had limited success. But then I found MFP, so that helped fill the gap.

Measure. Decide what your success measures will be. Is it weight? Clothes size? Circumference of certain body parts? MFP lets you track most of these, so make use of it. I try not to measue too often because it's hard to see the progression. Weight is about once a week, other measurement are every 4 - 6 weeks.

Slumps. After I lost about 30 pounds, people started commenting on how good I was looking. I got complacent and put a few pounds back on. I also stopped tracking my intake. I had to go back to step one and get some motivation back. I read success stories here on MFP, reevaluated goals, and looked at my successes.

Celebrate. When you meet goals, celebrate! Be glad when you have to buy new clothes because the old ones don't fit anymore. Tell people how you're doing and invite them to celebrate with you.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' was a size 16, I'm now a size 4/6 (a size 2 fits sometimes)
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and ~140 lbs. I'm currently wearing a pair of size 8 jeans that are loose, but they are "curvy". I have another pair of 8s at home that are much more fitted, "long and lean" fit I think. Then I have a pair of size 6 "long and lean" that also fit but are intended to be close fitting (and they are). In tops I'm usually a medium or maybe a small. In dresses I can wear a size 6. I'm currently at my goal weight but need to reduce body fat %.
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 32 years old, and I've gone from a 270lbs size 24 to a 164lbs size 10.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have a question - many of you ladies are 5'6" and weigh around 160 and wear sizes 10-14. I am 5'6" and weigh around 158 but I can almost always fit into an 8...what am I missing? Not like I am complaining about wearing smaller sizes :)

I am 5'6" and weigh 174lbs and can do up some US 8s, but mainly wear 10s. I guess some women have bigger hips. I've got a bit of a mummy belly after having 2 kids, so that's what's stopping me wearing the 8s properly. I'm working on it!
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3. At highest I was a 16, currently in a comfy 12 (though i did fit into a size 10 skirt the other day). Would like to be an 8 I think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!