Size 24 to size what??

Options

Replies

• fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 32 years old. I went from a size 18 to a size 4. I NEVER thought I would be this tiny!!

I still want to hug my clothes every morning when I see that number :-) haha
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and at my highest weight of about 235 I was a solid size 18 (but was in denial, so squeezed myself into 16's). Now, at 183 I am a solid size 12. Hoping, at goal weight, I'll be around a 6 in most stores. Keep in mind that the larger size you are the slower you will go down in size. They say every 10 lbs is a size, but it took 20 lbs for me to go down a size at my larger weights.

This has been my experience too. I am 5 8 and, at my biggest wore 20. ....fast forward fifty pounds later...I am a size 14.
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm 5'8" was a size 26, now at a 10.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    5'7
    Started at 330 in a size 24
    Now at 258 in a 16/ more likely 18 in pants, XL or 16 on top generally
    Goal is 175 and about a size 10/12
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 and wear size 4-8 or 26-30... just depends on the brand!
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I've only been at this for two months but I am down to a size 20 :)
  • Exquizyt
    Options
    I am 23 and I am 5'8". I have gone from weighing 204lbs to 141lbs and went from a size 14 (snug) and XL shirts down to a size 6 with S shirts :D.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". Was a size 24/26 and am now a size 18 - lots of pics and info in profile.
  • panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", started at size 16 and I am now a size 8.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Size 24 to 2 (in college) back to a size 8 now, trying to get down to my "normal" size 6.
  • meowmily
    Options
    I was a 20 and now I'm a 14. Go me! lol ;D
  • Wood1977
    Options
    Was a size 22 now a size 16, can't wait to be a size 10.
  • traciemc
    traciemc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5' (153cm) - was AU size 16-18, now AU size 12, working towards that size 10 :D
  • kbmiller1
    kbmiller1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Was a US size 16 in March, now a loose 8/tight 6. 5'7" Aiming for a loose six!
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Well, I am 5"8" and as an adult I have ranged form 10-12. Since I started MFP I have lost 15 pounds and wear 8-9. I don't take pictures though, I am not photogenic. I am not trying to loose anymore weight at this point, I just trying to tone up now.

I think you are VERY photogenic!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" I was size 20 pants and 2x shirts a year ago, I'm now size 8 pants and s/m shirts. I'm down 47 pounds from since I started here, but in total 56 pounds.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and was a 18-22...I am now a 11/12 or 13/14, depending on the clothing item.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I started at 251 lbs, I'm 5'9", and I was a size 20. I have now gotten down to 194 and am a size 14 on bottom, 12 on top. My goal weight is 150 (44 more lbs) and I hope to be a healthy size 8 or 10.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started around 235ish. Size was anywhere from an 18W to a 22W. Now I'm an 8 or 10 depending on the clothes. Went from a 2XL tops to M or L. It can be done....
  • JULES1801
    JULES1801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my highest weight was 326. I wore a size 26/28. Now I'm a easy size 18 and some 16's, and weigh 236. I can now shop off the rack at most stores and even own some coveted name brands like Ralph Lauren and Guess! It took a few years to get here because I wanted to maintain the weight loss (my goal is 180-185). I've learned it takes a lifestyle change. I try to eat more "clean" foods. This means fruits, vegi's, meats, beans. Very few processed foods. I try to stay away from the whites (white flour, sugar, salt (although I'm not very good at the salt), white rice, white noodles, mayo, white potatoes, white bread) and instead eat more whole grains, brown rice, whole wheat noodles, etc. I stay away from fried foods and gravy. The more ingredients a product has (especially the ones that you can't pronounce), the more unhealthy it is for you to eat. I've learned that in order to eat foods I enjoy, I needed to work out or become active. I've always hated the gym but bit the bullet and joined one 1 1/2 yrs ago. I started with just the treatmill and elliptical a couple days a week and now I try to go 5-6 days per week and have expanded to treadmill, stairmill, elliptical, cable weight machines, kickboxing class, spin class and yoga. I found that if I can find something I like, I'm more apt to stick with it. I love kickboxing so I go at least 3 days per week to that class.

Having said all that, I don't mean to give you the impression that I never eat bad. I still love my chocolate, I enjoy a baked potato every once in awhile, I have fries and pizza occassionally and if you think I'm going to pass up the gravy on Thanksgiving, you're dead wrong! Lol. Anyhow, it seems to be working for me. Just stick to it. I know it's not easy but trust me, you'll feel better (physically), you'll gain more confidence (especially when people notice you and congratulate you on your weight loss) and you'll be adding years to your life. Good luck!!!

Sorry so long!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!