Size 24 to size what??

Options

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    When I was 340 pounds I was in a size 26/28 Jeans. And I'm 5'7. Now I'm 212 and I'm in a size 14/16 and I have a couple pairs that are 13/14
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You ladies are a d*mn inspiration! To OP:

*Log, log and then log some more. Did you have one peice of shredded cheese? Yup, log it.

*Drink water. Drink so much water that you think you will never stop peeing. That's probably enough.

*Move. You don't have to start running or doing 40 minutes on the elliptical, just move. Walk once around your block and then when you can walk twice. This does multiple things. For those of us who have a lot of weight to lose it is VERY likely that we have some sort of sugar/glucose difficulty. Exercising will even out your blood sugar enabling you to lose more weight. It will boost your metabolism, it will lighten your mood and you'll see results faster which will keep you motivated. In conclusion...move!

You can do this. You can. I know it seems daunting. There are days when you'll get on the scale and think really?!?! I have busted my butt, where is the loss? You'll want to quit but you know what? 3 days later or a week later you'll see it. You can and you will do this!!!!

PS - I went from a 22/24 at my highest to a loose 18 at my lowest during this journey, gained some back so i'm at a 20 right now (and dropping!).
  • frostymom3
    Options
    I am 5'6. I started out at 201 lbs and a size 18 in January of 2012. I am now 166 lbs and a size 13/14. depending on brand.
  • nefbaker
    Options
    Just put on my first pair of size 14 today. Started at a 24 a little over a year ago.
    I don't know how to post photos, but you can check out my profile photos.

The logging makes all the difference in the world. Even when the scale isn't responding the way you'd like it to...keep logging.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I was a size 26, but wearing 24s that were too tight. I am making my way into 22s now. I'm 5'4" and 227. My starting weight was 263. You can see my progress pics here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/753459-12-weeks-progress-pics

I have some 22s that fit me, but some are still a little tight. I expect to fit them comfortably by Halloween. That's my goal.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was a 24 in late May, and am in an 18 now - after 40lbs loss. I'm quite a bit shorter than you are though =)
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have a question - many of you ladies are 5'6" and weigh around 160 and wear sizes 10-14. I am 5'6" and weigh around 158 but I can almost always fit into an 8...what am I missing? Not like I am complaining about wearing smaller sizes :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have a question - many of you ladies are 5'6" and weigh around 160 and wear sizes 10-14. I am 5'6" and weigh around 158 but I can almost always fit into an 8...what am I missing? Not like I am complaining about wearing smaller sizes :)

Haha, funny you just friended me--we are the EXACT SAME. I weight 158 right now, but I'm 5'6" and wear a 10. It's all about where we carry weight. My hips are all wide-set bone--I rarely gain or lose weight from that area. That's why I mentioned pant sizes not ALWAYS being reflective, depending on your body type. I was 5'6" and 95 lbs when I was at my lowest point of anorexia... and I was wearing a 5 IF I WAS LUCKY, but generally a 7 (juniors)... at 158, I wear either an 8 or a 10. That's a pretty big weight difference, but not much of a pant size difference ;)

So, good on everyone where pant sizes was an indicator of progressing health and weight... I'm just here to remind everyone not to get discouraged if your pant sizes DON'T seem to vastly change.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Started out as a size 22-24, and currently in a 12. Hoping to be in an 8 by Christmas!! Been really working hard since January. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:

Edited to say: I'm 5'7".
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    June 1st, 2012 of this year I was 208#, I am 5' 6" ......................I was so upset and uncomfortable! I wore a size 18W or 20W in slacks. I wore a 1X-2X for blouses.

I did a walk around the hospital campus where I work each am, it's about 1.68 miles. I arrived 45 minutes early, did the walk, then went to work. I did it on my lunch break, same walk. I would arrive back sweaty, worn out, out of breath and mad because I was so uncomfortable just walking. The weight was coming off, but not very fast.

I learned on FB I had a friend from Oregon doing C25K..............I had never run, didn't want to, but decided that it would make a big difference. So I got it in the iPhone app store. C25K Free....................and everything rapidly changed. I am down 35.8 pounds, wearing a size 12 or 14 pant, depending on the cut. (not women's sizes, regular sizes!!!)

My blouses are now a size M or L.................depending. I look better, feel better and love that I am able to do so much more.

The only one that won't recognize that I look better is my husband. He refuses to tell me that I look pretty..........oh, well.......his loss. He says he was not unhappy with me being bigger and if he thinks I look better now then it will make it look like he wasn't happy before...............ok.........................?????????????.........men!!!!
  • mshoneysmile7
    mshoneysmile7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8.5 and I've gone from a TIGHT 24 To a comfortable 18/20. I've got a long ways to go but it's progress nevertheless.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Haha, funny you just friended me--we are the EXACT SAME. I weight 158 right now, but I'm 5'6" and wear a 10. It's all about where we carry weight. My hips are all wide-set bone--I rarely gain or lose weight from that area. That's why I mentioned pant sizes not ALWAYS being reflective, depending on your body type. I was 5'6" and 95 lbs when I was at my lowest point of anorexia... and I was wearing a 5 IF I WAS LUCKY, but generally a 7 (juniors)... at 158, I wear either an 8 or a 10. That's a pretty big weight difference, but not much of a pant size difference ;)

So, good on everyone where pant sizes was an indicator of progressing health and weight... I'm just here to remind everyone not to get discouraged if your pant sizes DON'T seem to vastly change.

Thanks for responding! We do seem to have similar body types...even at 10 lbs lighter my pant size was the same!
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am also 5"8 and used to wear size 24. I am now in size 6 pants and around a Medium for tops. Some of my weight loss was prior to joining MFP. You can do this! :smile:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Here's my stats

Starting
    245lbs, size 18 pants, 2xl tops

Current
    158lbs, size 8 pants (occasional 6 or 10 depending on style) medium shirts, small cardigans

I am 5"6", I also had twins 6 years ago so I carry alot of skin in the tummy (not sure how much that affects my sizes, but it sure gives me a muffin top haha
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 168
    Size: 12-14

Weight now: 129
    Size:2

I'm a 5'8 female. You CAN do it. It's a lifestyle change. NOT a diet.
  • kimad
    Options

Thanks for responding! We do seem to have similar body types...even at 10 lbs lighter my pant size was the same!

I also agree its about where you carry the weight. I am 158 in an 8 pants. My sister is about 15-20lbs lighter and wears an 8 pants too ... It's cause she has wider hips than me, but she wears a small/extra small top and I couldn't fit one of those to save my life haha
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 168
    Size: 12-14

Weight now: 129
    Size:2

I'm a 5'8 female. You CAN do it. It's a lifestyle change. NOT a diet.

SO jealous! I don't think my body picked clean by vultures would allow me to fit in a size 2! Of course, once I get down more, I may see that as possible. How inspiring even if it's not feasible for me!
  • kimad
    Options

I am the same as you. 158lbs in a size 8. It's wear we carry our weight and what we are comfortable in - I like more form fitted.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I went froa24 to an 8 or less depending on the brand. And I am still loosing.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I was 332 pounds and a tight size 24W. I am currently 218 and wear a regular size 16 comfortably, in fact they are getting a little loose. I am 5'11"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!