Replies

• purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    22 to a 10
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I understand why he does that. He isn't being mean or indifferent. It is quite a tough spot to be in, and he isn't lying to you. And you are probably right, he wasn't unhappy then and doesn't want you to think he was.
    Not true. I know someone who just likes big women and he told me his girlfriend who was already in the 20's in size for sure was too small.
    Also years ago my husband would deliberately sabatoge my work outs and diet. Yes he likes big women but also I think he was subconsiously worried that I would be pretty and that I would find someone better. When you look better you often have more guys or gals to chose from. Not that I would but since he has self image problems I think he was definitely worried that I would lose weight.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was a size 28 at my heaviest and actually bought a dress yesterday at J. Crew in a size 12! I am still 25lbs away from goal (which is 155 - I'm 5'6"), so I'm hoping to be a size 8 by then. As someone who has battled morbid obesity your whole life, I know that YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • sdurrahMpls
    sdurrahMpls Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think I got up to a 24 during middle school (crazy right!). I got down to a 16 in high school, had a baby and went back up to a 22. I'm now at a 14 - the smallest I've been in my adult life. I'm 5'7 and 207 lbs. My goal is somewhere around an 8 so I still have a ways to go, but the answer (which I'm sure you get by now) is YES you can do it!

Personally, I keep my calorie intake higher. I never eat below my TDEE, and have been eating around 1800. You don't have to starve yourself (in fact, I highly encourage you not to as the effects of low cal dieting on your body and metabolism are pretty F*ed up), but you do need to move your body. Do whatever you can, whatever it takes, just never get up. Yes it will hurt, yes it will be misarable at times, but it's pushing through those challenging moments that change your body, and can change your life. I think another key is cutting out the processed foods. Skip the fast food (you're just paying them to keep you miserable), and eat with the mindset of "I'm giving my body what it needs to function well" rather than, I'm giving my body what it wants to make me feel happy. Many studies have shown the effects of food (especially processed ones) acting like drugs on the body. Do whatever it takes to ease yourself from that drug. You totally got this!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'9"
    I bought my 1st ever uk size 12. Trousers yesterday.
    The jeans are tight, but i can do the up . But the trackies are super comfortable.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Was 28-32 size depending on the style clothing (wt.325).

Now size 10-12 and wt 160lbs. at 5'6".

How, changed eating and lots of exercise--esp. Zumba.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thought I would bump this topic to ge additional info.

Also, how long did it take to get to your sizes?
  • coriella
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5'' and went from almost size 26 to currently size 11.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I was a size 36W and it was tight. I had to buy them at a big girl's store and occaisionally shop at the big man's store for jeans. I am currently a juniors 11/13.

WOW...WELL DONE! I'm from Monroeville, PA - Go STEELERS!

I started at a tight 14 and now I'm a 4/6 depending on brand...
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 i started out weighing 160lbs and in a size 13 jr's....at 137lbs size 7 and at 125lbs i am a size 3/5 (jr's)

it took me 3 months to get fromn 160lbs to 125lbs
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I am the same height as you. Could you give me some pointers on your weight loss. I have lost 11 pounds since September 9, 2012. Although, I am extremely motivated I find that when I am bored and doing nothing at home I tend to over eat. Have a great day.
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and in January weighed in at 300 wearing a 24 to 26 depending on the brand and cut of jeans. As of right now I'm down 116lbs and I'm fitting in 14/16's depending on the brand/cut but mostly have been wearing 15's. For shirts I went from 2XL's to now Mediums and some larges. It's really crazy for me when I'm shopping because my brain is confused on what to buy lol. I stil have a little bit to go, I guess I'll see what sizes I am when I ge tthere.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and a size 20. I want to eventually get back down to 12 like I was in high school. And that's just pants... I don't really remember what shirt size I had back then... probably large. Better than XL on t-shirts and 2x on formal/business/dressy clothes...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", originally started at size 24/26 and am currently wearing size 12/14. I'm thinking once I get to goal, I'll be in 10's but may need 12's for "fat" days. :)
  • cinfaro
    cinfaro Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was a size 18 and since March I have lost 63 pounds and just bought my first size 6!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!