The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• rjsehm5
    rjsehm5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new DSLR. Dropped 6K on myself just like that and will NEVER regret it:)
  • danerrig
    Options
    Just bought myself an pre-owned 96 firebird for 5K, best purchase I have made so far in my life
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Seatbelt bag.
    seatbeltbag_zps37887160.jpg

Other than that, I cant really think of it. I got pregnant really young and never really had any money. Then got married, bought a house and still dont have loads of extra green sitting around.
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Braces. Three years ago. Now I love my smile where I wouldn't ever smile.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have expensive things, but they were all gifts. I think the most expensive thing I ever bought for myself was my iPhone. I am a stay at home mom and I have no money of my own. It took me months and months to save for that phone.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Louis Vuitton bag. When I was 18-19 haha. :)
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Multiple football games..included flights/hotels/dining. Things like that. I have other expensive things like a purse, earrings, bracelet...these were all gifts though from family/friends. Birthday, Christmas, college graduation. Other than that I don't spend a ton of money.
  • jehuster
    Options
    A $2,000 trip to the Turks and Caicos Islands last year for my 50th Birthday!!!! :happy: :bigsmile: :drinker: :smile:
  • kenjancef
    kenjancef Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new DSLR. Dropped 6K on myself just like that and will NEVER regret it:)

Funny, was going to post sort-of the same, dropped 4k on a used 1D Mark IV, so glad I did! Not going to mention the other gear I bought as well... lol...
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My pineapple green cheek conure (parrot) - Mango.
    He was 350, but all the other stuff was hundreds so it all added up.

One big thing with no extras would have been my laptop - it was $550.

I do not have a car or house or anything like that - though my college education will be my big purchase in the future but I am getting a bit of help with that!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My graduation gift to myself -- my puppy :) Having a dog is not cheap but it's oh so worth it.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So far. Turbo Fire LOL It was a graduation gift to myself :) Best gift EVER!
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My kindle fire! Best thing I bought!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Not most expensive at one time but over the years this adds up. I buy a new Dooney and Bourke purse every year. I can't help it even though they are 250-350+ I have to have one. Sometimes they just call out my name when I'm not even in that department. I don't want to know how many I have and given my left overs to my daughter. But I'm worth it!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Not counting vehicles, which at certain points of my life have been necessity due to location, or residence during the before the dark times in the economy when I owned a home....

Alienware gaming computer, top of the line, about as expensive as you could possibly make it with all possible max upgrades, best possible parts ETC.

And now, it's horribly outdated, and technology has moved to where it's not upgradable any more, due to incompatibility of parts.

And Dell owns alienware now anyway... so probably will not be buying another one.
  • njitalian
    Options
    My graduation gift to myself -- my puppy :) Having a dog is not cheap but it's oh so worth it.

Dogs are the best!
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My car... was out car browsing with no intention on buying one.. then ended up getting one anyways.. :) It was needed though, my old one was going downhill fast!

apart from that, it would be my wii..... otherwise, I don't buy much for myself, anything extra is for my daughter since I'm on such a tight budget...damn car payment...
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    Outside of house and car, my PT sessions. I got committed and bought 100 hours.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    A crappy 97 Taurus, but aside from a car! My ipod classic with accessories! About $250 total spent!
  • justinhamlin
    Options
    $50k car.