The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options
Curious... most of my "crowd" are moms and we all talk about how we spend our money on our kids instead of ourselves. Funny how things change. Now, my DH... I came home to a brand new four wheeler in the front yard one time... no discussion, no warning, just "ta da!".

I have two items to list: I bought myself a pair of square cut 1 carat diamond earrings when I became a mom, AND I had lasix eye surgery. One was probably shallow but the other was the best money I have ever spent in my life.

Everyone else?

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a handgun. That would be the most expensive thing. Second would be a Coach purse for $150. I buy everything on sale though..
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    car
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I bought a motorcycle... I was out "just looking" and then I ehh.. tripped... and bought one just like that...

Guess I was crazy that day - but I haven't regretted it one second :laugh:
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A telescope for my 39th birthday. I never got gifts from anyone else so I figured why not!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Laser eye surgery - best thing I've ever done
    Sari - it was for a friend's wedding, but because I'd spent so much on it, I wear it to every single wedding I go to now lol
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I bought a Lexus on my lunch hour once. Just went to test drive, loved it, was convinced by sales guy it was the "last of that color", so I bought it. Husband was pretty surprised when I got home.
  • karynspeace
    Options
    I bought myself a handgun. That would be the most expensive thing. Second would be a Coach purse for $150. I buy everything on sale though..

OOh, forgot about that one, but it wasn't very expensive - can't be a gal from Texas and not be packing heat!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    A house. I never quite finished paying for that one though.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Before kids I bought a Mustang, after kids P90X
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    $12,000 for a 2004 Sonic Blue Mustang GT.

but most recently i bought myself a $600 garmin HRM with a bunch of add ons.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    A house. I never quite finished paying for that one though.

This
  • Probably my computer. But that was also sort of a necessity and it was on sale.

I occasionally splurge on clothes, travel, and theatre tickets. Aside from rent, bills, gas, and groceries, that's probably where most of my money goes.

My next pricey purchase will probably be a dress form. I've been wanting one for ages.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    The most expensive non-necessity item I ever bought was a Harley Davidson Road King (Police Special)
    I went with a friend to Daytona Beach to the police auction. He was looking to buy a bike and I had the truck. On a whim, I bought one for myself.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am such a thrifty shopper when it comes to myself that I seriously can't think of anything. I don't count cars or houses since they're technically not mine. Hmmm....I am such a cheapskate! All I can think of is black leather Kenneth Cole boots, the tag said $300+ but I bought them at Ross for $55!!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    House and cars and investments and furniture aside,

I don't think I've spent more than a couple grand on a toy. I think my 5D MKII camera is the most expensive.
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Round the world plane ticket! I leave for New Zealand in November, then Australia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam :D
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Skeeter ZX2250 Bay boat with a 250 Yamaha. :smokin:
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A cruise.

I'm normally not the type of person to spend money, let alone on something that I can't physically see for years, but I needed a vacation so I took one. I went way over my budget, but I don't regret it. The memories are worth it.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Custom lasik surgery for my birthday 8 years ago!! Best money ever spent... of course I have bought myself cars that cost way more but those were necessities! I do not consider them splurges. :happy:
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Car.