The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    My car, but I feel that's kind of a given. I mean, I needed a new one and they're expensive.
  • Probably my road bike.

I don't count my car or laptop since I need both.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    My macbook pro retina. Yes I'm a apple fanboy. I love it.

(I can't claim my laser eye surgery since it was over 20 years ago and back then I could claim some of it on health insurance. I was one of the first in Ontario to get it done, long before they refined the process. Back then they *scraped* the outer layer off before zapping it and the layer had to then regrow. So much nicer now with the flap method)
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    My macbook pro retina. Yes I'm a apple fanboy. I love it.

*Fangirl :)

The most expensive thing i have purchased - aside from a car is probably a wedding ring that never got used lol. Got 50$ for it in the end - its a screwed up world.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    my son is almost 2. in that time, I can't say that I have spent more than $100 on anything for myself. things have been tight since he came along, and he and my wife always come first.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    The biggest splurge...hmmm...well I'll say that it WILL be the Michael Kors bag I'll present myself with once I reach my goal weight!
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    A trip to France. My daughter's student-exchange program fell through, so I went with her myself. Such a sacrifice!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Anything I buy it's for the household. I don't really spend a lot of money on myself.
  • $1000 pair of Loubs... Chistian Louboutins.... shoes
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    I bought myself a condo. :) And I absolutely love it. It's a loft space in a historic building and my view is positively gorgeous.

Getting ready to rent it out, though, as me and my bf are getting ready to move in together and my place is really just for one person. It's pretty large for a one-bedroom (940 sq ft) but it's one main open room, a bathroom (of course) and there's not even a door on the bedroom. There's nowhere for anyone to go away to.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Boobs :smile:
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Laptop for school. Don't recall how much it was..... $300 something....
    Next in line was probably my prom dress for my senior year of high school, or my Wii.
  • A trip to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Does it count if you have a LOAN on a car?
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Boobs :smile:

Best investment ever! :drinker:
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Aside from my car, I'd have to say my Macbook Pro and LASIK. I don't regret buying either.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Before I had kids I bought a VW Beetle convertible. I'd always wanted a convertible! I sold it when I was pregnant with my first, in 2009.

The most expensive thing I've bought since....um, probably something to wear! I do spend most of my money on my kids.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    A house. I never quite finished paying for that one though.

I'm still paying for mine and learning to fix it, now not likely to splurge due to said house and repairs. But even before the house I didn't like to spend money on myself.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    This past winter I bought myself a 650 dollar laptop. I didn't want to though, I had to for school. It sucked spending that much money, and it was right around christmas time. I honestly would have loved to spend it all on my kids instead.