The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    in order of price Diamond earrings, 55" TV, pea coat (i hope isn't too big to wear in a few months), galaxy tab
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Was on a business trip...passed by the dealership...it was the 30th...I loved this sports car there...gave them a ridiculous below factory price offer. Following day I was in a meeting still in town, got a call saying they would accept my offer if I would show up in half an hour.

Go my vroom vroom car and they got their quota check for the month :)
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I don't count my car since it's a necessity - but mine would definitely my motorcycle!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    House....Cars.....

2k Movado watch
    10k Ring
  • MagicandCastles
    Options
    Peugeot 206 CC- £3500- spent the best part of a year saving what I could of my minimum wage to save up for that car. He is called Percy and is my pride and joy, a years worth of hard work went into him and a years worth of cruising with the roof down even in the cold has come out of him!
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anything I buy it's for the household. I don't really spend a lot of money on myself.

This...at least since we have had kids.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    car....and my new mac...nothing too exciting :S
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My car...but except for that, went to the music store to get a set of strings, came out, 2500$ later, with a new guitar and amp! lol
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Besides cars, vacations, and computers... probably a $350 Movado watch. Just cuz.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    well in the big picture I would have to say "house" too. In the little picture I bought myself a few name brand purses...(on sale)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    $600 for a trainer... worth every penny. Lost 59lbs in a year and competed in my first figure competition!!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    bikes
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My college education. $35 000 in debt and counting.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Guess I would have been my car. But then I also bought that with my daughter in mind, safety and reliability and all that. So second thing I guess would be my computer.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    $1,500 hair extensions. I hated them and had them removed a month later. I also spent almost $500 on my senior prom dress. It was gorgeous, and it was from one of those places where you register your dress so no one else at your prom can buy the same one. It was yellow and gold (think beauty and the beast) and the outside was layers and layer and LAYERS of chiffon with hand beading around the edges... it ripped. The entire bottom ripped apart like I had been attacked by dogs before we even got to pictures. I couldn't even believe it, I was so upset!

ETA: I was just thinking of things that were ridiculous. I did purchase a new car a few years ago and I'm working my way through school for the second time which will add up to like $30,000 but I consider those both good purchases lol
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Options
    college
  • altacosturabeth
    altacosturabeth Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Probably my Alexander McQueen scarf at £165.

Though if I was paid regularly I'm sure it'd be a lot more than that...
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i bought my brand new JEEP :) it was the best purchase ever...worth every penny
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Options
    flights / hotels / tickets to see The Cure in various cities.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Condo in downtown Chicago. Then I realized how lonely and boring it is to live there. I still own it, but now I live in a foodie neighbordhood.

Aside from real estate, a Louis Vuitton purse. I'll just say I could've paid a YEAR of college.