The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    1. My new car... a lexus RX350 $35k -this year
    2. My boobs $6k -2 years ago

oh and my home i suppose...but thats not really just for "me" alone
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I bought my freedom from the IRS one year for $27,000. Most difficult time I've ever had writing a check.

ouch!!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Xbox + Kinetic, 2nd laptop because the 1st was semi broken and the desktop died (I say its for work ;} *wink, wink* ), pricey smartphone, Kindle Fire ---- I could live without all of these, but it would be harder, boringer (is that a word?) and more difficult at times.

Since I don't have kids, I basically always ask myself - how much am I gonna use this? Am I gonna be using this next year? And most importantly - when is the next upgrade planned?

Bought Kindle Fire less than 3 months ago, they released the HD for the same price.
    Bought FitBit Ultra less than 5 months ago, they release (2) new models that either would have worked better but I'm not popping for another at the price as the one I have. Really wish they would offer a trade in program (*hint hint FitBit people*).
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    For myself, by myself? I'd have to say my BMW...that I sold before the warrenty ran out, and it became more expensive. I guess that counts. I will never spend $30k on a car again, however, I promise you that. Does that really count, though, since I sold it? I never owned it. I took out a loan.

Things that I bought on my own, for me...Ooooh...my lawyer for my divorce. Only...my mom paid, and I'm still paying her back. But that was about $6k.

ITEMS though? Ummm...maybe a pair of boots for $150-200? I don't spend much on myself. Not on things .I spend more on stuff like getting my hair done. Or a massage. Only my massage comes from Discover Card Cash Back Bonuses...so I don't pay technically.

Sorry...I rambled. I tend to do that.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Tie between my Gary Fisher/Tiburon CS hybrid bicycle and a Nikon D5100 DSLR Camera I just bought a few days ago. I don't have a need to drive atm so I've never bought a car.

If I could I'd get the Honda Golf @ $18,000.

Oh, and college. Year 4 now...oh god I don't even want to think of the number in loans... I'll either need to have a better job by the time I graduate or move to Canada.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I bought my freedom from the IRS one year for $27,000. Most difficult time I've ever had writing a check.

ouch!!

That's what happens when you're self-employed and don't pay quarterly taxes. :grumble:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Boobies!!!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Kawasaki Z1000 motorbike!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    it was $8000.00 in 2008 and I deserved it after all my hard work. before then the most money I have spent on myself was my Grammy dress in 2007. this year (the day after Christmas) i plan on about $3000.00 on a new wardrobe because im about 10 pounds from my goal weight (mas o menos) right now.:bigsmile:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Not counting something you make payments on, probably the Harley. Bought it with a wad of cash from a guy who had too many DUIs to keep it. Poor guy had put his heart and soul into the thing. His loss, my gain.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    you people are rich :P
    i guess an iphone.

no,it would have to be a macbook. but i'd treat myself a diamond ring anytime :)

I can't imagine it would be hard to get someone else to treat you to one

aw thank you, that's so sweet unfortunately, people around me don't see it thought :)
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    My ipad
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A Condo. Finalizing the paperwork now!

All me, no cosigners, no high interest, no loan points, nothin! AAAaGGHHH I'm so pumped!!

I don't really wanna talk **** but the **** I cop just make me brag.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    you people are rich :P
    i guess an iphone.

no,it would have to be a macbook. but i'd treat myself a diamond ring anytime :)

I can't imagine it would be hard to get someone else to treat you to one

aw thank you, that's so sweet unfortunately, people around me don't see it though :)

they're probably scared
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    House this year in June....wrote a check for it....and yes, I had the money in the account..lol (inheritance really helped)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Other than my car, my pandora bracelet. I also love coach purses but now that we have an outlet they cost less money :)

or my yearly trips to Vegas (do those count? haha)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    my watch ot my lastest camera. both cost the same amount, and both are more expensive than a new car....I am an idiot.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I also love coach purses but now that we have an outlet they cost less money :)

:heart: the Coach outlet stores! Did you know they sell online too? You have to sign up for emails--they'll send you invites for online "events" that run for a day or two. As you purchase more online, they increase the frequency of the invites you receive. Now that pretty much my only purchases are from the online outlet, I get sale invites almost every day of the week!:blushing:
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My laptop that I bought back in early 2008. I got it on a President's Day sale for $575. I feel somewhat strange that at 26 years old, that is my biggest purchase to date...at least, that I can think of.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Boobs :smile:

And you are showing your back in your profile pic??:laugh:

This summer I bought 15 fruit trees and planted a small orchard. The trees and all the fencing and such were around $500. I thought my husband was going to pass out since I didn't tell him how much it would be before hand. Now if we could just get the deer to quit eating the trees....