The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• MommaKit79
    Options
    Aside from the normal "Adult Responsiblities" that we pay for the rest of our lives...UM, lately, I cant think of ANYTHING that I have splurged on for myself...BUT, when I hit my goal, I am spending the $$ on a Tatoo...FINALLY!!!!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I treat myself most years to something special from Tiffany's and Coach, but the most expensive thing I bought for myself that weren't for my home or my sanity (aka vacations and the treats above) would have to be my treadmill.
  • Maebull
    Maebull Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I guess the most expensive thing would be my motorcycle. Then my wedding rings for my 15 year anniversary. Then a Coach purse and matching wallet as a reward for quitting smoking. All well worth the expense.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My tummy tuck and lift. I work hard and deserve it!

I want this!!!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My pc, ds and wii. I love me some gadgets. most was the PC, it was around $300.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Diamond earrings this year; how frivolous is that!
    But I did talk it over with my husband first.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Vacation to Germany: $1350
    Computer: $1250.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I bought a $6,000 bed on sale for about $3,000.

It is amazing
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    tummy tuck after the kids was probably the most expensive thing that was just for me. My pole was 800 that I got last year (was time to upgrade)....and clothes, I buy clothes a lot. And boots. hmmmmm I spend money on me all the time I guess! yay! I leave the cars and diamonds to the husband to buy.....he's spoiled too, so are the kids. we're equal opportunity spenders.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    After losing everything and being homeless for a while, when I had extra money I treated myself to a $150 jar of Lancome moisturizer. I also spent $175 last year on a Dinair airbrush kit for my birthday. Extremely rare for me!
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A college degree.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Her name was Tatiana. Best night ever.
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    My current competition shotgun, $12,000 with custom work. It took a long time for us to save up for it because there was no way I was financing it. The final push to be able to buy it was the last $5,000 when my mom passed away. Since she was my biggest fan and very supportive of me when I started competing, my hubby insisted that I take the money and us it for this rather than banking it as I thought we should do. (Did I mention I have a great hubby?)
  • lisanxd
    Options
    A Specialized Dolce Triple road bike. I think the 2nd would be either BodyCamp sessions at the gym (two months of intense training) and a VitaMix.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My house.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I hate buying expensive things for myself...it just feels wrong to me when I could be saving the money or buy someone else something.

But last December I bought myself the most expensive pair of earrings I've ever gotten. They were like $150. 14k white gold honu posts from a Hawaiian jewelry store. I hate jewelry but I had to have these. :smile:

But that is aside from the electronics I buy. :laugh:
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My house and my car.
    And my trip to Iceland and Greenland last year.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Round the world plane ticket! I leave for New Zealand in November, then Australia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam :D

This is awesome!!! Have fun!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I bought my freedom from the IRS one year for $27,000. Most difficult time I've ever had writing a check.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    A house just before our marriage. And a white Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 with a Hemi for my birthday about 4 years ago.