The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It was my first car. A brand new, 1978 Honda Civic. I loved that car! It ran great till my ex killed it....sigh.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Aside from my truck would be a $250 Dooney and Bourke purse (and sadly that was the sale price) but I have carried it almost daily for the last 2.5 years at least.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    it is not the most expensive thing and not an "item", but because it is an ongoing expense and just for ME and something only I benefit from, I would say having a personal trainer. And if I keep using her, it could end up being the most expensive thing I've done for myself. LOL
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Honda Odyssey 12 years ago. I still have the van.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My van..paid cash as I do for everything!!:bigsmile:
  • Tallulahbelle2011
    Options
    My tattoos.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My Macbook Pro
    My Canon T2i
    The SUP board I recently ordered...

I'm hard to buy gifts for because if I really want it I usually buy it for myself. I have little self control in that way lol
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My Mini :) (the love of my life)

My Shoe collection

Holiday to Miami

My MacBook Pro

in that order i think...I consider my macbook and mini and shoes as necessities though !
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    well apart from the boring stuff like house, car etc. I bought a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes this year. They were £480 ($780) :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    A car, or, if you count the money cumulatively, rent. One of those is an absolute necessity, the other is more-or-less a necessity since I have lived places with limited public transportation. Other than those, probably one of the laptops I've purchased over the years, all of which have been used heavily in my academic/professional life.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It would have to be that blue thing in my ticker..Trans Am........ Totally inappropriate gas guzzling Fast Car. I bought it to drive back and forth to work, so my wife can keep the mini van at home for her and the kids. HEY this one has a back seat the next one probably will not!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my first laptop... dont remember how much it was, but i bought it with some of the money i got for my 18th from my parents :)
    then my dslr canon 1100D oh how i love it bought with graduation money from my grandma and my deposit i got back from my last house at uni, it is possibly my favourite possession... definitely the favourite iv bought myself...
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My iphone 4s, oh and my peruvian weave (they cost around the same thing)
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    besides gadgets like phones and computers...

i'd say my 115 dollar running shoes. Best purchase I have ever made.
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    My Canon Rebel Camera..... love it.. use it almost daily....
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    has to be my heart rate monitor but worth every penny
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My home and my masters degree. I will be paying for both for a loooooong time, but in the long run those are probably the two most valuable things I could have ever purchased for myself!
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    Laser hair removal :) Worth every penny!
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    $3,600 cash for my truck
    $500ish to cancel my Verizon contract and buy a new phone
    $400ish for my ps3 and some games
    $400ish for a vacation weekend with my best friend. Couple nights at a nice hotel with a hot tub in our room.
    $100 on my new fitbit
    $300 on this laptop that I want to throw out the window. ;D
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    My $1000 all-inclusive to Mexico.
    So worth it.