The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• mdorsey2010
    Options
    Non-neccessity item would be my LV purse & wallet and it was the best purchase ever...carry it every single day! Hubby doesn't know it yet but when I reach my goal, I'll be adding to my collection!:bigsmile:
  • LishaCole
    Options
    Besides my car. It would have to be my macbook and my mountain bike. Two of the best purchases I have ever made.
  • LishaCole
    Options
    Still haven't got around to it lol!! Oldest is 14 and my youngest is 5!! But, one of these days I will have my 69 Mustang Shelby Gt!!

Ohhhh snap I forgot about my workout dvd's... P90x, TurboFire, TurboJam, Slim in 6, Rockin' Body, etc etc.... Let's just say all of Beachbody except for Body Gospel and Les Mills pump ha ha ha!! :laugh:

Pretty sure that car is the only inanimate object I have ever had a sexual fantasy about :laugh: .
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Biggest splurge, My dog. A friend of the family breeds dogs and he had a litter (he only breeds his girl once every 2 years) and I saw photos fell in love. I saw the pictures at 7pm on a tuesday and I had my gril at 4pm on wednesday no thought or anything went into that purchase.. I don't regret doing it.

I don't count my house or my truck because I consider those necessities and I put a lot of thought into what the purchase was.
  • wxchaser
    Options
    My college education... Past, present AND future.

Past: BA in graphic design
    Present: AS in meteorology
    Future: BS in meteorology & MS in meteorology, possibly PhD in meteorology

Total cost: close to $200K
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a Louis Vuitton purse a couple years ago. I saved up birthday/Christmas money and my loose change for a looooong time, and then when I got the job I have now (which is with like my dream company/career) I got it for myself as kind of a congratulations gift. I have a couple other smaller LVs that I got as gifts, but never had the guts or the funds to buy one for myself. I will definitely carry it until it falls apart because it was embarrassingly expensive, but I love it so much!

This is what it looks like (well, what it looked like when I got it...the handles/trim is a lot darker now):

tivoli.jpg

they still make this style?

I've also bought myself a car, but that doesn't really count I guess since it was more out of necessity than for fun :smile:

I Have this bag too and I LOOOVVEE it! Great taste :wink:
  • claire_90
    Options
    I am 22, I work and live free of charge with my parents... so pretty much ALL my income is disposable and spent on silly things but the top would be

- $16,000 for my car
    - $3,000 roughly each for a few overseas trips
    - $500 for a dress
    - $900 for a television
    - $1200 a year on gym/gym classes

and then just your usual clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, make up girly stuff haha
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    first, my laptop.
    second, a Coach purse and matching wallet $350
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My college education... Past, present AND future.

Past: BA in graphic design
    Present: AS in meteorology
    Future: BS in meteorology & MS in meteorology, possibly PhD in meteorology

Total cost: close to $200K

Same here - I'm going to be paying for all of my education for a long long time, but it's a great investment :)
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    A cruise. It really wasnt that expensive though.

I am actually saving up money now to go to Australia. I have many friends there and would love to go see them.
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options
    Drum kit, snare drums, bass drum pedals, modifications, stands and cymbals. Total list price: £3900. Total price actually paid: £2300 over the last decade. Best investment I ever made.

S.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    A vacation that I'm going on in two weeks! :) That's not really a tangible item though... I guess my Coach sunglasses probably.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My Pandora bracelets with charms - completely full. The bracelet cost more than my wedding ring.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Probably a Nikon 28mm f1.4 camera lens in the neighborhood of $3000
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    College tuition haha well paying back student loans anyway. Or rent. I am boring.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not counting my house or daily driver, the most expensive thing I've purchased was my 81 Jeep CJ7. Between the original purchase price and all the work that's been done to it, I've got around $25k in it.

IMG_1981.jpg
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Aside from my car, I bought a Peter Lik art piece which I've been wanting for several years now.. Wish I could've bought it then as the price has gone up since I first saw it. Was about $5500 and looks amazing!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm still paying for my car! Lol.

& My laptop.
  • Round the world plane ticket! I leave for New Zealand in November, then Australia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam :D

This is my dream splurge. Go you!
  • KrayKira
    Options
    as soon as I buy my car next weekend it will be that..
    but atm its my fridge :noway: