What is the best concert you have been to?

Options

Replies

• shay0425
    Options
    I'm going to show my age here but it was Elton John back in 1974!! I was only 18 and it was my very first concert. Second would have to be a toss up between Reba and Garth.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I've been to a ton of concerts but the most amazing one I went to was Pink Floyds The Wall 25th anniversery tour in 09. They built the wall, and had 25 ft puppets. Its was just wow
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    :noway: This is so embarrassing, but I claim innocent on this one. I've only been to 1 concert and it was Billy Ray Cyrus when I was in 5th grade. :embarassed:
  • jeannette120
    jeannette120 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Metallica with Guns N Roses 1992 (I think) at the Rose Bowl. It was so awesome!

The second would be Motley Crue with Queensryche in 1987 (not sure exact year)
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    Tough one here.

Either David Bowie with the GoGo's and Madness, or Aerosmith with Guns and Roses.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd - hands down best concert ever.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Top Three:
    1. The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over Tour, Memorial Stadium, Clemson, South Carolina - They played for almost 3 hours. Good music, good friends (almost 70,000 of them! :wink:)
    2. Wolfmother, House of Blues, Orlando - Awesome music. It was after the self-titled album came out. I've never seen such a small venue rock that hard. And I've never seen a band be able to whip a crowd into a frenzy like they did without relying on the cheap "How you doin' ORLANDO!!!!" type bs.
    3. I've seen Metallica a few times. All have been good shows (except for the hail storm at Rockingham when we saw them).
    (Honorable Mention - Spin Doctors/Gin Blossoms/Cracker, 1994, SPAC - my first concert. Was a great one)

Worst - (outside of various kids show concerts) - Coldplay. Wife wanted to go. Paid too much (i.e. face value) for tickets. It just wasn't that good of a show. Can't point to any one thing.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Styx - return to paradise I was too young the first time around. But My hubby went all three nights for the original tour.
  • steeldragoon
    Options
    Night Ranger...anytime they're in the area!
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    I would have to say KISS. I've seen them 4 times... With make up, No make up. With all original members and then with Eric Singer and my favorite Eric Carr!!!! Great every single time..

Second best would be Tesla.. They are incredible in concert.

I'm with ya! I've loved every lineup they've had!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :noway: This is so embarrassing, but I claim innocent on this one. I've only been to 1 concert and it was Billy Ray Cyrus when I was in 5th grade. :embarassed:

I wouldn't be claiming anything on that one.......I'd be denying it all the way! ROTFLMAO!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    guns and roses last summer in dallas

and the black keys at ACL in Austin
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot another amazing one ...... Halloweenie roast 01 or 02 Disturbed, Korn, headlined it. Of course that was before they shut down our rock station in south fl *sigh*
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've been to so many it's really hard to pin down the 'best'.

I'd say at this point in my life I'd have to say it's a toss up between Tool and NIN both in 2007.

you know what...no.

Pantera as the headliner to the 2000 Ozzfest. That entire show was insane, but Pantera showed up late, Phil drank an entire bottle of Jack DURING THE SET, and they absolutely destroyed!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I am dating myself lol

tavares in Derby England in 1977 lol

disco !! omg too funny
  • gofaulk28
    gofaulk28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Roger Waters-The Wall..last year.
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    Best concert was when I saw Pantera they were with Nothing Face, Morbid Angel, and Soulfly.

Best one performance from a band I've seen was Godsmack, followed closely by Santana (pre-colaboration ****), Anthrax, and Lamb of God. I know, quite a mix.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options

I wouldn't be claiming anything on that one.......I'd be denying it all the way! ROTFLMAO!

Tell me about it!! Apparently I need to hit up some other concerts to cancel the hell out of this one!! lol
  • coolonedee
    coolonedee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I have been to sooooo many over the years and have enjoyed them all. Concerts are a hobby for us. Hummm? Best one in the past few years will have to be the Foo Fighters, luv them, but we did just go to Tedeshi Trucks Band last month and they totally shred! Wonderful music!!
  • lyndakentie
    lyndakentie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bob Seeger and the silver bullet band way back in the 80's. My favorite all time band. One of the guys did a saxophone solo standing high up on one of the balconies and saxophone is my favorite instrument. It has such an amazing sound, very sexy.