What is the best concert you have been to?

Options

Replies

• genefabes
    Options
    two best were incubus @ kent state university and glass jaw @ the agora theatre in Cleveland.
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    :smile: Can't say just one so here we go............
    Status Quo
    Elton John 3 times Wembley Stadium, Ceasars Palace and STFC
    Queen with Paul Rogers at Cox Stadium San Diego
    Bryan Adams
    :smile:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, Jefferson Airplane outdoor arena was kickass
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Either 1998 or 1999 don't remember exactly, Puddle of Mudd, System of a Down, KoRn, Kid Rock and Metallica. Metallica played for a solid 4 hours, and I didn't like Kid Rock before the show, but I did afterwards because he impressed the heck out of me when he went around the stage and played every instrument up there. He's not a "redneck rapper" like I thought, he's a talented musician.

Also very high on the list is Alter Bridge, Shinedown, 3 Doors Down from 2005. Saw them twice two days apart in Raleigh and then Charlotte, was the 10th Anniversary (and last, until they brought it back this year) of the Weenie Roast in Charlotte. The Charlotte show was also on Sept 11, and while 3 Doors Down always honors the military, that show was even more special. If the videos of servicemen and women reuniting with their families didn't make you cry your heartless.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a venue that handled lots of concerts. I can't even remember all of them now. I really liked Sarah Slean though. Emerson Drive was really good too, and I've seen a few other big ones there, but the concerts with the more famous people are very stressful for the workers, so we can't enjoy them as much as the smaller concerts.
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Journey, Styx and REO Speedwagon all in one concert it was Awesome!!!!
  • kb8wau
    Options
    Pink Floyd at Three rivers stadium in Pittsburgh. 1989 I think, it was the momentary lapse of reason tour. Fantastic and I was totally sober lol.
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Oh my goodness Reo Speedwagon brings back some memories of my school days:wink:
  • njohnson1966
    njohnson1966 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Rodger Waters - The Wall. Oh, to have seen a Pink Floyd concert... :(
  • suzysioux
    suzysioux Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Went to my first Springsteen concert in Slane Ireland in 1985 but was topped by seeing him at Giants Stadium at the wrecking ball tour in 2009. Mind you Rolling Stones at Slane was a cracker as well.
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    Ozzfest 98... It was the first and last concert I ever went to with my brother before he died. We had so much fun there! Great bands, good friends, and a LOT of partying!! :)
  • Yarasil
    Yarasil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. Creed - awesome live performance.

2. Coldplay - Viva La Vida tour.

3. Il Divo - in Milan, Italy. It was awesome as I surprised my Mum. She did not know until we walked into the theater.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Orlando August 1978 SuperBowl of Rock I think they called it

Little River Band, Jimmy Buffett, the Stever Miller Band

and weed
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up between Disturbed, Sevendust and Korn at House of Blues in AC in 2011, Foo Fighters at the Borgata in AC in 2007 or Staind at the Electric Factory in Philly in 2006...or the MMR B Q in Camden NJ when ZZ Top headlined lol. Jeez I've been to some GOOD concerts
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Kid Rock before the show, but I did afterwards because he impressed the heck out of me when he went around the stage and played every instrument up there. He's not a "redneck rapper" like I thought, he's a talented musician.

Ditto. I didn't care for him until I saw him live, but he rocks.
  • teneh
    teneh Posts: 39
    Options
    my number one was the TOOL concert i went to go see!

:0 lucky!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Neil Young in Seattle, 2007
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Zac Brown Band in Camp Buehring Kuwait
  • kdsteelez
    kdsteelez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. Nickelback
    2. Def Leppard
    3. ZZ Top
  • charz_46
    charz_46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love Flogging Molly and PJ Harvey! I'm so jealous!

I've see Tori Amos 7 times, she's always great.
    KMFDM always puts on a kick *kitten* show
    We just saw the Nekromantix about a month ago and that show KICKED *kitten*!!!!
    The Horrorpops were amazing (I totally have a girl crush on Patricia)

Great to see such a diverse range of music tastes on here

I get to see Nekromantix in November for the first time so good to know it will be well worth it! Love psychobilly bands.

Best concert would have to be the Australian festival Soundwave in 2011. Pennywise, Millencolin, Mad Caddies, H2O and Social Distortion all in the same day!