What is the best concert you have been to?

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Although these are out of my normal realm of musical tastes, the two best live shows I've ever seen were George Thorogood and the Destroyers and Los Lobos.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Oh man..I can't limit it to one...

So...

Sevendust - every concert is always excellent
    Marilyn Manson
    Dream Theater, Queensryche
    Rusted Root
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Sublime with Rome!!!

Honorable mention to SOAD and the Rolling Stones.
  • AnitaRose72
    AnitaRose72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kid Rock a few years ago. Once in Louisville, KY and once in Cleveland, OH. Mainly because a good friend worked for Kid Rock and let's just say we didn't leave till well after 2am from the bus lot. :-) Saw Kid Rock again in January 2011 and it was really hard to leave after the concert like everyone else...
    I saw Kid Rock at the Endymion Parade in New Orleans at Mardi Gras. Pretty cool!!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Oh it's a toss up between Motley Crue's Girls, Girls, Girls Tour in 87 and Def Leppard's Hysteria Tour in 88.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A three way tie:

2010- Rob Zombie at Mayhem Festival in Cincinnati

I saw that Mayhem festival when it came to south florida that year.I love mayhem lol Im sad they didnt come down here this year

Saw Mayhem in Chicago (tinley park) that year.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Austin, Tx., Erwin Center, April 15, 1988, because my oldest son was conceived literally next door to Bruce at the Four Seasons Hotel. By me... not Bruce. But how cool would that have been. ;-)
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    either rod stewart or the decemberists. they both were great. also, brand new/glassjaw/thrice was awesome.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    The best concert is my next concert.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Moody Blues - 1979
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Easy Star All-Stars at The Social in Orlando 2-ish years ago.

311 at Hard Rock Live (about 5 years ago) in Orlando (made me change my mind about them. In-freakin'-credible!)

Lauryn Hill at House of Blues Orlando last year.

Damn, these choices kinda make me seem like a hippie/stoner.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    At the height of their fame, Creed was amazing in concert!
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    By far New Kids on the Block ..lol 2yrs ago i went and cried lol The other one had a lot to do with the company . I took my Grandparents to see the Beach Boys , it was their first one and i had a blast because they did
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    A three way tie:

2010- Rob Zombie at Mayhem Festival in Cincinnati

I saw that Mayhem festival when it came to south florida that year.I love mayhem lol Im sad they didnt come down here this year

Saw Mayhem in Chicago (tinley park) that year.

also saw mayhem that year in MA, but we got to see avenged sevenfold for one of only two performances at mayhem...if you're into that sorta thing.
    me, i was more interested in the side stages with shadows fall, norma jean, hatebreed.
    of course lamb of god on the main stage was sick.
  • Nownourish
    Nownourish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Leonard Cohen :smile: :happy:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    The first Lollapoloza, Monsters of Rock, or Clash of the Titans. Kind of a tossup.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    best was probably poison a few years ago. won tickets on radio to the china club in nyc. me, the band and about 150 other people. that's it. it was awesome.

close others: prince (sinbad opened for him. thought it was gonna suck, totally funny tho), van halen, bon jovi, and a few dave matthews shows.

on a side note, i also saw the warner brothers orchestra play in high school. it was amazing. huge screen showed bugs bunny cartoons, while a live orchestra played the music for it. very cool.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Garth Brooks. He puts on the most entertaining and energetic show I have ever seen. And I have probably seen over 100 acts from country to heavy metal and none can touch his enthusiasm.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    railroad revival tour with mumford & sons, edward sharpe & the magnetic zeroes, and old crow medicine show.
    it was outdoors in a big grassy field next to the bay.
    it was so much fun to dance to and the sunset was amazing
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    all 3 Depeche Mode shows I have been to...I love Dave Gahan!