What is the best concert you have been to?

Options

Replies

• runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    SKILLET! hands down. I have seen them 7 times and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Love love love them
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Pearl Jam at Reading Festival in 2006. It was just awesome and I have the whole show on DVD too!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    The last night of Prince's 21 day residency at the 02 in London.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Rafael (a spanish singer) and Juanes. Linkin park was the worst.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    My first ever concert was Live Aid at Wembley in 1985

It kind of set a precedent that Ive struggled to beat ever since.
  • djsawruh
    Options
    The concert that I had the most fun at was definitely when I went to Atlanta, GA to see Coheed and Cambria a few years ago.
    The Cure in 2008 was also a really great concert.
  • jfrannieh
    Options
    A perfect evening at Red Rocks Amphitheater ~ gorgeous sunset and warm breeze ~ listening to Jackson Browne.
  • sapph1rre
    sapph1rre Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hands down......Paul McCartney!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Alice Cooper "Poison" Tour, I think it was 1990. The man knows how to put on a show!

I was shocked at how cool the Alice Cooper show was. I liked his music at the time but I didn't know he puts on such a theatrical show. It was amazing. My favorite of course, was only women bleed, with the whole west side story thing going on. awesome
  • haylz247
    Options
    blessthefall :)

edit: this was 2 years ago about this time i think! haven't been to a gig since then :(

ohh and the devil wears prada and alesana were amazing! this was about 4 or 5 years ago.
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood a couple of years ago at the Wachovia Center or Wells Fargo Center. I can't remember what it was called then....anyway, it was in Philly. My all time favorite musician and I got to see him with VIP tickets. It was awesome.
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Judas Priest in 1983. The Screaming for Vengeance Tour - simply an awesome Heavy Metal concert!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Marc Broussard, Brooklyn Bowl. September '11.

Before that? Marc Broussard, NYC in 2005. I forget the venue, but I have a CD of it somewhere in this house.

Yes, I have seen all the big bands or artists that should be the ones everyone think of as "best". They never earned it. Marc? OH. MY. GOD. He has earned it all and then some every single time. I've seen him 6 times now, and will eagerly see him again if he's within 200 miles.

And I have to give a special mention to Marc Broussard at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park. I literally drove 7 hours to get there, had no idea it was a cash-only venue, and talked my way in with the cash I had on hand as I had missed the warm-up act. The ONLY concert of his for which I do not have the live CD, as I had no more cash.
  • Chelle265
    Chelle265 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Leonard Cohen :smile: :happy:
    <3<3<3 !!! Travelling from GA to TX to see him on Halloween.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Bayou Country Superfest!

2 days!
    Memorial Day weekend!
    10 of Countrys most famous singers!
    Lsu Tiger Stadium!
    Baton Rouge!

oh! by the way! they have it every year now,with different people!
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Bayou Country Superfest!

2 days!
    Memorial Day weekend!
    10 of Countrys most famous singers!
    Lsu Tiger Stadium!
    Baton Rouge!

oh! by the way! they have it every year now,with different people!

Sounds miserable. But I hate country music.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    SKILLET! hands down. I have seen them 7 times and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Love love love them
    I've seen most every rock band you can think of from the 80's, 90's, and 2000. I saw TobyMac and Skillet last year and it was the best one ever. Great music, lights, pyrotechnics, they brought it all.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    U2 at Murrayfield in the mid 80's or maybe Bon Jovi at Ibrox, can't decide. Have to say Elton John was the one that sounded most like his recordings, that was SECC a few years ago. Oh, and taking Mum to see James Last and his Orchestra wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected!!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Rock the bells.

Gorgeous woman everywhere. Unbeatable line up. Whole day event. What more could you ask?

Honorable mention to Childish Gambino. Great performance. One of my favorite artist to date.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Iron Maiden and Dream Theater