October Cycling Challenge

Options

Replies

• LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Hoping to get over 500 this month. Thanks for starting up the thread.
  • CasseyRey
    CasseyRey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am aiming for 200 miles for the month! :smile:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I am in for October. Setting my goal for 200 miles. Since last months crash I will be starting slow. Getting better, started riding again today and I think by end of week I will be back to a normal ride 20 miles or so.

Are you feeling better?
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got in around 10 miles today, lugging 100 lbs in the kid trailer. The trailer got a flat and I had to have my husband come and pick up the kiddos. Wow, nothing says freedom quite like loosing the bike trailer and riding the last 3 miles ALONE!

exercise.png
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I try to ride my road bike at least once a week :bigsmile:
  • mvatrail
    Options
    I m game - sign me up , I m addicted to cycling.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Daily goal 12
    Daily avg. 14.1
    Monthly goal 300
    Total so far 28.2

10/1 - 13.0
    10/2 - 15.2

I am off to a great start!
  • echo2
    echo2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Late starter-- guess I'll try taking the bus a little less, taking my bike at least twice a week. My goal will be 100 miles.
  • seany69
    seany69 Posts: 17
    Options
    Been looking for something like this, I took up cycling in the summer and need something to keep my mind focused, originally lost a stone but entusiasm dwindled after the olymoics and have put 1/2 stone back on. So I have just sent in an entry for the London 100 ride next year as a target so this should help keep focused.

s-exercise.png
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Did 300+ last month and while I'd like to go further, I don't think I'll make it. Shoot for 250 and be happy with that. I love riding this time of year and most of the summer people are gone and the winter skiers haven't arrived yet so it's just us locals which makes the roads a little safer and the trails even emptier.
  • irishis98
    Options
    Another 30 minutes on the stationary bike thank goodness for the Real Housewives of anywhere they get me through the ride.
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Woo! Hoo!

I am in!!!

I love biking outside now that it is not so blasted hot!!

I think I will keep a daily as well as a running total

10/1/2012 7.56 miles (48 minutes/really windy day!)
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ooh this seems fun!

Monthly goal: 500 miles (since it is the last month of decent weather here in NYC)

Miles so far: 11.2

10/1: 11.2
  • gregsonevans
    gregsonevans Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Repaired my bike today and took it for a small test run this evening, hopefully I will be able to start knocking the miles out again now
    Count:
    1 Activities
    Distance:
    7.31 mi
    Time:
    44:21 h:m:s
    Elevation Gain:
    455 ft
    Avg Speed:
    9.9 mph
    Avg HR:
    106 bpm
    Avg Run Cadence:
    --
    Avg Bike Cadence:
    --
    Calories:
    641 C
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

10/01/2012 - 10.9 mi, 14.7 avg, cadence 75 avg, 368 cal burned
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I live in New England ... NH to be specific. Its that time of year where the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder, so my "outdoor" rides are getting less and less now or are left only to the weekends. Soon all of my cycling will be done via morning spin class. I'll be working some extra time to get 200 miles in this month ...

*BTW - Mt. Washington received approx an inch of snow this morning :-)

NOOOO! You said the S word! I'm in upstate NY and the cool short days are closing in fast. I'm still getting out on weekends when I can and trying to transition to indoor but it's such a bummer. I'll be lucky to get 150 in this month outdoors.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I got in around 10 miles today, lugging 100 lbs in the kid trailer. The trailer got a flat and I had to have my husband come and pick up the kiddos. Wow, nothing says freedom quite like loosing the bike trailer and riding the last 3 miles ALONE!

Kudos to you, I tow my 50 lb preschooler and call it hill training! I bet those last 3 miles felt speedy!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in... I'm really gonna be in this time! LOL
  • alleviator
    Options
    Count me in please! I use a recumbent bike because it's easier on my knees. I average 25 miles a day at a speed of approximately 18mph and ride 5-6 days each week. I also do short sprints up to 25mph for about 10 minutes a day when I'm feeling up to it.
  • JenSpinnaChick
    JenSpinnaChick Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo this is great!!! I'm a Spinning instructor, I teach 6 classes a week and I try to get on my road bike as much as I can between classes!