12346»

Replies

• rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,488 Member
    Options
    I know many people may get very annoyed because I am posting this,
    but I just wanted to make the suggestion to look up "Trichinae" or
    "trichinella spiralis"
    I used to love bacon, ham and cheese sandwiches, pepperoni...
    this changed my mind pretty quickly. I am not telling anyone
    to stop eating it, you have your own choice to make and it
    is your own business. But, I am
    glad I found out about it and just passing the into on in case
    anyone else wants to know. I have not eaten pork products
    in over seven years. I just can't.

Well, because I was curious I looked it up. Won't help me with my addiction to bacon, though, I'm afraid...
    What's your problem with it? It's a parasite, which basically we have loads of everywhere around us.
    These can cause a bit of fever, nausea and vomiting, are gone at the latest a year after infection and don't have other consequences - it may only get iffy for the old and infirm.

Moreover that is one microorganism all meat meant for human consumption is tested for, no exceptions allowed. Since I try not to use meat NOT meant for human consumption, I don't really see what the fuss is supposed to be about.
    Oh, and the results of the tests:

Between the years of 2000 and 2009 approximately 453 million pigs in Germany were tested for it and they found the parasite in four, in numbers: 4.

("Bei den zwischen 2000 und 2009 in Deutschland durchgeführten Trichinenuntersuchungen an etwa 453 Millionen Hausschweinen wurden lediglich bei 4 Exemplaren Trichinen gefunden")

???

@ OP: Tell him not liking Bacon is a federal offence and besides, very unmanly! ; )

Hmmnnnnn ... diseases from pork/bacon or e-coli from the vegetable patch? I'll take the bacon!