Band nerds?

Options

Replies

• sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I was in band until high school, played french horn. Then my high school decided that they would put band during lunch time... well... you know fat girl's gotta eat! Goodbye band!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Clarinet in middle school then switched to a flute. Then played piccolo throughout high school and marching band.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Played snare in the drumline for 2 years.
  • msprouse8
    msprouse8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cymbals, snare and drum major. :o) Loved Band. Oh...and Band camp was FUN!
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Clarinet for 6 years, I can also play a sax and oboe but it has been a while. No band camp. I donated my instrument to a school in need a few years ago when I realized I was just noodling around on it playing children's music and television theme songs. I am now trying to teach myself piano on an 88 key weighted keyboard but think I should suck it up and get professional lessons.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Does Orchestra count? Violin.
  • Nomi923
    Nomi923 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I played the Saxophone :D But I was also in a lot of sports sooo...
  • Captain_RG
    Captain_RG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Trumpet is my primary. Played it for the past 15 years. Also taught myself Euphonium, Tenor Sax, and Clarinet. Working on some piano, but my fingers don't like it much...
    HUGE Madison Scouts fan. lol
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud mom of a band nerd :happy: She is head of the drumline and marching band is almost over so I'm getting said already!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Four years college marching band...Tau Beta Sigma sister
    Flute in concert season, Colorguard in marching season
    Georgia Tech produces the hottest band nerds around!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Played trumped in 5th and 6th grade, switched to Euphonium in 7th grade. Played all through high school. Play all through college (1st chair). Gave lessons for a few years after graduation. I never practiced and still sat first chair. Pissed off all the music majors. Good times.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I was in the band for a long time. I never did band camp though. My instruments of choice you ask? The trumpet and clarinet.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Drums in school from the age of 9 - starting with just the snare. Then I took up bass, guitar and singing. Music major in college. Spent my life playing music at pro-level in some capacity or another.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Y'all can't touch this. I played clarinet in marching band for 3 years, but my senior year I switched to sousaphone just for marching band because we needed more low brass.

Out nerd this:

225px-Santaclaus2007_Sousaphone_dsc112.jpg

((that's not me, I was smart enough to avoid cameras when I was with the sousaphone))
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well...I was a band nerd, then I went to music school, and now I'm a professional band nerd (I'm a music teacher!)

Me too! Well...at least I will be soon. I'm in my last year of my education degree, then I can be a professional band nerd lol. I'm a percussionist, and I play harp too though that is outside of band obviously. I also recently fell in love with the french horn! I reeeaaally want my own now haha

ETA: I definitely went to band camp. Multiple times.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Name is Michelle and I played flute.....let the jokes begin. :laugh:

same here, except my name is alison.
    the jokes never end.
  • BamaGirl777
    Options
    Guilty!! I played the trumpet and french horn during concert season and I was a Majorette during marching season:smile:
  • scoutmom22
    Options
    tenor sax, people! and now i get the guitar out, but it's less frequently for sure. :)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I play (still do) trombone, marched baritone in The Cadets and have a music education degree, though I don't teach anymore. Band nerd...
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I was drum major for two years in high school band. I played clarinet in college band. I was a music major before switching to nursing.
    I'm including music in my kids' homeschool. In our house, we have a clarinet, tenor sax, alto sax, flute, trumpet, piano, electric keyboard, and guitar.