Band nerds?

Options

Replies

• lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Clarinet, 2nd chair! **** yeah I went to band camp, what of it?

Anyone else's bandmates take the "mate" part a bit too seriously?!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    yep front ensemble in marching and percussion section in concert season!
    Now my son is following & plays trumpet
  • Brittney_Dee
    Options
    In elementary school I played the trumpet but when I went to high school I played the baritone in marching band for two years. The second half of high school I switched again and played the sousaphone in marching band. I also played the barry sax in jazz band. I was one of the shortest girl in our band and played the biggest instrument. I didn't gain most of my weight till after high school so I was probably around 150 or so then and in like a 8 in jeans.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Trumpet
    Baritone
    Trombone
    Tuba

Drum set for the school musical for 2 years...

Ya, I rocked it.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Flag corps represent!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Not one myself since my schools were too small to have bands, but my wife and my four daughters are all bandos and I have been a band dad roadie for 10 years with two more to go. At one time you could hear all four practicing in the house: Bass clarinet, Trombone, Trumpet, and Baritone. You Tube Rancho Bernardo Royal Regiment for some good videos of past field shows.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Base Trombone in concert and jazz bands, regular trombone in marching.

I was band student of the year my senior year.

Rock on boners.
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Colorguard for 8 years!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Band, you bet , started on clarinet, switched to french horn in 8th grade, studied music for three semesters then switched to acccounting (the left brain took over)... fast forward 23 years to 2003, started playing again, and I am a founding member of Energy City New Horizons Music - New Horizons Music brings all of us band nerds back together! Band is a lot more fun as an adult.

check out newhorizonsmusic.org....
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Band nerd here lol. Trumpet from 4-12 grade. No band camp tho lol ;) I know have a 11 yr old boy who plays trumpet and electic guitar. What can I say we all love music :-) Still enjoying picking it up once in awhile!
  • white_horse
    white_horse Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Four years college marching band...Tau Beta Sigma sister
    Flute in concert season, Colorguard in marching season
    Georgia Tech produces the hottest band nerds around!

*Waves hi to a fellow ACC guard member*

Color guard in high school. Flute in concert band, also sang in the chorus. When I went to college (University of Maryland) I dropped flute and just did guard with the marching band. Still have the flute in the closet and occasionally bring it out. Wish I had joined TBS but my first few years there was a rift between the guard and TBS and no guard member was pledging TBS. By my senior year that had changed and we did have people joining TBS but I was a senior by that point and already looking more towards making sure I graduated. Apparently the rift had been due to some people which were there my first few years.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Colorguard. I was the Captain of the flag team. Awww yeah.
  • impyimpyaj
    Options
    Colorguard. I was the Captain of the flag team. Awww yeah.

So was I!
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Band Nerd and Twirler/Drum Major Chick.... All State player back in HS and went to college for Music Ed. ;) I loved it.

and still do. I play everything but Sax and Percussion.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Trombone...and I sucked at it. Couldn't read music at all but I LOVED being in band! :happy:
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was in as many different bands during high school as i could fit into my schedule. I have played all the clarinets, most of the saxophones and during my senior year i was in the "pit" during marching band.. god I miss those days!! *sigh*
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    I played the flute and piccolo. And tenor sax in jazz band ;) whoot! :)
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Trombone in middle school, tuba/sousaphone in high school. Both marching and concert. We were small but good and won a lot of competitions and brought home a lot of trophies. It was my "sport" in high school.
  • impyimpyaj
    Options
    In our high school, marching band members were automatically part of concert band, so they got class credit. Color guard didn't get credit, even though we held our practice during 8th period like the band did. So my senior year the band director said we could hold instruments through one concert to get credit. I decided to actually learn to play my bass clarinet, and I even had a small solo. It rocked. :)
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Flute/piccolo mainly. Played other woodwinds, brass and some piano in my spare time. I did band, Jazz band, volunteered in a community college band. I was voted best musician in Jr high and high school - lol. I was also band 'president' and 'band librarian' (filed/copied/responsible for all sheet music). Won some awesome awards. Sounds funny now but I loved it. Spent all my time in the music department :) I just recently got my high school flute back. I've missed it!