Jump Rope stories or before/after

Options
124»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I made it to 300 jumps last time I used mine. Really gets your heart rate up!
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I jump rope 30 counts every 3 sets or do 30 jumping jacks whenever I lift weights. It keeps my HR between 157-167 so I burn some calories during my lifts and keeps me energized. I'm regular about cardio intervals while I lift. I really like it, and I do think it helps to jump rope.

I also mix it up with jump squats and burpees when I'm feeling extra ambitious~
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Where can I buy a good jump rope?
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    Where can I buy a good jump rope?

I got mine at target.
  • Naniquinn
    Options
    In how long?
  • Mimi_klaus
    Options
    I jump rope everyday. At first I kept tripping over the rope but now it is easier. With a diet change and the rope I have achieved a six pack for the first time in my life ever! :D
    i jump every day too for 10 min.. How much did u lose weight by jumping rope?
  • jeepgurl88
    jeepgurl88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just bought a jumprope and have been doing intervals at 10 rounds of 45 seconds on, 15 second rest. Any suggestions are appreciated. So far I'm feeling it all over but mostly in my calves and obliques. Is my interval appropriate for weight loss or should I try to increase it to a minutes with a longer rest?
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I love jumping rope It is the best cardio esp mixed in w burpees
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just bought a skipping rope and then saw this thread, lasted 1 minute on my first session and then collapsed on the couch, keen to improve every day.
  • deviousme7
    Options
    Damn, my pants keep falling down to my ankles while skipping, even the smaller pants I bought at the weekend
  • fungang3
    fungang3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    deviousme7 wrote: »
    Just bought a skipping rope and then saw this thread, lasted 1 minute on my first session and then collapsed on the couch, keen to improve every day.

OMG...you have a westie! Your little one don't cut it as your personal trainer?
  • fungang3
    fungang3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started skipping starting last week in 100 skips/set and currently at 2500 skips in 45mins. Bring an iced coffee to the playground and just start whipping around.

My coordination was way off on the first day and whipped myself in the face/head a few days in the process but I eventually got the hang of it.

I was on the keto diet for 2 weeks before realizing how much I missed fruit. After cutting out the big starches (potato, rice, bread), I'm no longer bloated, inflammed but the carb cut also cut calorie count to averaging 500-800 calories/day. Now I'm incorporating low carb fruit back into my diet to increase my calorie count to the 1000-1100 range.

In addition to the skipping, I stretch, do squat kicks, plank, yoga, do pushups and now adding in stomach crunches. I also take the stairs now.

Every weekend is an outdoor family affair with the dog. 3-6hrs of national, provincial, state parks to hike every trail we can find.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love jumping rope. It's great cardio and less impact because being on the balls of your feet adds an extra shock absorber effect. I never learned the fancy stuff though, probably cause I learned in a boxing gym.

One thing I found is that as I age I have to allow for longer downtime between jump rope workouts. The micro-tears need time to heal, and if you don't take time off you'll wind up tearing your gastroc. And that aint no fun at all.
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I use a skipping rope for the last 2weeks. The first 3 or 4 days I was just a disgrace. Now, I do 2700 jumps in 20 Minutes. Keep at it !

Loving it because I can do it anywhere and it's like my treadmill in my pocket. I skip on a yoga mat to reduce stress on my feet as well when at home. I use this app to count jumps and calories and found it perfect. Maybe it'll motivate some :)

JUMP ROPE WORKOUT by UNDERLOGIC
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/jump-rope-workout/id384406895?mt=8
  • stuart3727
    stuart3727 Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    57 year old guy here. I started jumping rope about 2 months ago as an addition to my 30 minute elliptical workout. I love it! When I first started I was good for about 5-10 minutes and my ankles and feet were sore. Well, two months later I feel I can go on for ever and with YouTube vids, I’m now doing all sorts of routines- crossovers, double unders etc. It’s really fun, especially with music. Stick with it, take it slowly and build your rope fitness. I feel like I’ve gained a lot in agility and taken my aerobics to a higher level.
  • deviousme7
    Options
    fungang3 wrote: »
    deviousme7 wrote: »

OMG...you have a westie! Your little one don't cut it as your personal trainer?

Yep I have a westie, good to see your westie photo, if I do any exercise lying on the floor, my westie jumps on my chest and licks my nose