OVER 200 CLUB NEW YEAR NEW BODY (OPEN GROUP) Part 2

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Hey all......No gain, hanging in there........more later :P
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Here is the new thread girls:
    By the way has anyone tried the SixWeekBodyMakeover and if so did it work for you.I saw a commercisl about it but I am sort of skeptical.Any input would be great!!!

I did the challenge a few years ago, it was pretty low calorie, but I did lose a lot of weight on it. You can ask me for any specifics if you like :)

I would love to be part of your group, you all seem really supportive.

daisy.
    Do you remember what types of foods you had to eat?What types of exercise you did? I was wondering if it really did work.How much weight did you lose on it if you don't mind me asking? And sure you are welcome to join our group.Weigh ins are Fridays and are challenges are picked by the biggest loser for that week.We post everyday calories,water,exercise and something we are proud of for that day.Welcome and thanks for the info.
  • awestfall
    momma2four: proud???? Let me remind you of all you have to be proud of. 40 POUNDS LOST!!! YOU ARE BEING ACCOUNTABLE, YOU ARE PUTTING THE MILES ON YOUR EXERCISE, YOU ARE NOT ALONE just to name a few. I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt. All of us in this group could beat ourselves up over that one. Your kids love you no matter your size, and your size doesn't matter to them. Put away the guilt, you have not hindered your children's growth, happiness or well being. You have earned Mother of the Year in my book. You are doing great!

awestfall: PLEASE CLEAN MY HOUSE!

coloradogirl: I had a skinny comment today also. It feels good! You will get more and more comments. It does help reinforce all your hard work.

bluenote: What a great moment. Thanks for sharing.

mstahl: Did you have any luck on the hunt? I'm afraid we would go hungry if I had to clean a deer. My son brought home a little buck this fall. Venison is the only meat he will eat. Pickiest eater I have ever know and he lives with me, go figure.

Welcome to all the new gals, it will be nice to get to know each of you.

Still feeling like I have a 5 pound brick of cheese in my head but I am planning on getting in two miles of Leslie Sansone tomorrow. The more days I take off the harder it is to stay motivated.

Calories: over 120
    Water: close
    Exercise: no
    Proud: Today I was at a funeral held at our church and a friend I hadn't seen for a couple of months said "you're getting all skinny."
    Me and skinny have never been in the same sentence. I remember being like 128 and I was the big girl.
    Snowflake-I am a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning my house.My husband said I should clean homes for a living but then he took it back because he said I would take to long to do it because everything has to be perfectly clean.LOL I would come clean your house if I lived closer to you.
    Mstahl-Girl I am so proud of you for fighting that cold and hopping on your elliptical.
    Momma2four-I know exactly how that would make me feel but just remember you are doing something about it now and thats Awesome.
    Bluenotes-Good JOB!!
    Lildebbie-sorry to hear about your dog.I hope you start feeling better.
    Renea_Kay-I am so sorry to hear about you and your siblings going through so much at such a young age.I am glad to hear you are with our group now and you are making changes to better your life.YOU CAN DO THIS HUN!! We will be here rooting you on all the way to the finish line.I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers my dear.
    ColoradoGirl-I know how nice it is to get compliments.Good for you keep it up!! I bet you look amazing.
  • awestfall
    momma2four: proud???? Let me remind you of all you have to be proud of. 40 POUNDS LOST!!! YOU ARE BEING ACCOUNTABLE, YOU ARE PUTTING THE MILES ON YOUR EXERCISE, YOU ARE NOT ALONE just to name a few. I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt. All of us in this group could beat ourselves up over that one. Your kids love you no matter your size, and your size doesn't matter to them. Put away the guilt, you have not hindered your children's growth, happiness or well being. You have earned Mother of the Year in my book. You are doing great!

coloradogirl: I had a skinny comment today also. It feels good! You will get more and more comments. It does help reinforce all your hard work.

mstahl: Did you have any luck on the hunt? I'm afraid we would go hungry if I had to clean a deer. My son brought home a little buck this fall. Venison is the only meat he will eat. Pickiest eater I have ever know and he lives with me, go figure.

Still feeling like I have a 5 pound brick of cheese in my head but I am planning on getting in two miles of Leslie Sansone tomorrow. The more days I take off the harder it is to stay motivated.

Proud: Today I was at a funeral held at our church and a friend I hadn't seen for a couple of months said "you're getting all skinny."
    Me and skinny have never been in the same sentence. I remember being like 128 and I was the big girl.
    Snowflake-I am a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning my house.My husband said I should clean homes for a living but then he took it back because he said I would take to long to do it because everything has to be perfectly clean.LOL I would come clean your house if I lived closer to you.
    Mstahl-Girl I am so proud of you for fighting that cold and hopping on your elliptical.
    Momma2four-I know exactly how that would make me feel but just remember you are doing something about it now and thats Awesome.
    Bluenotes-Good JOB!!
    Renea_Kay-I am so sorry to hear about you and your siblings going through so much at such a young age.I am glad to hear you are with our group now and you are making changes to better your life.YOU CAN DO THIS HUN!! We will be here rooting you on all the way to the finish line.I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers my dear.
    ColoradoGirl-I know how nice it is to get compliments.Good for you keep it up!! I bet you look amazing.
  • awestfall

Bluenotes-Good JOB!!
  • awestfall
    Sorry so many of the same posts girls.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Good morning girls...

This is going to be a good day...I just know. I was soo freaking excited on the scale this morning, it is only tuesday and I already down like 1 1/2 lbs. I am way under 285...283.9 this morning...that isn't teetering on 285 that is a good lb less...HOping it will stick till Friday plus some.

guess i need to go get the girls ready for school...everyone have a good day
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Snowflake - I got a nice sized buck the first week of December and I wanted one more for the freezer but no luck! I'm just a meat hunter and I :sad: like a baby when I shoot one, and I hate having to field dress them:grumble: . My sister and I were kinda taken aback a few years ago when we had to start helping Dad field dress his deer rather than the other way around :laugh: Oh my, growing up can be rough at 40 :indifferent: ! It was so cold here this past weekend and we had about a foot of snow (me wishing I had your snow shoes!) so at least I burned some calories!

bluenote - love your name :smile:

every one else - have a fabulous day! :bigsmile:

(and I got on that elliptical AGAIN! This might become a habit!:happy: )
  • BarbG
    BarbG Posts: 12 Member
    :smooched: Off to a good start today, going to stay that way. Will visit the gym later. Now off to work. Wishing you all a great day!
  • awestfall
    I weighed in this morning and instead of 233 I am 231 again so I guess I was just overtraining my body.So excited to finally see that scale move again.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Ugh:angry:

My weight is still up today (199.4) - I was 197 even a week ago:grumble: . I just started to exercise on New Years Day so I'm going to assume I'm building some muscle (and I can see a hint of muscle in my quads!). I know we have these times and it's part of the journey but somehow it's easier to know that when it's someone else isn't it?:ohwell:

I am doing fine with calories and I know that adding exercise will only help me so I'm sure I'm on the right path:indifferent: it's just hard waiting for the reward:tongue:

I'm so glad I have all of you to commiserate with and to CELEBRATE with:flowerforyou:

- thanks for being here and reading this:drinker:
  • Good Morning! I figured since I finally decided to commit to using MFP regularly, I would check out the formuns and introduce myself. My name is Liz I am 33 and happily married and proud owner of two crazy pitbulls and three cats - makes for interesting mornings :smile: . I have been the "bigger girl" for most of my life but it wasn't until 2002-2003 where my weight sky rocketed in the 350+. After my mom (a nurse) confronted me, I decided to do something about my weight. I got down to my lowest weight (as an adult) in 2006 and starting doing endurance events. I have done 1 half marathon, 1 marathon, multiple 5K and 8Ks and 4 triathlons. I have since gained 30 lbs from my lowest weight and really want to focus on losing more weight so I can be faster this race season as well as reaching a goal of doing an ironman triathlon. This year I decided to keep a blog to show everyone that you do not have to be the ideal weight to do endurance events.
  • lildebbie
    I weighed in this morning and instead of 233 I am 231 again so I guess I was just overtraining my body.So excited to finally see that scale move again.

Wooohooo glad that scale is moving for you now.

Welcome Eshaw !!! That is great you have done all those endurance races. I would love to do something at least a 5k or something my knee just kills me, i am hnoping that i will loose weight and it will be better...you go girl!!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    :smile: Good Morning/Afternoon gals :smile:

Welcome to all the newbies...this is a great group...you are really going to love this group of girls...I do :flowerforyou:

Everyone is doing an amazing job working towards there goal....we can do this...

I have a question: does everyone weight themselves everyday or on weigh in day?....because i have been reading an everyday weight loss...is it ok to weigh ourselves everyday...or can it be very discouraging?

Check - in 1/11/10
    calories: yup, 1300
    exercise: nope, me being lazy...
    water: nope again, being lazy...
    proud: I stuck with the no sugar challenge..that was on my mind all day...i see cookies...and then i think about the challenge and instead i ate an apple or pear...different kind of sugar.

Check-in 1/12/10
    exercise: i have to find other ways to exercise since i need an extention for the treadmill....i might do the elliptical or a dvd leslie sansome 4 mile walk...
    water: i better drink my water today!
    proud: i am making better choices for myself...this week...and hopefully for the rest of my life...

Thank you for being so supportive and motivating:heart: ...i love you gals:flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    :smile: Good Morning/Afternoon gals :smile:

Welcome to all the newbies...this is a great group...you are really going to love this group of girls...I do :flowerforyou:

Everyone is doing an amazing job working towards there goal....we can do this...

I have a question: does everyone weight themselves everyday or on weigh in day?....because i have been reading an everyday weight loss...is it ok to weigh ourselves everyday...or can it be very discouraging?

Check - in 1/11/10
    exercise: nope, me being lazy...
    water: nope again, being lazy...
    proud: I stuck with the no sugar challenge..that was on my mind all day...i see cookies...and then i think about the challenge and instead i ate an apple or pear...different kind of sugar.

Check-in 1/12/10
    exercise: i have to find other ways to exercise since i need an extention for the treadmill....i might do the elliptical or a dvd leslie sansome 4 mile walk...
    water: i better drink my water today!
    proud: i am making better choices for myself...this week...and hopefully for the rest of my life...

Thank you for being so supportive and motivating:heart: ...i love you gals:flowerforyou:

I weigh myself every day. But i only record it on Friday. I actually weight myself several times a day. Some say you shouldn't, but I like to...sometimes it gets me down but i just remind my self weight does fluctuate but means i just need to work harder..but then days like today when it was down down, makes me more motivate to make it go even lower :) I think it is all up to the person. My husband hates to weigh more than 1 x a week.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I also weigh every day. I also track my weight every day on MFP which is why you may notice my ticker goes up and down and up and down throughout the week. :wink:

I think weighing yourself every day can be discouraging if you don't understand your weight can easily fluctuate 5 pounds up or down day to day, especially if you're not tracking sodium. When my scale says I've gained, it motivates me to beat it & prove it wrong. When it says I've lost, it motivates me to keep up my hard work. So, either way, it motivates me to do better every day and that's why I do it.

The reason I track every day on MFP is because of the reports I can generate and because on any day, I like to be able to go back a certain number of weeks and see exactly what I weighed then.
  • HonestOmnivore
    PositivilyMe - I weigh myself every day - and log it into a spread sheet - then I just try to focus on the five day average. Right now I'm up about two pounds from my all time low (this time I should say) of 197 - I'm hoping that's just muscle! I also log my net calories every day to keep an eye on them, and watch that five day average. To out myself as a complete nerd - I even chart both my average weight and actual calories... :tongue:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Good Morning Girls, I just returned from dropping 2 of my 3 girls off at school. Hubby took 1 girl for me. Now the little guy and I need to get ourselves ready for our day. I try to work with him everyday. Yesterday we were working on holding a pencil. I do NOT know if he is right or left handed. He switches off, but seems to favor the left. I have NO idea, if I should encourage one hand or the other. Maybe some of you teachers can give me a suggestion. Anyways, he fought me so hard on the issue and I mean he got really defiant about it. Momma, said Listen here I am in charge and we are going to write with a pencil today. I figured if I sit down 1 hour a day and build to 2 hours, he will start getting ready for Kinder which is 4 hours. He is just not ready right now. I do not make him just sit at a table and do 1 hour of work. We read a book, we sing a song, we practice our letter recognition, we go over flash cards, we dance, ect... Anyways I rambled on about my son, but it is a daily thing for us right now. I am teaching him to memorize things, does anyone remember the little prayer "Now I lay me" ? I got him to memorize that. That may not be a big deal for your average 4 yo. but it is a big deal for my little guy. He seems so smart to me, yet he struggles. I am a confused mom!

Back to weight loss mode. Even though I stayed under my cals yesterday they were lousy calories. I felt it last night too. Today I am off to a healthy start. Thanks for listening sometimes I just need to vent a little then I feel better:smile:
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    check in from yesterday (will catch up on posts tonight)

Calories: waaaayy over, I must have been hungry over 2000
    Exercise: walked dogs 60 minutes burned 300 cals
    Water: only 20oz
    Proud: planned my dinners for the rest of the week, and went food shopping and stuck to the list!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: really bad ... made bad choices all day ... don't know why - kind of down in the dumps:cry:
    exercise: nothing
    water: bad - only about 32 oz
    proud: I actually could have done worse at dinnertime, but made myself stop my all day binge

today is a new day and I started it out right with a trip to the Y for an hour of step class for 1000 calories :happy:

nice to see all the new gals! welcome!
    renae_kay: I agree with snowflakes, the first thing I thought of when I ready your initial post was that you need to change the priority of your motivation list ... YOU should be first on your list because you are the most important thing in your life. When I first started gaining weight in high school and college - I did all the wrong things to try to stay thin ... I starved myself, made myself throw up, didn't pay any attention to whether or not the foods I ate were healthy, and I basically set myself for many, many years weighing over 100 pounds more than I should. Now I'm finally trying to get healthy with a good balance of exercise and making healthier food choices, and making my weight loss and health a top priority in my life. You can do this! Good for you! Sorry to ramble on and on, but I can look back now and see the mistakes I made ,and wish that I had never let myself be overweight for so many years. But I'm also very happy that I'm working on it now.

Have a great day everyone!
This discussion has been closed.