OVER 200 CLUB NEW YEAR NEW BODY (OPEN GROUP) Part 2

Replies

• llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Checking in -

Calories - over
    Water - 72oz
    Excercise - None
    Proud - I fee really good that I am eating right and I am on day 10.

Well thought I was doing really well on my calories until I stopped and bought a Subway sandwich. Didn't realize it would be sooo high in calories and then I had to add my sun chips too!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Checking in -

Calories - over
    Water - 72oz
    Excercise - None
    Proud - I fee really good that I am eating right and I am on day 10.

Well thought I was doing really well on my calories until I stopped and bought a Subway sandwich. Didn't realize it would be sooo high in calories and then I had to add my sun chips too!

Subway has done with that to me..i thought i was doing good and was not as low as i thought.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    I am surprised sometimes at just how many cals are in the subway sandwich, guess I should decline the cheese and mayo:tongue: But I don't so I just make my own sandwiches at home and use low fat mayo.
  • lildebbie
    i don't even eat mayo (just don't like it) but the cheese i think is my weekness.
  • lildebbie
    01-12-10

cals - 1270
    Exercise - 50 minutes of wii (ea active and wii fit+)
    Water - way under
    Proud - Had a cruddy day but not giving into food...I was real upset after call from the teacher instead of sitting down and eating food, i got on the wii fit and did some boxing
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    so..i already checked in today, but as i went back to see how bad i did ( i had a piece of chocolate) i realized that i might just have a problem....im getting less than 1000 calories a day...today was only 400. I feel like i eat too much, but then i go back and realize how little i actually ate. I really dont know...is this healthy? what should i do? For breakfast i always grab something little like an apple...and lunch is something like an orange and water .... and then supper is a meal usually (tonight was popcorn chicken) and some water. ...im just wondering if this is healthy...some of my friends say it is alright...and then some say im starving my body from what it needs. ....just any advice????
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Checking in..

Had a FABULOUS day today! Energy is offically coming back :smile:

Calories.. stayed well below
    Exercise 120 minutes (treadmill and bike)
    Water.. YUP
    Proud.. I am doing well!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    so..i already checked in today, but as i went back to see how bad i did ( i had a piece of chocolate) i realized that i might just have a problem....im getting less than 1000 calories a day...today was only 400. I feel like i eat too much, but then i go back and realize how little i actually ate. I really dont know...is this healthy? what should i do? For breakfast i always grab something little like an apple...and lunch is something like an orange and water .... and then supper is a meal usually (tonight was popcorn chicken) and some water. ...im just wondering if this is healthy...some of my friends say it is alright...and then some say im starving my body from what it needs. ....just any advice????

Hi Renea, and welcome.

400 is absolutely too little of calories. That is too little calories for grown adults. You will get very sick if you plan to stay on a regimen like that. Because you are 16, you are still needing a LOT more calories and nutrition for growing than the rest of us do here. I strongly suggest you speak with a doctor before beginning your weight loss journey. A doctor can monitor your weight and calorie intake and help you learn more about nutrition for your age. Your enthusiasm is great, Renea. But I am worried about how you view food and how you view yourself at age 16. I am not a doctor, but I have been down that road of anorexia and trust me, you NEVER want to go there. How many calories is MFP suggesting you eat for your age & weight? Just curious.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member

You definitely need to eat more. The minimum is 1200 calories in a day, if you eat less your body could go into starvation mode (your body will think it is starving and store everything and not lose weight, it is a survival thing)

I tried diets like that, lose some weight quickly and in the end I couldn't maintain eating that way, so I would end up gaining it back and then some. After years of dieting that way I ended up at 311 pounds. I am now eating healthy (using the calories this site gives me) and lost 66 pounds in one year, and not gained any back.
  • bluenote
    BTW, I try to only weigh in once a week because I have a history of anorexia and obsessing over the scale aggravates that feeling of desperation for me. But with that said, I did weigh in this morning and found I gained 4 pounds. I am stressed out over this, but I will not write about it now until I review my exercise and calories and see what is really going on. I keep bouncing back and forth with the same four pounds since Christmas. Ugh. I am thinking, just a hunch, that I may not be eating enough calories.

check -in:
    cals: under a bit
    water: 64
    exercise: 40 mins bike
    proud: two cafeteria ladies told me today that I am really losing weight. I am NOT giving up! That is NOT an option for me anymore!
  • bluenote
    Yes, Jenn, you are right - 1200 is the minimum for adults. I think that teenagers require more...how can Renea find this out? Does anyone have info on this?
  • lildebbie

You definitely need to eat more. The minimum is 1200 calories in a day, if you eat less your body could go into starvation mode (your body will think it is starving and store everything and not lose weight, it is a survival thing)

I tried diets like that, lose some weight quickly and in the end I couldn't maintain eating that way, so I would end up gaining it back and then some. After years of dieting that way I ended up at 311 pounds. I am now eating healthy (using the calories this site gives me) and lost 66 pounds in one year, and not gained any back.

I agree here with the other ladies here. That is wayyyyy to low of calories.

Sometimes i think i am not eating enough but that is when I am like 1000 cals.

I went on a diet when i was 20 (was using diet pills too), and I hardly ate, i lost 40 lbs in like 2 months, then it came back on pluse another 100 lbs. I think talking to a doctor may be a good idea. I am not a doctor or nutritionist, but i would think since your body is still growing, like bones and stuff, you may need more calcium too..
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Thanks bluenote for correcting me :) I did a quick little research, and it looks like no less than 1800. Because less could lead to muscle loss, bone loss, hormonal issues, and hair loss.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Renea_Kay - Hi and welcome!
    I think you'll do MUCH better if you up your calories to somewhere between 1500 - 2000 (ask your doctor or school nurse) - and start some moderate exercise! You need to fuel your body so it's happy to let that fat melt away.

I would try to eat your largest meal early - if you're not a breakfast person eat a large (healthy!!!) lunch. Adding a few yummy things to a spinach salad with grilled chicken will up your calories - maybe olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing, olives, cheese, some nuts - in just a few add ons you'll have added 3-4 hundred calories (I know because I have to WATCH that LOL!).

Use your apple and orange as snacks mid morning and mid afternoon. You might have to work at eating when you don't feel hungry just to re-train your body.

Let yourself put on five pounds or so without freaking out while your body gets things figured out - within 3-4 weeks the weight will start really coming off and you will FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!!! With the right amount of fuel you'll feel full of energy and with a little exercise you'll be in a much better mood and dealing with all the crap you're going through will seem easier.

We'll hang in there with you - you're not alone!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Calories: 1362, so under exercise calories but about 150 over ideal for today.
    Exercise: 20 minutes bike. Not feeling good led to feeling worse tonight. :ohwell:
    Water: I'm well over 100oz
    Proud: Um, I'm getting to bed a couple hours (or a few) earlier than usual tonight. I may actually get in 6-7 hours of sleep tonight.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    checking in -

Calories - over 1800 (still didn't eat all my exercise calories!)
    Water - a little under
    Exercise - 50 minutes on the elliptical and 45 minutes walking at lunch!:bigsmile:

Proud - I had a bad day. But I didn't go nuts at dinner tonight - yeah I ate more than I should have but I didn't take seconds of anything and my portions were OK:tongue: . It feels nice to be able to say "no" to food.

Happy - I can hear my dog snoring down in the kitchen, from my upstairs computer room:smile: . kinda sweet but then I think about lildebbie and my heart aches... LilDebbie - I wish I could loan you some puppy snuggles - so I'm sending out some doggy love across cyberspace tonight!:smooched: (think puppy kisses)
  • lildebbie
    checking in -

Calories - over 1800 (still didn't eat all my exercise calories!)
    Water - a little under
    Exercise - 50 minutes on the elliptical and 45 minutes walking at lunch!:bigsmile:

Proud - I had a bad day. But I didn't go nuts at dinner tonight - yeah I ate more than I should have but I didn't take seconds of anything and my portions were OK:tongue: . It feels nice to be able to say "no" to food.

Happy - I can hear my dog snoring down in the kitchen, from my upstairs computer room:smile: . kinda sweet but then I think about lildebbie and my heart aches... LilDebbie - I wish I could loan you some puppy snuggles - so I'm sending out some doggy love across cyberspace tonight!:smooched: (think puppy kisses)

Thank you very Much !! It was weird today to not have him. I work from home, so all day it was just me and him. ..today was the 1st day i had to work , just kinda weird.

my 3yo has to stay home yet again tomorrow, she had a fever this afternoon and they won't let her back till she is fever free for 24 hrs. Dr said she just had a cold...but for some reason she spikes a fever when she has a cold...i am going to start make sure i give her vitamins everyday..i can't miss this much work all the time ugggg...TOmorrow i think i am working 1/2 day. If i upt her down for a nap at about noon she will probably sleep till hubby comes home from work, (he gets off at 3)., so i only have to 1/2 day sick time..

I was "kind of " excited. I was waiting for my bath water to drawl and was looking in my closet, i tried on my 24 jeans they are fitting better everday. I could probably wear them out now, but think i would like them a tad more comfortable first. But then i saw some skirts, one i bought in september , and i remember , i bought it cause it was on sale, like 5.00 but it was kinda tight aroudnn the waist, i pulled it right now not tight at all. Then another skirt i bought 2 yrs ago for a cruise i was going on. I could wear it before but just a little tight in the midsection, i pulled it right on and i could wear it w/o problem...of course i have no where to wear it to...or anything to wear with it...but hey it fits.

That is such a good feeling...even if i am not going to wear the clothes anytime soon, or maybe ever, just that it fit and it didn't used to is a great moral booster.

My biggest goal, is that I can wear my wedding ring. I haven't worn my wedding ring for probably 2 1/2 years. I can't wait till i can wear it again.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Great advice you all have given to our new teen friend. I just want to add that it is critical that your calories are healthy. Especially your fats. Your brain is still developing and needs the healthy fat from nuts and olive etc. I have never seen a school vending machine with healthy food so take items from home for your school day. Great choice on your pieces of fruit, now add a meal in between them. Knowledge is power. Keep on asking questions and learning.

Calories: yes
    Water: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Proud: that I was able to get back to some exercise. It would have been sooo easy to talk myself out of it.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    I'm sending out some doggy love across cyberspace tonight!:smooched: (think puppy kisses)
    aaaahhww.....Please non on the lips, I have to draw the line.

lildebbie: Yay for the smaller size. Today on Oprah they said dress cute for you. You work at home so tomorrow put on the cute skirt and feel cute while you work. Go girl!
  • lildebbie
    Thanks snowflakes....the funny is , i am not a skirt/dress kind of gal...I don't wear them alot anyway....I usally where jammies or jeans when working..

I did notice a night gown i put on last night, wasn't tight. It is knit so it fit, but used to be tight to my body, last night , it wasn't it felt good.

Home agin with sick baby....HOpefully i wil at least work 1/2 day today. I am hoping she gets better soon.

HOping this week starts looking better.
This discussion has been closed.