I got my flu shot today. What about you?

Options

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Got it 6 weeks ago - more time for it to kick my immune system into gear before the actual flu season starts. So far two people on my floor have been out sick and I've been good.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I got the H1N1 shot... a week later I was in the hospital with H1N1.
    My 3 year old had a bad reaction to her flu shot when she was a baby.

My son has had them every year, no reactions/illness.
    Hubby has had them, same as my son.

I'm not sure if I want to try her again, or myself!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I haven't, and I don't plan to. I don't think I'm even getting it for my kids this year either. Kids need to get sick to boost their immune system or when they're older, it'll be worse when they get the flu, or whatever. I've never had the flu shot before, my mom had it before and I remember her having horrible reactions to it and it freaks me out, PLUS she still got sick with the flu that year. I know it's supposedly a different formula or whatever each year and all, but I dunno. No thanks. I'll suck it up and get sick and take my day/nyquil.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. Have to see if our Nurse is in the office today.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    No, I let everyone around me get the shot and then I'm safe by proxy.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    So overrated
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I ever have had one? Good for you, though :)
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a soldier so I have no choice to get the flu shot!! I get it right on top of the scar of my small pox vaccination. LOL!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    absolutely getting it next week, they're offering it free here at the office. I always try to remember to get it. The one year I didn't got sick for a week and wanted to die from the flu. didn't know that many body parts could hurt that much!!

This is me--Have always gotten a flu shot except when I was pregnant and I got the flu at 8 months pregnant and had my son 6 weeks early.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I never get the flu shot.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Never, it gives you herpes you know
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    not sure how I feel about it - got a flu shot for years from about age 14 til 25... Just stopped getting it- I have had the flu once in my life (didnt get the shot that year)

probably skipping it again. wish me luck! lol
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    no thanks, my immune system works great!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    No, we don't do flu shots.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    EmmaStoneThumbsUp.gif?t=1343147282

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm not anti-vaccine by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't believe in flu shots and won't get one as long as I have a choice.

Same here. I've also never actually had the flu, that I can recall.

My pediatrician doesn't really push them either, although I did get my son the flu nasal mist last year, but he wound up getting sick from it so I think we'll pass this year.

I don't really see a whole lot of point in them, however for the last 4 or 5 years of my dad's life he had to get one ever year per his physician, as his immune system would not have been able to handle it if he'd actually caught the flu somehow (he had AIDS). It was kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation for him, because he usually felt pretty awful for a few days afterward. Better than being hospitalized though.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I never get the flu shot.
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As a pharmacist I must say getting the flu shot is very important in preventing illness. The flu shot will only cause the flu if you get the active vaccine. Most shots are inactive and can not cause the flu. However, the strains in the flu vaccine each year are an educated guess as there is no way to predict which strains will occur. So it is possible to get the flu even if you received the vaccine. :)
  • jlrowland
    jlrowland Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I got flu mist yesterday. Our daughters received the mist on Friday. Sooooo for it!!!!
  • CurtisBerkel
    Options
    I agree with the never get the flu shot folks. When I was in the US Navy they used to force us to get the shots every year. Like clockwork, I would get sick as a dog!!!

I haven't had the flu since I no longer get the shots, go figure ;)

Curtis