I got my flu shot today. What about you?

Options

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    They give them for free every year at the hospital I work at (for employees). They don't "force them"... but pretty much push them. I'll have mine the minute they start giving them. I haven't had the flu since I was first in college (around 2002 / 03). I've had the shot for the last few years. It makes my arm feel sore for a few days... but, that's usually it.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Nope, never have had the shot and don't plan on ever getting it. I rarely get sick and if I do it's a cold or sinus trouble, not the flu.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Getting one since work pays for it and I'm an asthmatic. I've always gotten one and have never had bad side effects.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Got mine today.... I've been getting it for the past four years because I had no choice. But this year will be the last. I have never gotten the flu... :smile:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    As a pharmacist I must say getting the flu shot is very important in preventing illness. The flu shot will only cause the flu if you get the active vaccine. Most shots are inactive and can not cause the flu. However, the strains in the flu vaccine each year are an educated guess as there is no way to predict which strains will occur. So it is possible to get the flu even if you received the vaccine. :)

LOL. Why is it important?

I think it's hype and much mis information about, and I am very much anti-vaccine, so it will be bvery difficult for you to convince me.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't take medicine of any kind. I never get sick.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I agree with the never get the flu shot folks. When I was in the US Navy they used to force us to get the shots every year. Like clockwork, I would get sick as a dog!!!

I haven't had the flu since I no longer get the shots, go figure ;)

Curtis

GO MILITARY!!!! smh, always forcing us to take something. Thankfully i have never gotten sick from the flu shot, and never had it. I will be following in your footsteps of NOT getting the shot once i leave the Mil. BLEHH!!!! lol
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    Got mine last week. I've never had a bad reaction to a flu shot.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    No way. Never ever again! My husband got the shot last week, got the flu a couple days later and gave it to me and the kids >:( We recovered quickly, he is still sick.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I had a Doctor once equate getting vaccinated for the flu to getting vaccinated for polio. He wasn't my Doctor after that appointment.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    I never do and never will get the flu shot. I put faith in my healthy immune system which I strengthen through eating clean, exercising, and taking my Juice Plus+.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I never do and never will get the flu shot. I put faith in my healthy immune system which I strengthen through eating clean, exercising, and taking my Juice Plus+.

I don't even...
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten a flu shot and I've never had the flu.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Got mine today...never gotten the flu, but i tend to work with a bunch of people that will all come in sick and spreading germs...better safe than sorry.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Never, it gives you herpes you know

OMG I have to go make an internet website dedicated to this...right next to my ban dihydrogenmonoxide page!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    No flu shot for me. I've had three in my life. Each time I got sick afterwards. Fool me once.....
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I've actually never had the flu shot and I don't intend to start. :) Have had the flu once in my life. It lasted a week (took a good two weeks before I felt 100% though). It wasn't the end of the world.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Last two times I got the flu shot, I had "flu like symptoms" that led me to miss work for almost a week each time.

So no thanks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Not today. We get ours next week (free at work). I work in healthcare and know how silly all the arguments against it are.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Getting mine at work next week...the one year I skipped it, I ended up in quarantine with H1N1...I will never skip it again.