Reminder: The Scale Does NOT Define You!

Options

Replies

• mhansjee
    mhansjee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Omg, when i first read the title i thought this was going to be some silly skinny lady telling us how the scale doesnt matter but WOW! What a freaken inspiration! You look amazing and now, i FINALLY believe that the scale is indeed a liar!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    YES THANK YOU!!!!!! Body fat percentage all the way yo!!!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Great reminder. My scale has been fluctuating up and down the last few weeks (mostly up), but I have about 15 pairs of dress pants laying folded in the closet because they fall off. Think I'll just let the batteries die in the scale. :laugh:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That's really cool to see. You have an amazing body!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on all your hard work and progress. You look simply AMAZING now.

But, second, I want to throw in my own tidbit of a story to support what you're saying, because you're absolutely right. In August 2011, I hit my goal weight of 170. But, I realized I'd been sedentary for years and couldn't possibly have the muscle structure I'd had as a younger man. I decided to keep going in a refinement mode and set a target of 12% body fat. I went out to get measured and learned at 170 I was 19.5%. I did the math and set a new goal. Kept dieting and working out hard. Three months went by and I didn't lose an ounce. I went for another % measurement and it came in at 10.8%. I had swapped ounce-for-ounce, fat for new muscle.

The scale doesn't define us, it often misleads us and, sadly, it often makes people give up. The scale is a tool, and an important one. But, it's not the only one.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Every time you post, I leave with a new mindset.
  • BosBruin5
    BosBruin5 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lorina! Love your posts! What an inspiriation!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Great post!
    Blue jeans tell all.:happy:
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great post. I am addicted to weighing myself, i know i've lost weight but the scales either move slowly down or up depending on what mood its in. I have put it away and will not weigh myself until next week. So hard though, i nearly gave in this morning.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love it. You are an inspiration.
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reminder. I always need this reminder!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    wow! this is an awesome post! way to go :)
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Doing no scale October...lying byotch scale has been sent away to live elsewhere for the whole month.

The only thing I'm using to gauge progress is a tape measure and my goal pair of Lucky jeans that will make my booty look fantastic.

eta...oops guess you can't say b..i..t..c..h
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Thanks!!!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I am also putting my scale away for the month of October. I saw NO loss in September on the scale, but I'm down 7 inches and my clothes are much more loose. I am tired of being frustrated and discouraged!
  • seannaj26
    seannaj26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I needed this. Although I can always do better, I can also do worse as well. I get an urge almost every other day to get on the scale and it says I have gained. I am working out more but I cannot stop eating. Uuuughh!

I will stop here and say thank you. I am definitely a work in progress.:smile:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    spot on; great job.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Joining the masses in saying: Thanks so much for posting! Definitely came along at exactly the right moment! I'm off to look for my tape measure!
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    you are awesome - thank you so much for sharing this!!
    No Scale October it is!