Reminder: The Scale Does NOT Define You!

Options

Replies

• drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    All I can say is: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This is exactly what I have been saying the whole time, the scale is not what is important. It's all about how you feel, how your clothes fit, ect... I wish I could just show so many people (not on MFP) this thread and show them what is really important.
  • 1unfitlady
    1unfitlady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    love this! wish i had this motivation
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Boy, I really needed to read this today! After 2.5 weeks of literally starving (and not being able to exercise becuase of two ACL knees), I have only lost 1 miserable pound and had lost all motivation to continue until reading this.

I am going on a scale strike.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Lorina, you kicked that scale's *kitten*. I can say that, I AM British :happy:
  • lyblood1
    lyblood1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great great great great post. With pics to prove it. I love it and definitely needed to see that.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think I love you right now!!! LOL Thank you for this! You look fabulous!
  • brittamarie4
    Options
    I am so happy this was on the side of MFP - I just went on a rant last night about how frustrated I am getting because I am not losing actual "weight" ... this is the best thing for me to read right now and that is incredible. Thank you so much for posting this!!! <3
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Can I say it, too? Please? I also use git and tosser regularly.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!!! i do my best to never let the scale get me down. i hop on it once a day. if i see progress, fantastic. if not, i don't worry about it. i measure myself once a week and if inches come off, I'm even happier. losing inches means losing body fat. no change in weight or even weight gain means increase in muscle mass, which is fantastic. my ultimate goal is to be a lean, healthy looking 140-pound woman by the time all is said and done. I honestly do have big bones and inherited ultra-wide hip bones from both sides of my family, but if I can get the fat gone, i'll be a happy camper!
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Thanks for this post! I have been struggling with the scale but noticing my clothes fit looser...I need to remember this!!!

Have a great day!!

:flowerforyou:
    Brenda
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    The scale is a lying, cheating *kitten* who kicks puppies and takes candy from babies. Don't give it any power over you.

Love it.
  • sapph1rre
    sapph1rre Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just what I need to hear. :flowerforyou:
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody. I'm glad it's helping. :smile:

I do weigh myself daily, sometimes more than once a day, but mostly to laugh at the scale. And so I can understand fluctuations better. Pizza night will add 2 pounds the next day, and I know damn well I didn't have 7000 calories of pizza. And if I run about 5 miles, the scale will be down about 3 pounds because I sweat so much. I don't burn 10500 calories running 5 miles. :wink:

Bumping because I LOVE your posts! Thanks!
  • Jadesha
    Jadesha Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey thanks for posting this, it really helped!!! I've been working out for 2 months & my scale says I lost 2 lbs but my inch tape says I lost 3.5" from my waist alone. To add insult to injury so many ppl comment on how much I dont look any different even though my clothes are fitting me way looser. The up part is I finally got my work uniforms today which I tried on 3 months ago to know the size I needed & they were close fitting. Today the pant look as if I borrowed it from someone so I definitely know something is happening. To hell with that scale, I'm throwing mine out the window (of course I'll be sure to not hit anyone in the head with it :laugh: )
  • Alr080389
    Alr080389 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was one of those whiners but I myself have found that I've lost iches while weighing more. Love the pics. Great job!
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @Lorina Awesome, wish you had shoved that loaf of bread down the back of your pants for effect, LOL. Posted this topic to my wall, the angst filled posts about scale fluctuations from a few on my friends list were making me slightly mental lately. I hope they read this, and well...do some mental recalibrations and stop basing their self worth on a number of a scale.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    AGREE AGREE AGREE! The scale has had a smaller number on it but I haven't been this SIZE since like 7th grade! (I'm 41 years old!) I might be older, but I am so much wiser! Eat healthy (most of the time), exercise (most days) and it will come!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Can I say it, too? Please? I also use git and tosser regularly.
    LOL from another Brit!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You really are inspirational! Thank you for taking the time to share and to encourage.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. :)