Strange or fine for one guy to be in a fitness class with

Options

Replies

• nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're doing it to be with your wife, then good for you.

BUT if you're taking a class that is primarily women, you should probably consider something a bit more challenging depending on what your goals are.

oh hahahahaha. please come to my spin class so I can kick your *kitten*, then see IF you can talk.

can i come?

game on.

*buys a 12 pack of redbull*
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    It's only strange if the guy is a creeper.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    pimpin aint easy!
  • mhaynes96
    mhaynes96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In my zumba classes, it kinda of makes me giggle, but I also give them props for doing it.

In my Max Intervals class, which is NOT a class for sissies, I have found that most of the men give the class up. There is one young guy in there now (looks like he is in his mid to late 20's) and I asked him about it. He said it was intimidating and the class has been very humbling for him. I try to encourage him whenever he is in there.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Fine!!
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i saw a woman on the weights yesterday, i was like , um excuse me ma'am go play on the treadmills and ellipticals, this here is man territory.

Poor guy you must have a tiny penis.... Awww bless

LOL
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    Exercise does NOT discriminate! It's for everyone :)
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I think is fine. Its awesome to see them come, but even funnier to see them at the end of the class gasping for air and wabbling out because in their minds "um this is a girls glass, I can do this" LOL!! They look so tired and usually never come back!!

Man up Men!!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Not strange or fine....the word is called SMART :drinker:

THIS!

When I did Zumba there was one guy in that class. He would quietly come in and stay in the back. He looked like a body builder and he could dance better than all of us ladies. After class he always had a few women all over him. He was gorgeous!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    It's only strange if the guy is a creeper.

fred-armisen-mustache.jpg
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Male/Female who cares, everyone's there for a workout - if they've got time to stare at everyone else - obviously not working hard enough
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    i saw a woman on the weights yesterday, i was like , um excuse me ma'am go play on the treadmills and ellipticals, this here is man territory.

Poor guy you must have a tiny penis.... Awww bless

When sarcasm is so advanced, people think you're serious.

He's turning the double standard upside down, and pointing out sexism.

No Hes just a *kitten*

QFT.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Ummmmmmmmmm Excuse me but guarantee I can out do you ANY day Bud..

From that pic, you can try to out "do" me any day ;)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yeah............
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're doing it to be with your wife, then good for you.

BUT if you're taking a class that is primarily women, you should probably consider something a bit more challenging depending on what your goals are.

Oh no he di'in't!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    We have one guy that does Zumba with us usually. I don't see anything wrong with it!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

God damnit I love you
  • willmirl
    Options
    I did Pilates last year for a few months and I was the only guy there and until I read this post it never crossed my mind.

PS. any lads out there who read this and have back or posture problems, pilates is only brillant. Dont believe its just for girls
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Seriously?

He's pointing out the fact that if it were posed the other way, people would be up in arms about it being "sexist".

Of course it's fine - he can be in whatever he chooses no matter the gender distribution.

Finally someone with some sense and a sense of humor understands. People are way too easily offended on MFP!