Selfish/Shallow Reasons for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is so overweight that they are unhealthy. There is nothing wrong with eating right and working out to look your best. How you feel about the way you look on the outside has a lot to do with how you feel on the inside. I wasnt happy with myself for a long time. It wasnt until I lost some weight that I felt like me again.
  • trothmeyer
    Options
    let's face it...there isn't a single person out there that's going to feel bad about looking better, having more self-esteem, looking fabulous in skinny jeans (the bain of my existence)! I say, don't feel bad, GO FOR IT : )
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    my primary reason for losing weight is so that i can have better sex with my husband.

which is probably not entirely selfish ;) I'm not a selfish lover
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Because my husband is hot as hell and works with really fit looking women!

This one made me giggle. lol you go girl!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    There's a nice sized business here for tv/movies/commercials and I'm going to casually go to some auditions, etc and see what happens. It wasn't a goal when I started but it's an option now. Shallow? Yep. Care? Nope :)
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    When I was at my thinnest I had a teeny tiny waist. I loved it and I loved how I looked in bikinis and tight dresses. I want almost all of it back (I was a little too skinny at one point, but I honestly could barely afford to EAT then :frown: ) It's shallow, but hey, if being selfish/shallow helps make us a little healthier, let's all be a little selfish!
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That reminds me of all the beer I drink.

Sometimes it makes me feel shallow and selfish, and I feel ashamed at how drunk I get. Then I look into the bottle and think about the workers in the breweries and distribution centers. I think of all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink all this beer, they might be out of work, and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Really though my wife is hot, and I need to keep up.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I am 40. I am just here to lose "vanity pounds' basically. I am an acceptible healthy wieght, but if I lose 5-10# I will still be an acceptible healthy weight- and look a little better... but I also want the health benefits of stronger muscles/bones and more energy.

but the vainty pounds was the first reason, honestly
  • em_arylin
    Options
    Thanks so much, you've all made me feel so much better. I on estoy though was the only one out there that was doing it to look hot and be the girl other girls want to lose weight to look like. :) I can't express how happy you've all made me feel
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Personally I have all sorts of reasons for wanting to lose weight... some are not shallow (helping my arthritis by cutting sugar, avoiding the diabetes that runs in our family, etc.), but my LATEST reason is a conversation with a friend over the telephone, a friend I haven't seen in a long while.

We are both trying to lose weight but she doesn't really think there's a point to it AT OUR AGE. Ummmmmm...we're only 40!

She said,"I mean it's not like we'll ever be able to get back down to our high school weight...."

I'm only about six pounds away from that, and I admit the shallowness of wanting to reach that goal before I go to visit her soon. :)
  • blferguson1s
    Options
    I want to blow people away with how amazing I look on my wedding day in June. I ordered my dress in July, and it took 2 people to get it zipped so they told me losing 10 pounds would make it fit a lot better. That's my plan for now. That thing is going to fit like a glove and make me look super hot!

Plus, I want to get back to my pre-college weight. I wasn't super skinny, but I was definitely not overweight like I am now.
  • natbeach
    Options
    I so agree - if its what motivates you thats awesome! The aussie summer is starting and that bikini needs to be done some better justice than last year. I like your reasons haha
  • supbanana
    supbanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I suppose my reasons are shallow. I'm 24, ready to start having serious relationships, and the dating pool is apparently a lot bigger when you're not 300+lbs. Plus I've always been overweight (or at least saw myself as such) and I honestly have no idea what I look like when thinner. The more weight I lose, the more I love what I see (total hourglass figure, awesome bone structure) and so my main inspiration is to 'unwrap' a gift to myself - me!

When I say this of course it comes across like I'm self-obsessed or something, which I'm not. I'm just fascinated with the weight loss process. My health didn't factor into my decision at all, it was purely to look/feel better and attract a mate.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    just wana be hot
  • goddesshimmy
    goddesshimmy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is human nature to want to look your best. I have no issue whatsoever admitting that I feel better when I look better. No it is not an age thing because I am 38 and still feel this way. Nothing wrong with rocking an LBD as long you can!
  • twonkieone
    Options
    Abso-freakin-lutely! If you're shallow and you know it clap your hands!

(clap) (clap) !!!! :wink:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I just wanna get laid.

shallow enough?
  • twonkieone
    Options
    hell yes people would say they are shallow. i want to kick 40 in the *kitten*, i want to wear a bikini and not think twice about it, i want heads to turn when i walk by and i want the people at the gym to notice that i'm doing it right!! and all of those go to having a positive self esteem ~ which is 100% not shallow!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I want to be hot.
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    to look hot naked. :)