Selfish/Shallow Reasons for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have shallow reasons disguised as non-shallow reasons.

I want to have a better lifestyle = I want to be sexy when I do active things

I want to be healthy = I want to still be this sexy when I'm old

I want to be comfortable in my body = I want to people to notice that I'm sexy
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My shallow reason is I want the guy who turned me down for drunk sex last Xmas to admit he should've taken me up on my offer. :smooched:
  • skinnyjean4me
    skinnyjean4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ok first of all .... Look at my screen name LOL its that for a reason! I want to be a MILF! My daughters are getting older and dang it when they come home from college (once they get there in about 4 and 5 years) with their friends I want to hear " DAMN your mom is HOT!" Selfish? Definately! Age has nothing to do with it either I'm going to be 34 this month and yes I started this for health but I am going to maintain it also cause i want that killer body! And when I go out with my hubby I want to be noticed! So ok I'm shallow and selfish DON"T CARE!!!!!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Of course I want to look hot, and I think any motivation to get in shape is good even if it is shallow. For me losing weight and looking better not only equals better physical health but better mental health and self esteem. For me there's nothing better than looking in the mirror and loving what I see :smile:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Men don't notice the fat, quirky girls. They notice the smoking hot girls. So, you do the math as to why I want to lose weight.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I do! I do!

I'm in the prime of my life and I want to look like it. My health is a nice side effect, but that's not what motivates me at the end of the day.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I can't just walk by the mirror without stopping to see how good I look.... O and the sex is amazing
  • betsyr13
    betsyr13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm already pretty healthy. My doctor did a whole bunch of lab work a couple of weeks ago just to see, and my numbers were so good that he yelled (no joke, he really did), "WOW! A HEALTHY PERSON! THIS IS SO GREAT!"

So, it's not about that. I want to be the hot girl who turns heads when she walks in the room and not the chubby, funny, afterthought of a friend that I am right now.
  • Ironhead3td
    Ironhead3td Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    One of my reasons on my profile is I got some great clothes that I can't wear cause I'm too fat.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to be the young girlfriend. I want to be the hot skinny young girlfriend that his mates are jealous of
  • hillary2424
    Options
    I think my issues are probably considered shallow. I know Im totally healthy for my size, but I wanna be skinnier just to look better and feel more confident. I wish i could feel confident how I look now, but I dont. So losing weight will hopefully make me feel better.
  • hullchris
    hullchris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok first of all .... Look at my screen name LOL its that for a reason! I want to be a MILF! My daughters are getting older and dang it when they come home from college (once they get there in about 4 and 5 years) with their friends I want to hear " DAMN your mom is HOT!"

Love it! Made me chuckle.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    lol I lost 173 pounds to get the guy :) ..... and it was worth it!.....now I feel like I USED him to look this good ;):laugh:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Totally selfish, and shallow - I want to be able to look at myself in that full-length mirror and say to myself, Damn, girl, you HOT! :smokin:
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    lol I lost 173 pounds to get the guy :) ..... and it was worth it!.....now I feel like I USED him to look this good ;):laugh:

Dam I always miss out on picking up the hot chick
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing horrible burpees, or hideous moves called "butterfly walkouts" (don't ask, it's not as pretty as it sounds), I'm often to heard muttering "vintage dresses", "tiny waist" "halterneck tops". Seriously.
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    I watch music videa's on VH1 whilst I run and use all the amazing bodies I see on there to push myself - I wanna look like them!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My reasons are shallow NOW, at 235lbs not so shallow. I weight 136lbs today and don't NEED to lose weight to be healthy, but would like to lose weight to look hawt ;)
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people would judge on that anyway.

There's nothing wrong with caring about appearance. That doesn't make you shallow. If that's all that matters to you then, yea you're shallow but I don't think most people are.

I want to look better for the sake of looking better. Doesn't mean I'm steadily transforming from a good guy into a douche, I'm just transforming into a better looking good guy.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I look at how these reasons are motivating and consider that a lot of true long term motivation has an emotional element.

I want to feel capable of anything.
    I want to feel great and comfortable naked/ at the pool/at the beach.
    I want to feel sexy and turn heads.
    I want her to reach out with desire, just as I move. what I can with words, I want to do in silence, with my body.
    I want to peacock away in dress shirt, a suit, that casual look, or the ruffled bed sheet; to remember the ephemereal insouciance of youth.
    I want to feel the pride of the admiration of my children, the presence in their lives.
    I want the health to go and have great travel adventures.
    I want to experience my own equivalent of "C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... "

All reasons are shallow, no reason are shallow to those that own them.