People with a desk job

Options
123457»

Replies

• ukstarlight05
    Options
    I have an 8-5 desk job and am also allowed limited time away from my desk. I try so hard to get up at 5:15am and get in a good 45-50 min work out before work. Lately, this has not been happening. Thankfully we have a fitness room in the basement of our building, so I take a 45 min lunch break to work out - and I really try to push it because it's a shorter workout than I'd like. But I feel 30 mins of exercise is better than no exercise.

And when I become very restless, I will go do squats in the bathroom or go up and down the stairs a couple times!
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I googled workouts to do at your desk. There is a whole list of things out there
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I work from 8 am - 4 pm, and travel 40 mins twice/day. No breaks or lunch for me either, although I certainly find plenty of time for eating :noway: My designated parking spot is right outside of my office, and the restroom, is next door to my office. Other than the occasional message, or report that needs to be hand delivered - I'm attached to the phone, my paperwork and the computer :sad:

Often I get home from work, cook supper and then I'm running kids around. Not alot of time left in the day for me. I try and prepare meals for the next day, and keep up with housework and help kids with their homework......... Then it's BEDTIME :yawn:

What are the benefits of a standing desk? This is the first I've heard tell of it.....
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I constantly shake both my legs and also find excuses to go downstairs... yay for up and down the stairs! ... but this is mainly to stay warm, as I seem to be the ONLY human in my metro-area that thinks 68 degrees is cold.
  • Nunni3
    Nunni3 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a desk job too, most days I end up sitting at my desk and working. Yes it is legal for you not to be given a lunch....I try to walk around every so often, and in the winter I try to walk sort of the block, upstairs, down the hall way and back down a different set of stairs and down the hallway. Don't always do it, but I try at least once or twice a week. Not enough I know.
  • zimmera
    zimmera Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I exercise constraint by not telling people to **** off!

Haha too funny!