Success Stories: Moms Edition!

Options

Replies

• bethanigerrish
    Options
    Ahmazing! You are my motivation. I need to lose just as much as you have. Im just starting out.
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • Workingonme83
    Options
    One question, when do you work out?
    I have a 14 month old and work fulltime so when i pick up my LO and then come home, I have to cook, feed and bathe my LO, play time and then put him to bed so I`m trying to get 30 minute sof excercise in and afterwards I eat and do dishes etc.

Do you any of you have any advice how to fit in some exercise?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    One question, when do you work out?
    I have a 14 month old and work fulltime so when i pick up my LO and then come home, I have to cook, feed and bathe my LO, play time and then put him to bed so I`m trying to get 30 minute sof excercise in and afterwards I eat and do dishes etc.

Do you any of you have any advice how to fit in some exercise?

I have a 2 year old and a part time job. If I can't get a work out in during her nap I will put her in my workout that way it makes play time with her but yet a workout for me. Yesterday I had my son and my daughter, and we played cops and robbers and it was fun but a workout, I was being chased by 2 kids lol.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started in January of this year. I've had my ups and downs but I'm currenty doing Insanity and just started ChaLean Extreme on top of that.

I am a mother of twins and 2 singletons all delivered by C-Section

BEFORE: JANUARY 2, 2012
    front-1.jpg

AFTER: JULY 9, 2012
    fjs.jpg

SECOND ROUND OF INSANITY (MONTH ONE)
    IMG_20120730_171835-1.jpg

HOPING FOR AN AMAZING PICTURE BY THE END OF THIS MONTH!!

wow you look fantastic!!!!
  • christinechipchase
    christinechipchase Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump I wanna have a good read of this when I get chance :) xxx
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    when I began my weight loss journey in 1996 I weighed 250 pounds. I wore a size 26W. Here I am in January 2013 weighing 184 pounds and in a size 14 regular. a lot of hard work, alot of determination. taking the attitude of a fightining girl is what is helping me be a winner. I fought againist the odds stacked aganist me.

at 8 months old diagnosed with eplisey and being learning challenged got healed of both things

at 4-14 years old got abused by my dad and his family (at age 10) almost lost my life when my grandmother pointed a gun to my head like a deranged manaic. I was left by myself to decide my fate

escaped 3 near drowings

at age 14 took care of my abusive dad who was terminally ill with brain cancer
    at age 15 he died a year and a half later

my later teen years I was raised by a single parent moved back to the town I hated where I was bullied and abused by my teachers and peers

dropped out of school at age 16 to teach myself at home
    graduated with A's and B's

married an abusive guy but left him after one time of him beating me and raising our daughter on my own

I fought all these odds aganist me and beat them all. I am victorious.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am 37 mother of 4 beautiful kids, 17, 14,11,7. I work fulltime. I started at 220 down to 150 still have more I have to lose but am takeing it slow . I have been working on this weight loss for 7 years.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I would love all the success story moms to add me. be my motivators as I cross the finish line. when I reach my goal weight I would lose in total 125 pounds.
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I love this post!

I am a mum of 2 girls (3 and 4) and was already overweight before I got pregnant and once my girls came along, I ballooned to 240lbs!!! I've been able to lose 49lbs but still would like to lose another 30lbs and firm up! Y'all have definately given me hope of one day being a sexy hot mama!

Y'all are FABULOUS!!! WTG!!
  • tanterror
    tanterror Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe I'm not so petrified of having kids now... one day... maybe... one day!

You ladies are freakin' HAWT! Jeezzzzzz!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I could use some inspiration from you moms out there. Please share your success story here.

aaaaaand GO!

I'm far from a success story but I'm getting there! This is my post from my blog! Hope it helps! You can do it!!!

I've never been at the weight I should've been at. I've always been overweight, even if it was just by a little. My thinnest was when I was 160lbs in high school my senior year. That's roughly about 20lbs over what I think would be perfect for my body type and height (big boobs, big butt, 5'3)

When I met my husband, I was about 175. That was coming from a 20lb loss after 4 years of college binging. We got married I was 190. Then he deployed and I spiraled out of control with depression. I sat everyday at the computer, 24 hours a day, locked up in in my room, on the bed, playing World of Warcraft while waiting for a Skype call from my hubby. I ate my feelings because I was anxious. I never exercised, I was just paralyzed from the depression. I gained 50lbs from the day we got married until he got back. That was a year and 1/2 of destruction to my body. And I knew it, but I denied it.

I as 242lbs when I greeted my husband at the hangar. I'm sure I disgusted him. We had a hard time getting intimate. He said he loved me, but I felt like things were rocky. I know the deployment had a lot to do with it, of course. The adjustments were hard enough, he suffers from PTSD, and well, I had changed. But, regardless of the hardships, I ended up pregnant! I lost 20lbs during my pregnancy. After having my son, I was at 224. I told myself that I'm going to keep going. I'm going to be healthy for my son, and for my husband, and for myself. I tried it by myself but my MIL introduced me to MFP, and after that the weight really dropped. I lost 27lbs (and entered one-derland!) before I ended up pregnant again with my daughter. I maintained my weight at 197 until the last two months of my pregnancy, I only gained 7 pounds. I've been losing extremely slowly. I'm on birth control and anxiety medication for PPD, don't know if it has anything to do with it. I'm nursing. But with two kids under the age of two, I'm doing as much as I can without overexerting myself.

Today, I can proudly state that I have lost a total of 50lbs since my husband has returned from Iraq. Its almost been 3 years, and in that time I've had two pregnancies. I am very proud of myself, and my husband and I are rekindling our romance [obviously ;)]. I feel beautiful, I feel energized, and I feel HEALTHY! I have a lot more to go, but the climb doesn't seem as steep as it did before. Here are before and after photos.

523854_759342001014_252830172_n.jpg
  • joimichele
    Options
    Bump to reply later....
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    WOW everyone! Such a great inspiration. Hopefully I can get some of this weight off before we get ready to have another baby next year and then lose that weight! Thanks for posting!
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! All you moms rock!
  • teschy123
    Options
    okay my transition is not complete but I am have come a long way!! Here is the difference in pics

Note I am a mom to a 9 and 5 year old!!!!!

Top Christmas 2011 bottom Christmas 2012

Christmas2011_zps68cd6c06.jpg
    008_zps1c1e0388.jpg
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm currently pregnant, but your stories are inspiring. I will be using them for inspiration, thanks!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Check my profile pics... Before was June 2010, competition pic was May 2011 :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!