Success Stories: Moms Edition!

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    prego... you know my story. i went through hell and back to carry those babes as long as i could. 1st one was almost 3 weeks early and weighed 9 lbs 8 oz. the second was almost 2 weeks early and she was 9 lbs 14 oz..... i gained 110 with the first and 124 with the second. being on bedrest for 3 months of the end of each pregnancy.. i weighed in at 316 the day i delivered that second one. the nurse barely survived when i took her by the scruff of her scrubs and told her that her f n scale was wrong!!! looking back on it all... there is not a single thing that i could have or would have done differently. i wear my stretchmarks with pride and if someone has a problem with looking at them... then dont look. you my friend keep cooking that lil bugger!!! you look fab!!!

I can't even imagine you 316 lbs. You are one AMAZING woman.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Waaauuuw!!! You look good!!! You gave me hope! And thanks for the tip, I'm gonna buy the Insanity dvd's.

You're one hot momma!! I want that toooooo!

Great job!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just now: IMG_4255_zps95e28635.jpg
    February or March: IMG_1597.jpg

I am 5"5 130lbs with kids 8, 3, and 11 months old.

wow you look amazing. I currently look like your before pic the line on the belly and all as I had my lil guy 5 months ago. Seeing this has me totally motivated!!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump for later reading... everyone looks great!
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks mommas for the amazing pictures!!! You are all a great inspiration to me! One day I know I'll be posting my "after" pictures here and its because of the motivation I get from MFPs like you!!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!After 3 bubs,the last 2 being c sections,this gives me hope.I CAN BE FREE OF THE POOCH!!!!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! Feel free to add me :) I have pneumonia so my logging is pathetic but I'll be back on track any day now!!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories. Hope to add mine here too one day. My son is 8 now so I guess I can't use baby weight as an excuse anymore huh? LOL
  • AJDistel
    Options
    Love reading this thread. I'm a momma of 2 girls (4 & 3) and one on the way... Well technically she should have been here cause I'm 40 weeks and 2 days, but she'll come when she's ready. Seeing all these amazing transformations has really motivated me to want to get back to losing weight. My heaviest weight was 278 (gained 20lbs after my second), and before I got preg with my third, I was down to 234. In this preg I've been able to keep my weight gain to 13lbs so I'm hoping once released to workout again, I'll be able to continue where I left off.

Good luck to you all and hopefully I'll be able to join in sooner than later!!! Feel free to add me, I could use the support!
  • bslaf5
    bslaf5 Posts: 16
    Options
    Starting to get inspired by all you amazing ladies!! Im a Mom of 2 wonderful boys 6 and 3 and I wanna make them proud and have more energy for them. My hubby has been a member here for almost a year and his weight loss journey is an inspiration to me. I hope to have some amazing sixpack result pictures to show here someday
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 girls (ages 5 and 8). I gained more the first time. Got some light stretch marks on my legs, they faded. I've always worked at my fitness and ate nutritiously with good amounts of protein. My body bounced back very quickly. Took a bit more work the second time. I need to work at my fitness, but that's the same with getting older.

I dance and perform with my girls in a dance group of mothers and their babies.
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well, before I I got pregnant I didn't like me much. I smoked, drank excessively, my cholesterol was >300 and I weighed close to 200 pounds (before pic in my profile). I'm 5'1" so this was not a good thing.

I decided I didn't want my little girl to grow up with a the old me for a role model, so I changed. I didn't just change my diet, I changed my outlook. If I wanted her to be proud of me, I had to learn to be proud of me. It started with eating healthier and exercising, I gained a little confidence, then I started challenging my perception of myself. Let's just see what this geeky nonathletic girl can do if she tries. Well, my daughter thinks I'm da bomb. I've heard her brag about my racing or riding to her friends, and it makes my heart swell with pride. She knows that I set goals, and she knows that I struggle to meet them, but she also sees that I don't give up and that is a lesson worth sharing.

Right know I weigh 122 and am training for an Olympic Distance Triathlon and I can't swim, but I will.

Good luck!

you're such an inspiration!
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You guys are all AMAZING! I will definitely be coming back to this thread for inspiration!
  • ctolber
    ctolber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This thread is inspirational and just what I needed. I am a 37 yr old mother of two, a 17yr old and a 15 month old. I gained almost 50 pounds during the last pregnancy, which was very unexpected since I only gained approx 25 - 30 with my first. However, I do realize that was many years ago :). I have about 14 pounds to lose in order to meet my pre-preg wgt. So that is my first goal. After that I just want to continue toning/tightening my body which will help to lower my body fat. The closer I get to my goal the more difficult it is to obtain, but being in shape and healthy are important to me and I will keep working at it. So I look forward to hearing more of your stories. Keep up the good work ladies. You are amazing!
  • Hellaine
    Hellaine Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I jut got a lil emotional looking through this. First thread I've read and looked at that cut straight to me and just made me believe I can do this and have results. I'm really struggling finding time to work out because of a baby who just sucks at sleeping and a job I have to be at and perky and active at for up to 14 hours a day. I have JUST enough energy to make sure I can cook some low cal meals and thats about it. I've lost about 25 pounds just from calorie countin' and hoping it will carry me through to losing a lil more weight until my lil guy decides to sleep enough to give me some extra energy for more than just keeping the household running!

Trying to knock off 10-15 more pounds, mostly just weirdly placed 'baby' fat in my hips and back, leftover from pregnancy. Hoping to get all the way there just on diet alone and then move into tonight/weights/etc.

if anyone wants to friend me, please do so. Everyone here is just the biggest inspiration to me already.
  • slimtuki
    Options
    Wow I am inspired and amazed with how hard all the mums are working
    I started weight watchers in August 2012 and have lost 28 pounds till now
    Would love to take it up to 56 pounds by my birthday in April 2013. I am struggling with exercise
    Just not enjoying it as when I began I did insanity and intended to do it again.
    I hope I don't fall of the wagon .
    Starting weight 224 lb
    Now weighing 196 lb
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump! --I have a 2 year old but I'm just jumping back on the wagon. Very inspirational thread!!
  • Chas0207
    Options
    This thread is awesome! I just had my 2nd son a month ago, both of my boys were csection. I've been working on losing weight by "eating better" but I got the okay to start working out, so that will start tomorrow, along with doing a much better job of actually eating better and cutting out my addiction : Mt. Dew. You ladies are such an inspiration! I can't wait to be able to post my story!
  • mrsbrodielove
    Options
    I love this thread, I'm new to this site. My name is Jaclyn, I'm 23 years old, I'm 5"10" and currently 120 lbs. I have three children 5, 4, and 16 months old.
    I got pregnant with my first son at 17, I was 130 lbs I gained 76 lbs in my pregnancy 206 lbs
    I got pregnant with my second son at 18, I was 150 lbs I gained 56 lbs in my pregnancy 206 lbs
    I got pregnant with my first daughter at 21, I was 135 lbs I gained 60 lbs in my pregnancy 195 lbs
    6 months post baby I was 180 lbs
    1 year post baby I was 160 lbs
    16 months post baby I am 120 lbs.

I don't know how to post pictures yet
    Hard work and dedication really pays off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!