Your #1 indulgence that is actually not bad for you?

Options
psuskifan
psuskifan Posts: 19 Member
I am talking something that you can have in a meal and it won't throw your whole day off ie you can still eat another real meal.

Mine is Pesto.

Tons on basil, garlic, and lemon, a little pine nuts, and a little olive oil, adding some water usually instead of more oil. I think its about as rich as you can get in a food without it being bad on the charts.

Others are Pho (Vietnamese Soup), though it has enough sodium to kill twelve horses. Also a Greek spread of grilled marinated chicken, tzatziki, fava bean dip, olives, bread, and Greek salad.

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Walden farms alfredo sauce & dremfield's pasta. Sauce has 0 calories, pasta has 5 net carbs. Throw in some broccoli and chicken/fish/shrimp and it's my favorite dinner. EVER.
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'll have to try those things outs.. I don't have an answer to this question though, sorry...thanks for sharing yours.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Single serving back of kettle corn.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon organic cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon carob powder, 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter (soften in the microwave first), mixed very well with a little water and some Stevia and vanilla extract makes an amazing sugar free Nutella-like spread that is amazing by itself as a pudding or eaten as a dip for strawberries or an apple.

It's very low calorie and has no sugar so it's a perfect thing for when you want that 'cheat treat' but you know that you would go over your cals for the day!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Good Ice cream

In reality if something is "bad" for you would depend on if you have any intolerance or medical reasons to avoid something and/or in what amount your consuming said food
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Good Ice cream

^THIS
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hot herbal teas. I drink decaf green tea during the day. Chamomile tea whenever I need to relax. It's comforting. :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nutella and fresh mozzarella.

Those two are always popping up in my diary.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am talking something that you can have in a meal and it won't throw your whole day off ie you can still eat another real meal.

Mine is Pesto.

Tons on basil, garlic, and lemon, a little pine nuts, and a little olive oil, adding some water usually instead of more oil. I think its about as rich as you can get in a food without it being bad on the charts.

Others are Pho (Vietnamese Soup), though it has enough sodium to kill twelve horses. Also a Greek spread of grilled marinated chicken, tzatziki, fava bean dip, olives, bread, and Greek salad.

Tzatziki for sure!! :)
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Chocolate hazelnut spread on rice cake,or fresh mozzerella with tomatoes,basil and olive oil/vinegar.
  • llama12345
    Options
    pineapple, grapes and apples
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Avocado. I was really surprised at how reasonable it is. Yes, there is a lot of fat, but it is the good kind.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ice-cream and copious lattes
  • blueeyedangelar
    blueeyedangelar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Walden farms alfredo sauce & dremfield's pasta. Sauce has 0 calories, pasta has 5 net carbs. Throw in some broccoli and chicken/fish/shrimp and it's my favorite dinner. EVER.

alfredo sauce with no calories!!! Where do I find this???
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    diet pepsi
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Almonds. The only think is I can't put them away!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Pineapple
    Unsweetend Juice
    Strawberries
    Steak
    Yogurt
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    i slam a lot of homemade cookies.

sooo good
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

alfredo sauce with no calories!!! Where do I find this???

My exact question too!!! Do tell!!
  • psuskifan
    psuskifan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Avocado. I was really surprised at how reasonable it is. Yes, there is a lot of fat, but it is the good kind.

I completely agree on Avocado.