Where did you notice the weight loss first?

Options
12346»

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    face then boobs
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was so glad about the first place I lost. I lost the roll above my butt in the small of my back. I hated that the most.

That dropped my pants size by 2 inches but I was really tight in the legs. Since then my legs have dropped way down and now it is all left in my gut. Arms... gone... legs... almost there.

A little over 100lbs to go all in my middle.
  • encourageurself
    encourageurself Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The first place that I noticed a change was in my face. I'm not losing lots of inches even though i would love too but that's y i have started increasing my protein intake.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 lbs before I found MFP...I noticed it first in my pants, and then my shirt size...but my bra is still at the same notch...I refuse to go buy new clothes before they wear out, so my jeans are so loose that I can take them off without unbuttoning them!!!funny, usually I don't lose below my waist...I have not been exercising, I have a desk job...
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    People told me my face - and then eventually in my mid-section, though as I lost weight (I joined MFP after losing the weight) that has been much more gradual.

The most stubborn areas for me are the lower stomach (and really all the way around the lower stomach area) and the inner thighs.

I have seen a big difference in these areas, but as i lose I see it's not just about losing but toning and strengthening. It also has brought up "new" areas I had previously given up on - like strengthening my arms.

My face does look a bit different, and it's a bit of an adjustment - I think there is a bit of an "exploration" to this as your body transforms.
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My neck, shoulders, and chest r the most noticeable but i have gone down a few pant sizes also.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I wear my weight around my waist, so I always notice it there first, because even a few lbs lost affects how my pants fit. I suspect I will have to lose quite a bit before I start to notice it in other places.
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    i noticed loosing holes in my belt then having to make new holes... then having to buy new belts... then realising that i was buying new clothes every month... then realising that i didnt have any "old clothes"....

in the mirror was still chubby mcfatf&*K.... until 18 months later the first candid picture of me at a wedding was put on facebook - i was like "whos that?... **** its me"
  • terisaurus
    terisaurus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Arms and waist.
    Need my face and thighs to lose weight dammit.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I thought in my face first also, but you tell me! My profile pic was day one versus day 90, which was taken yesterday (saturday). I wasnt able to really TELL it, and others that see me daily cant either, but i was pulling my pants up alot.. i had to buy new pants yesterday... i was in a size 20... had to get a 14!!!! WOAH!. still cant see it though. LMAO!
  • lasooch
    lasooch Posts: 10
    Options
    I first noticed how my quads started to be visible. Then I noticed how i can buckle my belt tighter. Currently I'm seeing the most progress on my forearms, as some veins start to show from underneath the fat (and how the visible parts of them are getting longer).
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Arms and waist.
    Need my face and thighs to lose weight dammit.

okay HOW did you lose in the arms.. i need to lose in arms and boobs in a bad way!

im becoming small in the bottom half.. and i look like "oh my God, Becky, look at her.... top half" in the.. well, top half! i look like a damn sumo wrestler in the top half! Like a football player! My shoulders, arms and boobs are HUGE!!!!!!!!!
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My fingers, wrists and ankles. You know, the areas that I *don't* want or need to lose weight! Oh well...
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I noticed it on my face and my hands. It was coming off just as fast around my waist, but the only way I noticed it was that I was tightening my belts... I couldn't tell by looking. Other people noticed it on my face.
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    neck and face
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    stomach and face. I notice that there is less of my stomach pouching and I am noticing that I have cheek bones showing again.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    face, boobs, stomach. no thighs yet
  • PlushHyena
    Options
    Arms, I guess, but I'm not a good observer of myself. Other people see it on my face. I'd be happy with losing it anywhere, really, and it sounds better to lose the waist than thighs. :D I wouldn't want to lose my thighs and keep the tummy. :D

Oh, ribs sticking out is a problem that I had when I lost weight earlier. My ribcage is just wide and I still looked not-fit in other places.
  • jazzypom
    jazzypom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My tummy was the first to go. I was glad for that, because it was looking a bit pudgy. Then my upper arms, and my thighs have slimmed down a bit. I do want to lose a couple of inches around my bustline though. Less 'bouncing' when running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!