There and Back Again: Be a Hobbit Challenge!

Options

Replies

• moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    85 miles we reached bree ,was a very cold and a very wet walk today dark skys rain and hail:ohwell: but we made it now for a nice rest:yawn: atThe Prancing Pony.think both me and emmawilllose will have a rest tomorrow we have deff walked some miles this past few weeks :happy:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    after a long well needed rest me and emmawilllose set of on our walk once again ,we reach and leave the vlllage of bree through the south gate and head east along the road ,we are now 90 miles into our journey
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I love this! I'm so sorry about your grandpa. I love The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I walk everyday and I want to do this. I haven't heard of it before. I'm a month behind you.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa and I am amazed that in this time of grieving, you were still generous enough to share this. It looks like fun and my dogs and I will go on this journey on our nightly walks.
  • moreORless50
    Options
    plodding along still heading east 94.5 mils we have walked 302.5 to go :bigsmile:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    made it to the The Forsaken Inn: me and emmawilllose rested here and had a bite to eat before setting of again southeast along the Road 101.5 miles complete:bigsmile:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    111 miles :bigsmile: we can just see the Midgewater Marshes off to the northeast.. a great days walking emmawilllose and i pushed ourselves today to walk more was a great day for it cold but sunny :bigsmile:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    another cold but sunny day, we walked a little and then after a breif rest:yawn: we continued along the road heading East-Southeast
    115 miles emmawilllose and I have now completed :bigsmile:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    emmawilllose and I continue east-southeast.The road runs gently downhill.which is much better than uphill as we have tired legs :tongue: 122.5 miles completed so far :happy:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    sad:cry: to see just me and my daughter are on this journey, a few ppl started but seem to have gotten lost along the way i will continue till the end maybe it helps having my daughter to walk with we both want to see it through :happy:
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Yay! Evil cold of evil doom finally seems to have gone... I have five miles to add to my total (how sad is that???) but will be running on lunch and hope to add another three or four. Not sure where that will put me... will update total mileage later. Great going, those who have persevered!
  • moreORless50
    Options
    Yay! Evil cold of evil doom finally seems to have gone... I have five miles to add to my total (how sad is that???) but will be running on lunch and hope to add another three or four. Not sure where that will put me... will update total mileage later. Great going, those who have persevered!

good to see you :happy:

125.5 miles now for me and emmawilllose, we continue along the road heading east-southeast.
  • moreORless50
    Options
    emmawilllose and myself continue to walk even though the morning are now very cold and damp 137 miles done:smile: , we can see that the Marshes to the north are now closer to the road.we make camp and rest .:yawn:
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Just spotted this and think it's awesome that you're all doing this! I haven't read The Hobbit since middle school, but this makes me want to pick it up again, just so I can understand the challenge and destinations. Does anyone know if there are maps like this for any other pieces of literature?

Keep up the walking!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    70.25. I'm falling waaaayyyyy behind. Still, it's about getting there, not how long it takes, right?
  • moreORless50
    Options
    Just spotted this and think it's awesome that you're all doing this! I haven't read The Hobbit since middle school, but this makes me want to pick it up again, just so I can understand the challenge and destinations. Does anyone know if there are maps like this for any other pieces of literature?

Keep up the walking!

i been using this site to keep track of my walking
    http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Hobbit_BE_to_Rivendell/hobbit_be_to_rivendell.html
  • moreORless50
    Options
    we stopped and camped a while south of the Midgewater Marshes.both me and emmawilllose then decided to push on, today theres been some strong winds and lots of rain :grumble: we did moan a little about the weather but we carried on and got very very wet 154 miles complete we carry on east
  • moreORless50
    Options
    70.25. I'm falling waaaayyyyy behind. Still, it's about getting there, not how long it takes, right?
    yep its completeing it doesnt matter how long it takes , this has made mine and my daughters walks all the more fun , we love seeing how far we have got :bigsmile:
  • moreORless50
    Options
    160 miles:smile: done this last few days its rained hard:grumble: and then rained somemore::noway: , but still me and emmawilllose push forward armed with our coats and wellies to plod away through our swomped river walks the feilds and pathways are flooded but we wont give up walking has made a big diff to our weightloss we keep on walking the weight keeps on dropping:bigsmile: .We make Camp south of the road, away from the Marshes and rest and dry out 237 miles to go :happy:
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    74.25... Must keep going.