Replies

• Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    <<<<< 34!:smile:
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    42 here! Welcome to MFP! Lots of great info and support here!
  • DustinNagtalon
    Options
    This is such an awesome response! Thanks for everyone's requests!
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have been on here for a while and never looked to add friends but I think a good support system is a good idea. I am looking for someone to run ideas past, sometimes kick me in the butt or offer advice, and visa versa of course. I am 35.

If you are looking for the same thing, add me!

thanks

kim

you can add me if you want.
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am almost 39.
  • 182104me
    Options
    add me if u would like.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not in this age group. Only advice I can offer is to not let your age be an excuse, always train hard and always strive to hit your calorie goal. Best of luck!
    I am 51 and this just isn't true. As we age everything becomes harder. I and my soon to be 50 year old wife do body pump at the gym and have come close to dying while the young ones in the class have no problem with it. I am sorry but the aches and pains get worse!! Also losing weight has really become a challenge. ..just sayin'
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    <
  • Type1Rachelle
    Options
    Sorry, not in this age group. Only advice I can offer is to not let your age be an excuse, always train hard and always strive to hit your calorie goal. Best of luck!
    I am 51 and this just isn't true. As we age everything becomes harder. I and my soon to be 50 year old wife do body pump at the gym and have come close to dying while the young ones in the class have no problem with it. I am sorry but the aches and pains get worse!! Also losing weight has really become a challenge. ..just sayin'

I disagree 100% - the aches and pains are worse because you're probably more out of shape than you were when you were younger. I'm not saying that to be mean at all, but age really is an excuse in my honest opintion. It's simply easier the more active you are. There are multiple studies on this - the more out of shape you are, the easier it is to get more out of shape... the more in shape you are, the harder it is to gain fat. It all comes down to activity... diet is a big part of it, but I know dozens of people in their 50s and 60s who are triathletes and in better shape than they were in their 20s and 30s. I'm not in that 50-60 year age category, but I'm definitely more fit and healthy now than when I was in my teens and 20s, without a doubt.
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 38, rapidly approaching 39! Anyone can feel free to add me if you wanna give and get a bit of help and support! 8-)
    Georgy.
  • DustinNagtalon
    Options

I disagree 100% - the aches and pains are worse because you're probably more out of shape than you were when you were younger. I'm not saying that to be mean at all, but age really is an excuse in my honest opintion. It's simply easier the more active you are. There are multiple studies on this - the more out of shape you are, the easier it is to get more out of shape... the more in shape you are, the harder it is to gain fat. It all comes down to activity... diet is a big part of it, but I know dozens of people in their 50s and 60s who are triathletes and in better shape than they were in their 20s and 30s. I'm not in that 50-60 year age category, but I'm definitely more fit and healthy now than when I was in my teens and 20s, without a doubt.
    Yeah, im definitely not as fit as when i was in my 20's since i dont workout 5-6 hrs a day anymore..i'm active and cut down my workouts to about 1-2 hrs due to my work schedule..i can see both points..as i also have friends who are much older than me but in super fantastic shape..if i had kept the same workout regimen as when i was in college/competing then i would prolly reap the rewards right now.
  • beckyanne1975
    Options
    37 here and always looking for friends. Add me if you want to. :smile:
  • jenherk
    jenherk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My motivation was turning 40 in November. I love this site and the support is fantastic. I love the encouragement and being able to see my calories consumed vs calorie burned, it really motivates me! Good luck! :-)
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    41 and a rule breaker here. Add if you dare...
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~ 34 Years Young:wink:
  • basschmitz
    basschmitz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 39. If Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig can do it, then so can we.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    39 here...check out my profile and see if you think it would be a good fit to add me. Good luck on your journey and welcome!:smile:
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    <--- the BIG 4-0
  • abibt
    abibt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! 36 - 6 months of mfp and core strength yoga - weigh the same as I did at 18! Woot!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Weeks away from 34, but don't feel like it. :) Always looking for new friends, feel free to add me if you like.