You WILL FAIL with MFP, like every other diet...

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    <Weiser slow clap>

Well done, Stacks, brilliant post. Echoes everything I have felt and said during these last 223 days (and 57 lbs). I have heard people talk about gluten free, sugar free, paleo, low carb, high carb, low fat, no fat, nutritional dense calories (WTH?). I think a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. It is a unit of energy and if you expend more than you take in you will lose weight. It is not complicated.

BZ

Don't let the people who have taken it to a level beyond ACIAC and CICO distract you from where you happen to be on your journey. But not everyone here is *just* trying to lose weight.
  • jewelmarie793
    jewelmarie793 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Where is the like button on this site?!? :)
  • OzzyPam
    Options
    Ohhh now that is inspiration for all of us, your words are so true. Thank you so much lovely person :)
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i first saw the title of the thread and thought someone was gonna say mfp was **** and a waist of time, but the op was spot on, thank you i agree with every word. i get sick of people saying eat your exercise calls or eat so much or youl go into starvation mode. rubbish, to loose weight we need to eat less, there will always be sarcastic fools and know it alls but in the end we got fat by eating to much so to loose it we have to cut back, simples.
  • LizASterling
    Options
    VERY GOOD POST. I AGREE 100%
  • robkishere
    Options
    good read

i simply just stopped eating the daily crap i was putting into my mouth was at 319 at top weight about 14 months ago
    up until 2 months ago i had lost 55 lbs just by stopping the crap i ate.

within the past 2 months ive gotten onto a shake program which has been amazing for me and have lost another 14lbs since being on the shake plan i'm on, approaching age 50 in a cpl weeks and the past year i have felt great and feeling better every day.

a friend from work about a year ago showed me mfp and i logged in and started it but never went with it.
    but i have been daily now using it daily the past month and between my shakes and getting a better look at what i'm eating with info from mfp has really helped me drop weight and inches.
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wow! Alot of big losers replied to this post. Hope I am successful in joining your ranks. What makes MFP work for me is the interaction with others - the encouragement when I hit tough spots and the acknowledgement when I have small victories - keeps me motivated. Hope I do the same for others. Seeing the big numbers many of you have lost is really motivating to me. It can be done! I can and will reach my weight loss goal this time.
  • 33equals3
    Options
    Thank you for that! A needed reminder!
  • shelbyarod
    Options
    I absolutely love this!!!

Everything you said is true and needs to be taken to heart by everyone! If they do, then they WILL succeed, no matter how long it will take or how hard it will be! If you stick to it and push through, it will show!

Best Wishes to everyone that is serious!!! :happy:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Until you realize that MFP is not a diet. MFP is a tool to take charge of your life. MFP is not a magical answer to fix your weight problem. MFP is simply a way to measure what you put in your mouth and the movement you do to negate that. It's a pretty simple formula, eat less than you burn. If you don't want to exercise, you can lose weight, but it means you have to limit what you eat. If you want to eat more, you need to exercise. It's as simple as that.

However; MFP does offer more than just a way to keep track of what you put into your body and how you burn off calories. The forums and groups are full of a wealth of good AND BAD information. Reader beware. There are people here who will help you and encourage you. They will be happy when you keep logging day after day and love to cheer you on. There are also those that will bash you for eating too little, too much fat, too much protein, too much meat....too much whatever. Most are genuinely passionate about whatever you are doing or not doing. Others are just plain mean. So is the way of social media.

So you want to lose weight? So do most of us. Having a struggle? So are most of us. Can't find motivation? So are most of us. So how do you do it? One meal at a time. One pound at a time. If you are serious about taking charge of your your weight, your life, your world, you can't expect someone to do it for you. I love when people cheer me on, but they can't cheer me on until I DO SOMETHING! No one can do it for you. If you feel like you are a failure, then stop giving up. I know it's hard. IT'S DAMN HARD WORK! If you aren't willing to work for it, you aren't ready.

If you are ready, then WELCOME! MFP is a FABULOUS TOOL to make a goal and attain it. Make that goal and set another one. Will it be easy? No, but most of us here will help cheer you on. And there are many here that you can find inspiration from and come to the realization that one day, you might be someone else's inspiration. Don't believe me? Prove me wrong.

Want to be successful with MFP? You just have to make the commitment that no matter what, no matter how many times you screw up, no matter how many times you feel like you can't, you have to tell yourself I will not quit. Tell yourself, "If I fall down, I will get back up." Stick to your plan. Encourage others. Be honest to yourself. (Your body doesn't know what you log and don't log..don't cheat yourself by not logging!) Good luck to you and your new commitment...a year from now you will be amazed at what you have accomplished...if you just don't quit.

***THIS*** needs to be posted somewhere so that everyone who joins this site can read it on signup. By far one of the best posts yet,
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    b ump for later
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Mutters very, very quietly

*this must be an American thing. Praise for stating the obvious is just not the British way of doing things - all I can say is: no sh-it Sherlock"

Now she goes away, quite quickly.

And because it isn't YOUR way of doing things you feel the need to come along and put someone down? Other's (and I'd be willing to wager they aren't ALL Americans (as if that makes a difference)) found it inspirational and motivational...how is that bad??

TOUCHE'
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It's obvious you don't expect anyone to listen to you. You are neither too far left nor too far right; towing the line makes you easy to skip over. Oh, and you use too much logic here.

And the OP should have ended with "and don't get butthurt if someone says something against something you say...this is the Internet, and opinions are like *kitten*; everybody has one!"
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Perfect xxx
  • kallisto208
    Options
    Thanks, that was the kick in the *kitten* I needed, well said.
  • kunda23
    Options
    Great post, one of the best few post i've read in MFP!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post, those are powerful words, indeed.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Hello Captain Obvious:

Yep. A lot of words for what we already know. Kudos for the time and effort though.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well said.:flowerforyou:
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Uh Derrr....