Harsh opinions wanted!!!

Options
Moniqua1
Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
Ok, so I've noticed that since I've lost weight, I can't go out without anyone trying to take me home. Now, I have mixed feelings about this and it's not limited to guys. My.girlfriends also try (I'm not offended and actually flattered). My ordeal is that I don't truly believe that it's because I'm attractive. I've met beautiful girls who are overweight who get attention and, have friends worth awesome bodiesv and terrible faces and bad attitudes. All of whom get hit on. I want to be the total package so I would greatly appreciate any critism to ground me and give me something to work toward. I'm being conscious about who I am and trying not to become a *kitten* while I lose weight like I've seen do many times before. I want to ground myself and start humble.

Replies

• MySunshine76
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with the way you look. Maybe it's that you are more confident. A lot of guys like confidence in a girl for a relationship, but if they're just wanting to get in your pants they look for the most emotionally vulnerable woman they can find. Just don't go around thinking you are better than everyone else and everything should be fine.
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's honestly what I'm trying to avoid.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You've only lost 11 lbs, it's not the weight because I'm sure you looked the same in clothes before. I have heard men say they try to pick on the easiest girl in the group, could be the way you dress or present yourself.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I may be that you are more confident but as a guy, we look at the physique first then we talk and decide if it's worth our time.

You are pretty and you have a great body IMO! Keep your humble attitude, be confident and that's about it.

Get used to guys talking to you cuz you look great and if you have a great personality, well, then bingo! Oh and you might get haters too. Expect it from close friends. Seriously, it happens.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    You've only lost 11 lbs, it's not the weight because I'm sure you looked the same in clothes before. I have heard men say they try to pick on the easiest girl in the group, could be the way you dress or present yourself.

That's crap. And 11 lbs.. will be noticed. My ex was Asian and petite. I helped her lose 12 lbs and everyone noticed.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've noticed that since I've lost weight, I can't go out without anyone trying to take me home. Now, I have mixed feelings about this and it's not limited to guys. My.girlfriends also try (I'm not offended and actually flattered). My ordeal is that I don't truly believe that it's because I'm attractive. I've met beautiful girls who are overweight who get attention and, have friends worth awesome bodiesv and terrible faces and bad attitudes. All of whom get hit on. I want to be the total package so I would greatly appreciate any critism to ground me and give me something to work toward. I'm being conscious about who I am and trying not to become a *kitten* while I lose weight like I've seen do many times before. I want to ground myself and start humble.

I'm not understanding the problem. You already sound grounded. The fact that you would ask for criticism is proof enough. So what are you really after?
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that you should stop basing your opinion of yourself on the opinion of others :)

It truly is what is inside that counts. :flowerforyou:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    there's nothing about you, you're gorgeous in fact, i think perhaps men are simply intimidated by you and the ones who aren't are merely overconfident douches who think they can bring anyone home, what i would recommend is perhaps you making first approach or changing surroundings
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    That's honestly what I'm trying to avoid.

There's a huge difference between confidence and arrogance. From where I sit you have alot to be confident about but . . . you need to recognize that in yourself.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    harsh: you are really gorgeous! you have a beautiful face and i love your hair. your body is amazing as is, but as you progress i bet you will have a tighter tummy and be even hotter.

i find that people do hit on people who are either hot or vulnerable. i disagree with the confidence thing. confidence scares others. it welcomes them on a friend level, but it scares them in every other way possible. i could be wrong, but this is how i read people. when i am alone and not having the greatest day i get hit on a lot. when i am on top of the world people seem like they couldn't care less....or maybe i just don't notice. i don't know!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with the way you look. Maybe it's that you are more confident. A lot of guys like confidence in a girl for a relationship, but if they're just wanting to get in your pants they look for the most emotionally vulnerable woman they can find. Just don't go around thinking you are better than everyone else and everything should be fine.

omg this!! i only read the confident part at first. but i fullllly agree!
  • gothamriots
    Options

I'm sure you looked the same in clothes before.

Bull.

As for the question... OP, as mentioned before, there's a difference between confidence and arrogance. You don't seem arrogant, to me, but only you can change how you feel about yourself, here.

Have fun, enjoy it. You've worked hard for it. :)
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh hell yes, I know its such a burden to look as good as we do :smokin:
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    How old are the people that pick you up?

Just asking cause guys my age will go for 30+ year olds cause they're the most vulnerable and sexually deprived.

Anyways you seem to be confusing your confidence with arrogance. Don't be so harsh on yourself.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the problem...you go out...guys hit on you...this is the way of the world.

No one can definitively tell you the reason because it is different from person to person, but I would guess that generally the person thinks you are good looking and is talking to you to see if you are a cool person as well.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Just so I have this straight, you mean that your own friends that are girls are also trying to take you home?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question, or another one of those facetious threads?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't want to take you home. My wife would kill me.

Let's go to your place.
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't want to take you home. My wife would kill me.

Let's go to your place.

Good one! :laugh:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    are you asking why everyone wants to take you home and you want to know how to get people to not want to do that?