Can fat people find love?

Options

Replies

• rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ok, so here's the thing. You're 20. It doesn't seem like it, but you've got *plenty* of time to find somebody so quit panicking.

Secondly, don't define who *you* are by your significant other, or lack thereof. There's a scene in the movie "Cool Runnings" where they're talking about gold medals, and one character says "If you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it." The same applies to romantic relationships...if you're not happy with yourself alone, you're never going to be happy with someone, either.

Third, yes, plenty of overweight people are in happy, loving relationships. Personally, that's not for me until I get in shape. Relationships and marriages are stressful, and when you're out of shape, you just don't have the energy to deal with all the trials and difficulties that occur even in healthy relationships. When just living your day to day life wears you out (as it does when you're overweight, though it's not always noticeable), you just won't have the energy or patience to calmly deal with your significant other when he leaves his socks on the floor or something like that. You'll be irritable and have more arguments, and you won't even know why. Just trust me on this, I've been there.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Honestly hun, I know coming out of being a teenager and everything while being fat, you think no one will ever look at you or love you but it's not true. Do not lose weight to find a guy ( do it when you're ready, for you). Even if you were to stay at 300 lbs, you'll find someone.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    No one else can love you unless you love yourself...Truly. Take what you want from that.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im going through the same thing and i dont think it has anything to do with weight.....just be happy and work on yourself..hugs
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    well NO, if you ask a stupid question like that!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    love does NOT discriminate.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Yes!

I got married at my heighest weight.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Gosh girl you are gorgeous! Heck Im 40 and still looking for love... Ive always picked the wrong man and settled.. this time around I wont settle.. I know hes out there... Im far from skinny and have a long way to go... but I learned theres more to me than my weight....and if a guy cant see me for the beauty inside then **** him!

Never give up and always believe in yourself!! You are young and have so much to look forward to :)
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Start loving yourself... work on what makes you happy, and some guy will see that... Guys love confidence..
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Go on your own weight loss journey with MyFittnesspal help
    You will be so happy with yourself
    I wish I had done it in my younger years
    The biggest change will be how you feel about yourself!
    (I did not expect that)
    We are all here for you!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Ok first off.....

You're really pretty. True story.

Second....LOVE YOURSELF first....then the weight will fall off....and love with be there. Whatever you do...you gotta do this solely because you want to live a full rewarding life.

Hell....you may find love before hitting what you currently think is acceptable for deserving love.

Real love will see YOU for who you are...and the more you improve your health and lifestyle, it will just get stronger.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

good lord girl! get off your high horse. you've never had doubts?

to the OP:
    here's my 2c. as a lot of ppl have said, love does not discriminate. BUT you need to believe in yourself.

you can be slim and still not have self-esteem. i dont think i'm fat, but sure i have doubts that i;ll meet the right person etc.

live, laugh be happy - that never loses attraction

xx
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I've seen Mike & Molly. Believe!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I weight about 306 now...
    I'm 20 and I'm just scared. There is so much negativity and I'm working on loosing but I keep failing. I'm afraid it will take me so long to lose or I won't be able to and I'll never find love and I'll be alone forever...
    I'm also not the least bit pretty and I've been told by my past and present therapist that I have zero self esteem. I'm tired of feeling like this, so down on myself and so afraid. :/

Lack of confidence is an immediate turnoff no matter what you look like.

You need to start finding things about yourself that are valuable and attractive and start building up your own self-worth before anyone else will be interested in doing that with you.
  • xoTammyox
    xoTammyox Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    NO. J/K My hsuband was and is still fat and I fell in love with him.
  • Willowjet
    Options
    this woman...

347449-christina-hendricks-150.jpg

is married to this man...

19641616.jpg

if that doesn't prove that love and attraction goes a lot deeper than just looks, what does?
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I think there is someone for everyone. I also think you are beautiful. I'm more than twice your age so let me share what I have discovered. If you want love in your life start with loving yourself. Take care of yourself. Do things that you enjoy. Don't let anyone treat you badly, especially yourself. Don't worry about what other people think, you can't please everyone. Do what YOU know is right for YOU. And, especially-Don't wait for someone else to make you happy, the only person that can make you happy is you!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    this woman...

347449-christina-hendricks-150.jpg

is married to this man...

19641616.jpg

if that doesn't prove that love and attraction goes a lot deeper than just looks, what does?

Enough said!
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options

good lord girl! get off your high horse. you've never had doubts?

to the OP:
    here's my 2c. as a lot of ppl have said, love does not discriminate. BUT you need to believe in yourself.

you can be slim and still not have self-esteem. i dont think i'm fat, but sure i have doubts that i;ll meet the right person etc.

live, laugh be happy - that never loses attraction

xx

but....I like to be on my high horse! nothing wrong with that.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yes. If Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is any indication...

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. But seriously, love is more than weight and looks. A large part of it is how you feel about yourself. If you don't like yourself, chances are no body else will either. If that's the problem, you have an excellent opportunity to motivate yourself to make positive changes :). And one day, when you do love yourself, a lot of other people will too (even the ones who do now).