Can fat people find love?

Options

Replies

• xxloveiswarr
    Options
    Love yourself. Until you do that the other parts going to be hard because you won't deem yourself worthy of love.
  • wendirhodes
    wendirhodes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with weight all of my life too. In my experience, when I let my innerself shine and let go of my securities, I find I am more concerned about my weight than the men I was hoping to date. I got my nerve up about 6 years ago and joined some of the normal webbased dating sites and you'd be surprised at how many connections you can make. I truly don't think that it is as big of an issue as you build it up to be in your head. I am guilty of this as well. When I just decided to be confident in who I was, it changed the way people responded to me and boy did I have FUN and you can too girlie!! I'm happily married now with a little four year old cutie patootie. It's doable and I think what you need to focus most on is building your self-confidence so you can let yourself shine!!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey around 6 months ago I weighed in about 240 - I'm about to celebrate my 4 year anniversary with an amazing (skinny :wink: ) man
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You should watch more TLC. Seeing that Honey Boo Boo's mom found a boyfriend and someone to have sex with her (as evidenced by her children), that'll make anybody feel better:))

Men are attracted to your self love and self confidence. Work on loving yourself first before you love someone else. Good luck:)
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    On a more serious note.. YES! Or course! I knew my husband when i was in high school, when i was fine as hell and weighted 115pounds. He loved me then, and years later, when he saw me again, then at 175lbs, he still loved me, all over again. He loved me when i was as big as a house at 210 carrying his baby and at 189, stuck forever trying to finally lose weight. I'm now 169 and still getting healthier, he loves me no matter what. Its deeper than that. Try not to focus on "trying to look better" to get that person. Think of it as getting healthier so that you can be around for longer, to enjoy life with them, have babies and grand children. At least thats what i think about.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I used to be pretty optimistic but @ age 39 (almost 40)...... not so hopeful for it anymore. Ready to get a couple more cats and settle for being the crazy cat lady upstairs.
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    Short answer: Yes!

I got married at my heighest weight.

same here!!!!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you believe you will find love, it will happen. If you love yourself, someone will love you. If you exude confidence, others will flock to you. This has nothing to do with your weight or your looks (even though I think you are very attractive). :wink:
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I am kind of going through this right now. I just dont fee confident in dating at my size unfortunately. Trust me though people can find love at every size!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sure! Just not with me.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    No. That's why I'm alone...

PSYCHE!

Love doesn't care about size. Love cares about people. So certainly fat people can find love... but only if they're ready.
  • GibblesandBits8064
    GibblesandBits8064 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm married. And the guy I married I've known for ten years and I've been fat the whole time, so he knew what he was getting into. And we did not meet on the internet! So you don't have to be skinny or use the internet. But, like someone else said, it probably had a lot more to do with my personality (even though he tells me I'm beautiful all of the time). Just be positive and someone will find you:flowerforyou:.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. Find something you love about yourself and embrace it. This may sound cliche, but coming from a big girl right here who has someone that loves and sees past/through the imperfections, it's about loving yourself first.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My (now) husband proposed to me when I weighed 270lbs. I was a little smaller when we started dating, but still not SMALL by any stretch of the imagination (like 220-230)! Like others have said, love is NOT about a size. It's about who you are as a person.

Love yourself, and the world will follow...
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    YES! Of course. If it's LOVE, you can find it no matter what size you are. :flowerforyou:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I just looked at your profile, which has quite a few photos. First, you ARE pretty. And second, it seems that you are overly self-critical, to the point that you defeat yourself before you even begin. Are you in therapy? It may not be a bad idea to try it. I feel bad that you cannot see yourself as remotely pretty, and worse, that you believe people who say "You look great today" are lying. In my experience, people don't go out of their way to dupe someone into believing they are attractive. If anything, they will dupe a perfectly attractive person into believeing they are homely. It is a control thing.

Now, all that said, I would also suggest that you simply focus on your diet and exercise, and not think about whether you are attractive. Embrace the good stuff and move past any bad stuff. Make it a point to look for reasons to be happy, and to laugh, and to smile, and enjoy moments. When you can work past the negativity, the beauty in your personality will shine through, and people will notice.

I wish you the best.
  • candy102389
    Options
    Confidence Confidence Confidence! I have never been skinny I met my fiance when my weight was at 225 have been together 5 years... But I do remember I use to walk like I was some hot sexy thick lady... and i think that is what attracted him my confidence. i didnt care what anyone thought of me I knew I was gorgeous. Finally we starterd dating and I really believe he love me for me and my personality. Or maybe it was my butt hahahhahaha jk Girl cheer up never give up. No matter aht you are always worth it!
  • mmmurphy585
    mmmurphy585 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!! Stop looking for love, you are young and it will find you when you least expect it.
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    "Can fat people find love?"

What a lovely world we live in. :drinker:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    well NO, if you ask a stupid question like that!

^^ Geez girl, way to kick someone when their down. Feel better with yourself after stating the snarky comment? Smh :grumble:

To the OP, sweetie you're very pretty but I really don't think this is the issue. I think love is possible for anyone, at any size. Of course everyone has a preference, but confidence goes a long way. I would suggest you put your quest for love on a back burner and work on yourself for now. You're really young, as cliche as it sounds you have plenty of time. Everything will fall into place once you start learning to love yourself.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou: