Can fat people find love?

Options

Replies

• thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful ( to bad you don't see how most of us view you. ) You don't want a guy that only wants you for your body. Let them get to know you. I can promise you that alot of guys are viewing your picture and thinking I wish I could go out with her. Try seeing yourself how others see you. Good luck and love yourself
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes they can. I've been married for 9 years now and I'm just getting back to my weight loss journey. Someone who truly loves you will love you for who you are, not what you look like. Looks fade but personality does not.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    well NO, if you ask a stupid question like that!

^^ Geez girl, way to kick someone when their down. Feel better with yourself after stating the snarky comment? Smh :grumble:

To the OP, sweetie you're very pretty but I really don't think this is the issue. I think love is possible for anyone, at any size. Of course everyone has a preference, but confidence goes a long way. I would suggest you put your quest for love on a back burner and work on yourself for now. You're really young, as cliche as it sounds you have plenty of time. Everything will fall into place once you start learning to love yourself.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
    The comment is only snarky if thats the way you read it...............
  • hurricanehels
    hurricanehels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was once told " You have a great personality and a smile that lights up a room but I cant **** a personality" I replied that I could at least lose weight but they would still be a *kitten*. I turned on my heel and walked out the room with my head held high.

There are many men (and women) out there who will hurt your feelings but ultimately there is someone out there who is looking for someone like you. The right person will walk into your life at the right moment and everything will be just as it should.

In the meantime get in touch with your inner goddess. No matter how deeply she is buried and let her light shine through. Whenever you are scared reach for her and she will guide you. Men find a confident sexy woman irresistible, its doesnt matter what size you are.

Be the extraordinary, amazing person you were born to be. A man isnt the complete package, he is the bow and wrapping that compliments what's inside.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options

^^ Geez girl, way to kick someone when their down. Feel better with yourself after stating the snarky comment? Smh :grumble:

To the OP, sweetie you're very pretty but I really don't think this is the issue. I think love is possible for anyone, at any size. Of course everyone has a preference, but confidence goes a long way. I would suggest you put your quest for love on a back burner and work on yourself for now. You're really young, as cliche as it sounds you have plenty of time. Everything will fall into place once you start learning to love yourself.

any one in the world can find LOVE. But with an attitude of thinking you cant because of your weight, then you wont!!!
    Have a positive attitude. And since there are sooo many fat people in the world together than yes......duh!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweetie... you are so pretty and you deserve to be loved by someone wonderful. You're so young - focus on enjoying your life, living your dreams and having adventures. Love yourself first and when you aren't even expecting it, someone will come along and love you.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The internet the best love tool ever. Whatever you are someone out there loves it. Some Googling and you will find a community that for them you are a goddess ( and you are to someone out there).

I absolutely agree!!! My husband and I met online..... he now weighs over 7 stone less then the day we married.... I love him more and more each day. I fell in love with his personality online first well before I met him. Looks mean nothing if you're still an idiot, or selfish or have no manners.

He is funny, has a good heart and a fantastic family orientated guy. We are still both overweight, but are sharing our weightloss journey together.

Anyone who is naive enough to only see your weight doesn't deserve you anyway!!! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    No one else can love you unless you love yourself...Truly. Take what you want from that.

So true! I've been overweight most of my life. When I was 20 I thought that losing weight was going to be the answer to all my problems. I had a lot of "if only I was 20 or 30 lbs lighter then......" (the cute guy would like me, I'd have more friends, I would have been invited to the party) moments. Trust me when I say that just losing the weight isn't going to magically fix your life. You are beautiful but YOU have to believe that before anyone else will. If you don't think your good enough then no one else will either. Work hard, lose the weight, but most of all, tell yourself everyday how wonderful you are, cause you are!!!!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm fat. I found love - and love found me. I have been with my honey for 13 years now. Just don't settle for the first 'taker' that comes along. Your perfect match is out there waiting for you. Believe in Soul Mates - Your Soul Mate will love you just the way you , and you are beautiful.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options

any one in the world can find LOVE. But with an attitude of thinking you cant because of your weight, then you wont!!!
    Have a positive attitude. And since there are sooo many fat people in the world together than yes......duh!

^^^^^^ This! Totally.
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    With a little movement, or activity, a short walk, a tiny bit of self esteem comes with each step. I promise. The feeling of "I did it again today! I walked again!' will make you smile inside.

And yes- you will find love regardless of size. Love doesn't discriminate. But only when you least expect it and are ready for it without even knowing it.

Hugs
  • mdonovan
    Options
    So when a 20 year old woman says she's not the least bit pretty, I immediately investigate. Lady, you're gorgeous!! Your eyes are lovely and your hair is fabulous!! There's a saying along the lines of "if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull****". Make that your to-hell-with-my-low-self-esteem mantra. I'm not skinny in any way, but I ignore that nagging voice that says "You shouldn't wear that dress", pull on some heels (and stuff myself into Spanx ha) and walk into a room like they're all there waiting for me. What does that involve? Shoulders back, eyes up, big ****-eating grin and a hello for the first person you see. Yes, your mom said it too, because it's true, stop laughing. If you get in the habit of doing these things, you'll feel differently because people are going to be more receptive of you. My husband is pushing the 300-mark and I'm not kidding he has to be the most adored person everyone knows. While he is acutely aware of his weight (he is also on here, we're doing this together) it doesn't even occur to him that people might judge him or ignore him because of his size because he doesn't give them a chance to. He has something nice to say to everyone, a borderline inappropriate joke for us, and is the first person to offer a hand when needed. Having said that, yes larger people can find love because while I'm not quite the size he is, I couldn't be crazier about him if he tried to pay me. So ignore that little voice, you're a woman and unfortunately we're born with it, you just have to have selective hearing. Take your weight loss in small steps. Lose 7 lbs, you'll be under 300. There's your start.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh sweety!

Dont worry youre very young and you are gorgeous. Focus on loving yourself and taking care of yourself. Love will come believe me! Don't worry about it. Do things you love to do. It will come I remember being your age and thinking I would never find it. It comes you just have to be the best you that you can be. It will come to you when you stop worrying.
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    5'1, 230 pounds here, my dear friend. And YES, there is love out there for you. I found it, but first I had to find a way to think of myself as sexy and beautiful. As soon as I found that self-love inside of me, it started to show on the outside and I wasn't so guarded or shy anymore. Before I knew it, I had men asking for my number and telling me how pretty I was, which had NEVER happened before.

That being said, I have a friend who is super-model thin and pretty. She admittedly always has a boyfriend but is usually treated poorly and has been cheated on several times. So, that leads me to believe that being as physically perfect as possible is not necessarily going to gain anyone automatic love and respect from someone who thinks they're awesome.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Are you sincere? Don't look for love, don't pass go, FIND A COUNSELOR. If you look around, you will see fat, skinny, homely, hillbilly, gorgeous, tall, short, etc, etc, etc people together and in love. If you are seriously feeling this way, get some counselling because different people find all kinds of different people attractive.

Good luck, my dear. Anyone can find love, but it sounds like you need some adjustment before you start looking.
  • Nidiamazing
    Options
    I never though I'd find love...and here I am, age 22, happily married for almost a year - we married last year November 8th. I never thought I'd ever get married and only ever had a few boyfriends. I can tell you now, it really has nothing to do with looks (well maybe a little bit, some physical attraction has to be there other than being attracted to just personality!) but trust me, it WILL happen for you! I weighed 286 when I met my husband...I went up to 324 and just recently got serious about losing the weight and he's there by my side - no matter if I lose the weight or not. but I know if I ever want to start a family with him, this weight has to come off.

You don't want someone who will only love you after you lose all the weight. Be patient & LOVE YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT. Because if you don't, who will?

WATCH THIS, PLEASE!!

http://youtu.be/KO3YEe7yq6c
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh sweety!

Dont worry youre very young and you are gorgeous. Focus on loving yourself and taking care of yourself. Love will come believe me! Don't worry about it. Do things you love to do. It will come I remember being your age and thinking I would never find it. It comes you just have to be the best you that you can be. It will come to you when you stop worrying.

PS-I've found love several times and I'm fat
  • delta90017
    Options
    Therapy, and more of it, is all you need . . . painful repetitive therapy.

When the low self-esteem filter is removed by your work in therapy, weight will fall away.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Honey, you are beautiful! God made us in HIS image. The only thing unattractive about you is that you think you're not. It's hard for someone to love you until you learn to love yourself. They can try, but it's very difficult. I have lived this most of my life and I still have moments of insecurity (all women do) but luckily my guy is understanding about that. I have learned to love myself after a lifetime of verbal and mental abuse. I am living healthier because I have a new respect for myself. I'm not trying to lose weight so I'll be more attractive, it's because I know I deserve to be healthy and live to the fullest! Sure, it'll be nice to be thin, but that's not what this is about. Okcupid.com is a great dating site. Be real with your pics. There are lots of men out there who like a girl with some meat on her bones, but you are on mfp, so I don't think you'll stay that way for long. Best wishes :-)
  • CanadianDot
    CanadianDot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say yes. Why?

I met my now-husband when I was 20, and weighed around 400 lbs. We've now been married just shy of 7 years, and we're still very much in love. He's not an FA or anything, but he loves my brain AND my body. He never pressures me to lose weight, but totally supports me when I want to try because he wants me to be around forever.

It can happen. I'm proof. But if you're waiting around for love to happen, you're just going to feel lonely! Be your own person, make you the best you that you can be, and focus on living YOUR OWN life!