The Original Power 90 Check In?

Options

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Glad you guys are still at it! Use Power 90 as a stepping stone. It worked for me. I have completed one round of Power 90 and 2 rounds of P90X. I now take Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsui as well as doing P90X for strength training. I know this program works so stick with it!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey Roy, It's been awhile, glad you checked it - good to see you are still at it and doing good. Way to go. I love the Power 90 programs - haven't gotten to p90X yet but than is in my future....

. I am on a running program to prepare for a 10K my first in many years! LOL I do the power 1/2 jsut to keep up my strenght for right now - can do boy push ups and 1 -2 pull ups all by myself.

Good luck - keep pushing play!!!
  • bbowmanj4
    Options
    What's the best way to add the power 90 workout to the fitness pal?
  • lobster888
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Trying to get back into it. I am doing a running program to prepare for a 10K at he end of April. So with that and my regular classes at the gym and my new walking program with the ladies in my neighborhood I been really busy. But on the mornings I am not running - I will do the power 1/2 program. So that will be about three times a week right now.

So I did the power 1/2 arms this morning. Felt pretty good ... I miss it. So here's to back to Power 90!!!

Hope everyone is doing good!!!
  • boomdiggy02
    Options
    @bbowmanj4
    There doesn't seem to be a way to enter a custom workout like the ones provided in the dvd's...
    Actually, you can. Go to the exercise tab and click on My Exercies. There you can select Create Exercise and create an exercise based on the workout dvd you used. This is what I did for 30 Day Shred and my P90X DVDs. I name the exercise the same as the workout dvd, put in the length of the workout, then enter my calories burned from my HRM.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Morning all, today I will try to get in my power 1/2 of abs - I took a ab class on Tuesday at the gym and it was a killer. So, I figure that tonight would be a good night to do it. (one day of rest) I did my run program yesterday morning and I also walked last night. so I am trying to keep up...

Keep pushing play!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Morning all, still doing my running program - ready to add power 90 back into my plan. Got up this morning and did the power half hour ab routine. Then did 20min of running on treadmill. (slow pace) . So my new plan is to do power 1/2 every day this week (except Sunday) and fit in my running. I should do at least 30min of running too. Then next week I will add some other tapes - maybe level 1/2 of power 90?? I will see how it feels. Maybe able to move up fast .. maybe not. But for now, that is my new plan.

So day 1 of 90 plan (not the regular plan - but a plan of power 90-power half/hour-power master series) I should be checking often because it helps keep me motivated!!!

Anyone else out there starting anything?? Need some support and motivation!!!!!
  • TheNewMrsDemo
    TheNewMrsDemo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started Power 90 today. I'm having a hard time with figuring out how many calories I burned. It's not in the database and I don't have a heart monitor yet. Any ideas about the average calories burned with sculpt and cardio 1-2? Thanks!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    I logged my in under circut training general. I used the exact amount of the timed DVD - it changes depending on which one you do. I have a HRM and it was pretty close to the same reading. I was very disappointed because it seemed low - but since both gave me about the same I figured it was close. I figured that it kinda will all even out. I know some days I work harder - the sweat dvd but then maybe not as hard on others sculpt. I just use it as a base. I figure the the extra calories I burn that are not logged make up for that bite of my husband dessert I didn't log either!!! LOL
  • lobster888
    Options
    Day 2 for power 1/2 - I did thigh burner this morning and I also did 30 min on the treadmill. I was also able to get in a walk with the hubby last night.

I made a egg white omelette for breakfast and packed a nice healthy salad and snack. So my day is off to a good start. If I can get in my spin class tonight - I will be happy!!! (i missed last week)

Keep pushing play!!!!!
  • jjjghoffert
    Options
    I totally know what you mean about the swing your leg through thing. My legs don't go that way either!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Day 3 - Power 1/2 arms - check, Running 20 min - walk 10 min check, exercise done for the day (unless I get in a quick walk with hubbie tonight)

Fixed and drank my protein smoothie - and have healthy snacks packed. Going out to lunch today - Cafe type - already looked at menu and have a healthy choice picked out!!

Keep pushing play!!

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Day 4 Power 1/2 - bun burner- what a workout!!! I will feel this later!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    I completed day 5 on Friday - took the weekend off - Usually only Sundays but had a lot going on this weekend.

Today I did day 6 power 90 1/2 abs!! Will try to walk tonight!!

Keep pushing play!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Had to skip Tuesday and Wed. - some kinda of stomache upset. Better today so I did the Power 90 arms. I also walked for 15 min on treadmill. I will try to get in some more walking this evening. A little bump in theroad for me---I hate to miss my workouts!

But, I am back at it. Day 7 - Arms - Done!!!

Keep pushing play!!
  • stgipson
    stgipson Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey guys I just joined the site I started my diet plan 7 days ago. Cut all sodas out drinking nothing but water have cut my calorie intake to 1700 a day my starting weight was 280 have already lost 3 lbs. I ordered the original power 90 will be here monday can't wait to get going. I will keep you guys updated.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Hey stigipson, thats great!! If you start on Monday I will do a round of my Power 90 master series with you!!! I just finished a round of 30 day shred and started the biggest loser DVD but switch over to my Master series on monday!! I liek that series - so I will join in with you.

I usually start with Sculpt ...

Let me know???
  • lobster888
    Options
    Ok day 1 power 90 master series - sculpt ! Anyone else out there willing to start??? Tomorrow is sweat!!! Come on let go -

Just push play!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Day 2 power 90 sweat - master series. Those yoga moves - put your leg through your arms - still having trouble LOL !! but I am much better than before - I don't have to use my arms to physically move my leg haha!!!

So where is everyone - anyone???

Keep pushing play!!
  • stgipson
    stgipson Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey Lobster thanks for the support Just finished day 1 power 90 sculpt it was rough but its only going to get better sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I worked this weekend and have been using the moble app. I am down to 272 now sticking to my diet.

Just push play !!!