• Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I hate you

Agreed. Let's get em!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like them and I like to add a single push up before I jump back up... If I could do back flips I would do those too..

:P
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I hate you

^ me too
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I like them and I like to add a single push up before I jump back up... If I could do back flips I would do those too..

I was thinking of you the whole time I was reading this post! LOL
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    They are also called log belly rolls, They do suck, I can handle doing them for 2 minutes in one workout...but twice in one workout (Tough Mudder) Sucks big time! We used to do a version called Squat Thrusts in Martial Arts...but that was back when I was YOUNG.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to give these a whirl.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Cartwheel?
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Burpees are hard and effective - a buddy of mine that i work out with all the time find the burpee really hard on his lower back. I know one gym that has banned the burpee because it not typically done properly and then it can be an issue for your back. At 20 i would have been more of a fan of the burpee than i am at 43!
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Being a CFer, burpees are a part of a lot of workouts so......I thank you for whoever "invented" because as bad as they make you feel during and after doing them they have helped me with other things(endurance, push-ups, air squats,etc.)
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with burpees. If you want a killer workout try doing tabata burpees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE
  • FuzzyPandaMan
    Options
    These sound like the "squat thrusts" we did in high school.

Yeah, mix Between those and the "Up Downs" we did during football practice.
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Burpees since secondary school when our PE teacher :devil: (who was pure evil) used to make us do them after lunch :sick:

This was the same guy that would wait for a good ground frost before getting us to play rugby and when it was hammering with rain go for a cross country run that was really 'cross country' over (or in reality through) streams etc.

Happy Days
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Burpees are hard and effective - a buddy of mine that i work out with all the time find the burpee really hard on his lower back. I know one gym that has banned the burpee because it not typically done properly and then it can be an issue for your back. At 20 i would have been more of a fan of the burpee than i am at 43!

They are very demanding on the lower back if you use incorrect form and sag, but how do people expect to get stronger, healthier backs if they just ban training them?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I hate them but they are so effective.:mad:
    Yeah at building cardio endurance.

Which is what some people want...
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    For those that need a more challenging burpee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpkFcAGCX8

:noway: Is he crazy? LOL!
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    For those that need a more challenging burpee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpkFcAGCX8

:noway: Is he crazy? LOL!

Crazy but hot
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    These sound like the "squat thrusts" we did in high school.

Yes! This is what I was thinking as well. I had always wondered what "burpees" were.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Duplicate response
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I hate you
    That's a shame, because I'm sure Lieutenant William Burpee, credited with its invention in 1907, speaks very highly of you.

ROFL ..... was he friends with the Duke of Dustbin and Lord Lawnmower ? :):):)