to whoever thought up burpees....

Replies

• I LOVE Burpees!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWVw00zgYhg

I will be trying this sometime next summer!
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    I love them. I'm unique quite clearly!
  • after starting Insanity, I can relate. Only I am much more outspoken. It's more of.... F*** I hate these damn things.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    We do these in Kickboxing. The routine is 4 uppercuts (while shifting the feet forward) punch, punch, punch, punch, burpee, burpee, 4 uppercuts (moving backwards) repeat. FKING MURDER, however I love it :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I hate them. I can never get into the plank from the squat correctly. I have really long legs and a short torso, and it just usually ends up making me look foolish.

P.S. It's definitely not a back strength issue. I was deadlifting 185 pre-baby.
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    OMG! Until just now, I thought Burpees was a seriously ill-named restaurant. Am I the only one??
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    I hate you

I second that!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    I :heart: Burpees!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    OMG! Until just now, I thought Burpees was a seriously ill-named restaurant. Am I the only one??

LOL I almost spit out my coffee!
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    I hate you

Couldn't agree more!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Bump
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    They deserve to be junk punched junk_punch.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I hate you

die in a fire.

For seven years I screamed Id never do one. I walked in circles for 5 minutes yesterday refusing to surrender. But I learned the how. And now I hate them enough to know that Im probably going to try to get really good at them just because I hate them so much.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Manmakers. :sick:
  • RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    They deserve to be junk punched junk_punch.jpg

LMAO! Awesome and yes I agree... the person who came up with suicides also should be junk punched.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Word! They are called Suicide Jumps in Insanity, for good reason! They really are awesome though. The kind of move you love to hate. It is pure power!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    I have a love hate relationship with burpees. If you want a killer workout try doing tabata burpees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE

Ahh no thank you. It hurt just watching that one. YIkes!!
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Burpees are not the same as squat thrust. You start standing, then drop down, then do a squat thrust, then jump back up. So they're like squat thrusts+
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Am I the only one who saw the topic and thought you were mad at the Burpee seed company for some reason? Now it makes more sense. :blushing:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Oh, but I love burpees and mountain climbers! If I'm gonna work out, I want to do moves that make me work. You should try 6-count and 8-count burpees...

I read a quote somewhere that said "If it doesn't feel hard, it isn't." Hard is what gets us results! If we could get fit doing easy moves, everyone would be fit.

I say "thank you" to whomever thought up burpees and mountain climbers and plank moves!