bump
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Chef, bumping for later.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    how about a way to make a low fat cheese cake? or am i dreaming? lol or a low fat punpkin cheese cake? again i could be dreaming

Ok, Experiment # 1, Lowfat Pumpkin cheese cake.
    This tasted really good to me but the texture was a bit more eggy than creamy. I don't mind that as I like that texture. I will try again to get a smoother, more cheesecake texture. I think I may have to put a bit of cream cheese in with the cottage cheese. These did meet all my needs for a sweet though, and were easy to make.

1 Cup lowfat cottage cheese
    1/2 Cup pumpkin
    6 Tbs egg whites(from a carton)
    1 scoop vanilla Pure Protein, Vanilla
    1/2 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
    1 Tbs Maple Syrup, the real thing, not flavored corn syrup:wink:
    1 Tbs Nectresse( It's a sugar substitute from splenda, can use splenda or stevia, if you have it, or a couple Tbs real sugar, just change nutrition facts to reflect it.)
    6 Anna's almond thins cookies

Puree all ingredients together in food processor or blender,
    Line 6 muffin tins with paper liners and spray with nonstick spray
    Pour mixture evenly into 6 muffin tins, place 1 cookie on top of each.
    Bake in a 350* oven about 25 minutes
    Let cool

The cookie makes them pretty and substitutes for a crust.

Nutrition based on my brands, it will vary if you have to make substitutions for what
    you have available in your area.
    Cals---104:happy:
    Protein-10 gms
    Fat-2gms
    Carbs-12 gms
    Fiber-1 gm

I'm thinking to reduce the eggs to 4 Tbs and add 1-2 Tbs either greek yogurt or low-fat cream cheese to get a smoother, creamier texture. I will post when I have a chance to try again. These are good though, just not quite the texture I was looking to achieve. Now, I'm going to eat a 2nd serving, these are breakfast today:laugh:
  • babyangel6806
    babyangel6806 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to start using the Vanilla flavored whey protein and need shake ideas. I am very sensitive to taste so I am looking form something sweet (preferably fruity), smooth, and not chalky. Currently in the house I have kiwi, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberry/Mango/Peach mixed bag, 1 naked smoothie Mango flavor, whole milk.....any ideas what I could do with this??
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to start using the Vanilla flavored whey protein and need shake ideas. I am very sensitive to taste so I am looking form something sweet (preferably fruity), smooth, and not chalky. Currently in the house I have kiwi, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberry/Mango/Peach mixed bag, 1 naked smoothie Mango flavor, whole milk.....any ideas what I could do with this??

Yum! I have smoothies all the time. Are you trying to keep calories under a particular #?
    I try to keep the calories low in my smoothies, so based on what you have here's what I would do...
    measure about 4oz(1/2 cup) of the Naked Smoothie, add about 1/2 cup of water, put it in your blender with the protein powder and about 1/2 cup of the mixed fruit, 1 kiwi with skin off and blend til smooth. yum, tropical goodness. Whole milk doesn't fit my nutritional needs so I don't use it.
  • babyangel6806
    Options

Yum! I have smoothies all the time. Are you trying to keep calories under a particular #?
    I try to keep the calories low in my smoothies, so based on what you have here's what I would do...
    measure about 4oz(1/2 cup) of the Naked Smoothie, add about 1/2 cup of water, put it in your blender with the protein powder and about 1/2 cup of the mixed fruit, 1 kiwi with skin off and blend til smooth. yum, tropical goodness. Whole milk doesn't fit my nutritional needs so I don't use it.

I'm not really concerned with staying under a certain amount of calories because I usually drink these on days I go to the gym anyway. That sounds awsome...I am going to definately try this one. :happy: Unfortunately the rest of my family won't drink/use anything other than whole milk and I don't drink/use enough myself to warrant buying my own low fat milk. If I do drink it I just calculate for those calories.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ok my questions:

Have you got a recipe for a healthy stir fr sauce ?

thanks !
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Everyday I am going over on my sodium and fat (but staying with in my calories) I was looking for a low in fat and sodium recipe for sauce to put on pasta.. I am open to anything preferably home made and not out of a can ;)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've used Ritz crackers instead of breadcrumbs in meatloaf - not healthy, but HEAVENLY flavor!
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ok my questions:

Have you got a recipe for a healthy stir fr sauce ?

thanks !
    I'm ashamed to say I really dont lol...I'm very sorry, but or whatever reason I've never gotten good at making Chinese food (American Chinese food) despite the fact that I do love it so much, everything for the most part just turns out kinda "meh" but I'll tell you what...I'm making Chinese this weekend (thanks to you lol) and if it rocks I'll get you a recipe...fair enough?
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Any recipes for homemade protein bars that hold their shape and don’t need to be refrigerated.
  • bodyrollin
    Options
    Everyday I am going over on my sodium and fat (but staying with in my calories) I was looking for a low in fat and sodium recipe for sauce to put on pasta.. I am open to anything preferably home made and not out of a can ;)
    Any fresh prepped sauce can be low in sodium, red sauce has nearly zero fat, and is relatively easy to execute...my red sauce (which I must say I'm quite partial to) is just one chopped red onion, a whole head of chopped fresh garlic (at least 8 cloves) just enough oil to sauté in a large pot, sauté until onions clear, and garlic just starts to carmelize. Add in 3 lbs of diced fresh Roma tomatoes, and 2 bunches (about half a cup) of fresh chopped basil...stir together and simmer for about half an hour, if it gets too thick/dry, thin it with beer...after that half hour stir in one of the small cans of tomato paste, and add about a tablespoon of fresh chopped oregano, simmer for another ten minutes...season to taste (I usually salt until just a tiny bit too salty which usually is about 2 tablespoons of kosher salt, and then ad just a little sugar, like less than a teaspoon usually, to both balance and add depth of flavor...i use words like usually, and about, because seasoning will vary depending on the quality of ingredients you use) 2 tablespoons of kosher salt is not too bad for the gallon or so of sauce you'll make...
  • babyangel6806
    Options

I just wanted to check back in and let you know that I tried this recipe this morning and LOVED IT!! I could barley taste a hint of the vanilla which actually gave it a real smooth taste (almost like orange julius).
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    definitely a bump!
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    i would love to know how to make a gravy that is not as high fat as the standard ones.. any advice?
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a low calorie biscotti recipe. I LOVE these biscottis I buy at Whole Foods from Irene's Gourmet Bakery, but they're damn expensive and I'm trying to make my own. Theirs are airy and light and crisp, use egg whites only (as opposed to the whole egg) and only 20 - 25 cals each! I've tried a couple times and mine just aren't as finely textured or as low calorie. Help!
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hi.... do u know any protein shake recipe that does not include protein powder and greek yoghurt..........
    wanted to get an idea of protein rich food other than egg, chicken , mutton, fish, soya, dairy products , lentils and nuts
  • bodyrollin
    Options
    i would love to know how to make a gravy that is not as high fat as the standard ones.. any advice?
    brown or cream?
  • bodyrollin
    Options
    hi.... do u know any protein shake recipe that does not include protein powder and greek yoghurt..........
    wanted to get an idea of protein rich food other than egg, chicken , mutton, fish, soya, dairy products , lentils and nuts
    ounce for ounce spinach is one of the most protein rich ingredients on earth...toss a handful in with just about anything.
  • bodyrollin
    Options

I'm looking for a low calorie biscotti recipe. I LOVE these biscottis I buy at Whole Foods from Irene's Gourmet Bakery, but they're damn expensive and I'm trying to make my own. Theirs are airy and light and crisp, use egg whites only (as opposed to the whole egg) and only 20 - 25 cals each! I've tried a couple times and mine just aren't as finely textured or as low calorie. Help!
    I'll preface this with saying that I'm no pastry chef, so this is just someone else's recipe, although it is good, and only about 100 calories per biscuit, less than 3 grams of fat, and only about 18 grams of carbs
    1-2/3 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
    1-1/2 tsp baking powder
    pinch of salt
    3/4 cup superfine sugar (you can put sugar in food processor)
    3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
    2 large eggs
    1 large egg white

Preheat oven to 375°. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper.

Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add chocolate chips and mix. Gradually add eggs and egg whites to the mixture and combine to make a dough. (If dough is too dry add one more egg white)

Divide the dough into two or three loafs. Place on the lined baking sheets and bake 20 minutes. (If the dough is too sticky to form with your hands, you can use a wooden spatula to transfer it onto the baking sheets)